Rodrigo Segura, Dr.
Verified Expert in Engineering
With an extensive academic background in mathematics, physics, and aerospace engineering, Rodrigo became a full-stack developer passionate about modular, scalable, and user-friendly applications. Rodrigo specializes in the scalable design of TypeScript full-stack NestJS/React architectures configured as modular infrastructures that enable the efficient collaboration of multiple teams working toward a consolidated product with various modules and features.
The most amazing...
...solution I've published is Normalized Reducers Utils, an open-source framework that builds robust and scalable React and Redux applications.
- Designed and built Visa’s Innovation Architecture prototyping platform.
- Optimized scalability and streamlined the maintenance of the Innovation Architecture platform by encapsulating functionality into reusable modules.
- Designed and implemented prototypes of various front-end and back-end modules to test their functionality and compatibility.
Senior Product Engineer
- Played a key role in front-end architecture design, primarily focusing on data architecture.
- Designed and implemented various test scenarios across multiple technologies for unit and integration testing.
- Implemented a single sign-on solution with React and Auth0.
- Participated in product engineering for financial analysis and reporting.
Senior Product Engineer
- Designed and implemented new features in the accointing.com web and mobile applications.
- Played a key role in the roadmap and product specification for the accointing.com web application.
- Designed and implemented architecture, modularization, and scalability improvements and optimizations.
Project Front-end Architect and Lead
- Implemented an efficient and performant approach to manage a relational data model stored in the metadata of thousands of JSON files.
- Designed and implemented a scalable web application from the ground up.
- Created and implemented the front end of a web application to simultaneously read and visually update multiple entire or partial JSON files, as well as the relationships that connect them.
Senior Software Engineer
- Contributed to the development of Weframe's collaboration platform.
- Designed and implemented efficient patterns to improve the application's stability, scalability, and performance.
- Collaborated on the refactoring and migration of the codebase to TypeScript.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Collaborated in migrating a complex Windows native application that handles and presents highly relational data to a web app.
- Implemented modern collaboration and communication processes in the development team.
- Improved the development guidelines and patterns to boost scalability and performance.
- Designed and implemented a modular and scalable front-end architecture for a dynamic industrial IoT platform.
- Led the front-end team in developing the Relayr data analytics module.
- Collaborated with the back-end team on the development of the Relayr cloud platform.
Technology Consultant and Web Application Developer
- Led the design, bootstrapping, and development of a risk assessment pilot app, currently used in production by thousands of customers of one of the largest insurance providers in Colombia.
- Designed the data model and database schema for the application.
- Implemented the APIs to query the application's data.
- Designed and implemented the application's front end.
- Pitched the pilot to my client's client and participated in the bid which was later granted to my client.
Normalized Reducers Utilshttps://github.com/lolero/normalized-reducers-utils
• A standard protocol to interact with an application's front end to make CRUD operations on it consistent, regardless of the data that is being stored or consumed. In simple English, this framework provides the tools to interact with the state of a front-end application in a similar way to how clients interact with a RESTful API.
• A set of strongly typed CRUD action interfaces and reducer handlers that enforce a consistent reducer architecture that enables a web application's robust and reliable scaling.
• A framework that simplifies the migration of async logic away from components and into a dedicated middleware layer.
Redux, Material UI, Next.js, Jest, Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS, Spring, Relay, Cypress, NestJS
Redux-Saga, Node.js, jQuery, REST APIs, React, Web3.js, MobX
MATLAB, MetaMask, NGINX, Figma, React Apollo
Scrum, Management, UI Design, Scalable Application, Test-driven Development (TDD), REST, Web UI Design
Blockchain, Docker, Kubernetes
Jira Administrator, Architecture, Mathematics, Physics, Aerodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Enzyme, Front-end, Front-end Development, Front-end Architecture, API Integration, Integration, Team Leadership, Full-stack, Scalable Architecture, Technical Leadership, Web Development, Software Development, Software Design, Cryptocurrency, Full-stack Development, Dashboards, Data Visualization, Graphs, Internationalization, Localization, Cryptocurrency Wallets, APIs, Product Development, Symphony, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), Smart Contracts, UX Architecture, Web App Development
Ph.D. in Engineering, Fluid Mechanics and Aerodynamics
Bundeswehr University Munich - Munich, Germany
Master of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering
Purdue University - West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics and Physics
University of Nebraska—Lincoln - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring