Azure DevOps Architect2021 - PRESENTNew Zealand Defense Force
Technologies: Azure, Azure DevOps, Azure DevOps Services
- Written a first-class design for the Azure DevOps platform, describing the high-level application and security controls.
- Implemented scripts to automate Azure DevOps tasks.
- Developed scripts and Azure ARM templates to deploy Azure infrastructure.
Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2021Verb Tech
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Angular
- Developed and released the Angular front end for a live streaming eCommerce app available at https://live.verb.tech.
- Managed releases in coordination with product teams using Github, Jira, and AWS.
- Implemented automated unit and end-to-end tests using Jest, Cypress, and Playwright.
- Introduced process improvements such as CI pipelines, feature toggling using LaunchDarkly, and logging using Sentry.
Full-stack Developer | Architect | DevOps Engineer (IT Contracts)2016 - 2020Self-employed
Technologies: RxJS, Full-stack, Docker, GraphQL, Node.js, SharePoint, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Azure, .NET Core, React, Angular
- Migrated one of the largest SharePoint 2010 implementations in New Zealand to SharePoint 2016.
- Managed the Azure infrastructure of the Ministry of Education as a DevOps engineer. Created pipelines in Azure DevOps and implemented Azure ARM templates for projects to consume.
- Migrated an internal staff application from .NET WebForms to Angular, including NgRx and RxJS and .NET Core at a large New Zealand bank, providing massive efficiency improvements to staff.
- Implemented a part of the public-facing website of Microsoft using Angular, Node.js, and Squidex hosted on Azure Docker Containers.
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines to fully automate the deployment of code and infrastructure to Azure using Azure DevOps.
Co-founder | Lead Developer2015 - 2018You Just Go
Technologies: RxJS, Full-stack, Neo4j, SQL, MongoDB, Azure, .NET Core, Angular
- Founded a company with two other people—managing funds, recruiting new people, presenting to investors, and mentoring junior developers.
- Implemented a travel website built in Angular and .NET Core from the ground up along with architecting the solution with the CTO.
- Implemented a fully automated CI/CD pipeline, including IAC (infrastructure as code), build-and-release pipelines, and automated tests (E2E, integration, and unit). We were able to release multiple times per day to production.
- Received US$120,000 funding from Microsoft's Bizspark program.
- Released a beta launch of the website and mobile app which resulted in an investment by multiple private investors from Wellington.
IT Consultant2015 - 2016Provoke Solutions
Technologies: Office Add-ins, Azure, Office 365, Angular, C#, .NET, SharePoint
- Helped migrate the New Zealand Post from Google to Office 365, providing consultancy, designs, and implementation support.
- Mentored junior developers, conducted code reviews, and gave presentations.
- Organized the Wellington SharePoint User Group, arranging speakers, room, and so on; presented also a couple of times about SharePoint, Azure, and Office 365.
- Provided feedback to Microsoft directly about beta products they had released.
Senior SharePoint Consultant2014 - 2015Datacom
Technologies: C#, .NET, Office 365, SharePoint
- Designed and architected SharePoint applications for one of the largest IT projects in New Zealand.
- Mentored developers and testers in various IT projects.
- Implemented SharePoint solutions in large government organizations.
Lead SharePoint Consultant2007 - 2013ilionx
- Implemented the public-facing website of the Dutch transport agency (RDW), modernizing the content presentation and management.
- Was involved in projects from start to finish, i.e., from pre-sales through development until support.
- Developed a self-service portal in SharePoint, massively increasing efficiency for the support desk.
- Implemented a software solution for a certification company in C# and WWF to manage their certification process, replacing their paper-based approach.
Developer2005 - 2007HTCS
Technologies: Visual FoxPro, C#.NET
- Completed my master thesis, providing a generic design for a transport management solution.
- Implemented customized warehouse and transport management solutions in Visual FoxPro.
- Developed a customer service portal in ASP.NET C#, providing an alternative way for customers to contact the service desk.