Verified Expert in Engineering
Roman is a senior software engineer with 8+ years of experience. His earlier career progressed through developing in C/C++ (embedded), creating web services in Java, and building services for collecting and storing geospatial data worldwide. Then he joined Agoda to lead a group of engineers developing services for processing and storing hotel prices that handled one million operations per second. Roman is currently working for Motional, developing mapping software for self-driving cars.
Linux, MacOS, IntelliJ IDEA, Vim Text Editor
The most amazing...
...system I've designed and implemented handled one million requests per second.
Senior Software Engineer
Motional (Formerly NuTonomy)
- Applied convolutional neural networks and classic image processing techniques, using OpenCV for extracting semantic annotations from 2D map images.
- Profiled and optimized an existing web service to double its serving capacity.
- Automated various manual operations, which reduced human mistakes and sped up operation cycles.
- Mentored a team of ten people to rapidly improve their hard skills.
Software Engineer | Team Lead
- Designed and developed a system that handled one million requests per second.
- Reduced the load on the internal monitoring system by three orders of magnitude by catching and fixing bottlenecks in the client libraries.
- Reduced the number of missed on-call phone calls by creating an on-call Slackbot.
- Created an automated pipeline for importing geodata from OpenStreetMap.
- Developed a geosearch API for querying the imported geodata.
- Created and maintained continuous integration pipelines.
Junior Software Engineer
Center of Financial Technologies
- Created a Java library for performing contactless payments using Android host-based card emulation (certified by Visa).
- Developed embedded software for point-of-sale terminals.
- Implemented a testing framework that automates manual operations.
Remote-controlled, Self-driving Carhttps://github.com/nyukhalov/scout
Advanced Lane Findinghttps://github.com/nyukhalov/CarND-Advanced-Lane-Lines
Traffic Sign Recognition Programhttps://github.com/nyukhalov/CarND-Traffic-Sign-Classifier-Project
Java 6, Python, Java 8, Python 3, Java, C, C++98, Python 2, Scala, C++11, C++17, C#, C++
REST APIs, OpenCV, Matplotlib, TensorFlow
Programming, Operating Systems, Algorithms, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Optimization, Apache Cassandra, Robotics, APIs, Geodatabases, OpenStreetMap, Web Services, Team Mentoring, Deep Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Machine Learning
IntelliJ IDEA, Vim Text Editor, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker Compose, CMake
Linux, MacOS, Docker, Kubernetes, iOS
Databases, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Couchbase, Microsoft SQL Server
Continuous Integration (CI), Automation
Bachelor's Degree in Informatics and Applied Mathematics
Novosibirsk State Technical University - Novosibirsk, Russia