Senior Engineering Lead2022 - 2022Nuchange Informatics
- Implemented SonarQube/SonarLint quality gates for clean and safe code and fixed many potential bugs and vulnerabilities. Shared best practices with the team with extensive documentation and analyzed the projects.
- Developed Postgres scripts to fast-track testing of different clinical configurations.
- Refactored codebase bug fixes, improving performance. Executed load testing using Apache JMeter and JSON files with random values and CSV files.
- Created user stories and Kanban cards for smooth project execution.
Senior Software Developer2021 - 2021Pearl Global Solutions, Cochin, India
Technologies: pgAdmin, DBeaver, RDBMS, Query Optimization, PostgreSQL
- Performed query optimization of the data model to predict likely destinations, trajectories, stop locations, speeding, and braking events at different times and days of the week for individual drivers.
- Optimized PostgreSQL database functions and indices to load data into a dashboard, won customer confidence by running essential SQL procedures under 20 seconds.
- Increased client satisfaction in safekeeping the driver and re-routing the fleet to avoid traffic. Achieved fuel efficiency, optimized resources, and planned maintenance based on usage patterns, thereby adding value to the business while making profits.
Senior Database Developer2021 - 2021Al Nab'a Holding LLC, Muscat
Technologies: SQL, SSRS Reports, Database Backups, Database Design, Relational Databases, Database Performance, SQL Architecture, Microsoft Report Builder, SQL Views, Data & Backup Management, DB, SQL Server 2019, ANSI SQL, Finance Reports, Reporting, Data Handling, SQL Server Agent, SQL Server DBA, Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), T-SQL, Reports, Architecture, Database Architecture, Database Migration, Database Optimization, Git, Log Shipping, RDBMS, Data Architecture, Query Optimization
- Archived close to 25 million business-critical database records. Wrote procedures, views, and SQL jobs for a seamless archiving process and ensured the availability of archived records for reporting.
- Optimized over 50 SQL procedures via code modifications and performance indexing, which reduced the execution time of critical SQL jobs, such as payroll processing and the month-end account close, up to 90%.
- Built SSRS reports, including drill-through reports and sub-reports, and added required SQL procedures and views for crucial business data.
- Strategized and configured backup, restore automation, and transaction log shipping for faster reports and load optimization.
Senior Software Developer2015 - 2020Greenergy Fuels Pvt Ltd, Cochin, India
Technologies: Indexing, Stored Procedure, Relational Databases, ETL Development, Data Migration, Databases, Remote Work, Data, Windows Services, SQL Server 2014, Database Modeling, Analytical Thinking, Writing & Editing, .NET Core, Microsoft SQL Server, Master Data, Product Support, Team Mentoring, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL, C#, IIS, Level 3 Support, Requirements & Specifications, Oil & Gas, Altova XML, Debugging, Visual Studio, .NET, TFS, Visual Studio .NET, SSRS, SQL Stored Procedures, SoapUI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), XML, SQL, Windows, Microsoft Access, Excel VBA, T-SQL, C#.NET, WCF Web Services, Data Modeling, Database Design, SSRS Reports, Database Performance, SQL Architecture, SOAP, SQL Views, DB, SQL Server 2015, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), ANSI SQL, Finance Reports, Reporting, CSV File Processing, Excel Expert, CSV, Data Handling, Finance, SQL Server Agent, SQL Server DBA, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, Reports, Architecture, Database Optimization, Database Migration, RDBMS, Excel Macros, Data Architecture, Query Optimization, Microsoft Excel, WinForms, C#.NET WinForms, HTTP REST, IIS SQL Server, VB.NET WinForms, HTML, OOP Designs
- Designed and developed core business services, using C#, WCF, XML, and T-SQL for a high level of asynchronous communication with a logistics system, supporting the enterprise data warehouse system and downstream applications.
- Provided production support for existing applications. Owned the support process, documentation, and implementation, creating a knowledge base and training.
- Debugged and optimized legacy SQL-stored procedures and Microsoft Access front-end applications as part of support and maintenance, significantly reducing the support workload.
- Built a SQL-based alert application with a single-page UI, using C# for internal IT teams, reducing alert support requests.
- Developed Excel macros and VBA to email daily job schedules to drivers and site leaders, automating the daily communication processes.
- Managed five developers in their support and development activities, prioritizing tasks and ensuring deliverables with an excellent entrepreneurial mindset. Won team members’ respect by organizing and motivating the team.
Lead Program Integrator2005 - 2012GE Healthcare, Bangalore
Technologies: Data, Windows Services, Regulatory Compliance, Regulatory Reporting, Work Breakdown Structure, Medical Imaging, Medical Devices, ClearCase, Analytical Thinking, Writing & Editing, Product Support, Team Mentoring, C#, Testing, Microsoft Project, Level 3 Support, Requirements & Specifications, Visual SourceSafe, Healthcare, C++, Debugging, Visual Studio, .NET, XML, Windows, Project Leadership, Design Verification Testing, Microsoft Visual C++, Documentation, Excel Expert, CSV, Manufacturing, Medical Software, CSV File Processing, Technical Writing, Microsoft Excel, WinForms, OOP Designs
- Led the engineering team to design a global ultrasound product, providing holistic leadership in product engineering across software, mechanical, electrical, and electronics disciplines.
- Developed maintenance software releases that met FDA requirements and allowed the radiology engineering team to address customer complaints and product safety, avoiding product recalls.
- Served as a global project leader to manage and deliver cardiology software maintenance programs. Drove cross-functional execution to meet milestones and program targets.
- Implemented hardware obsolescence projects without a production gap for a critical customer go-live by developing integrated program plans that delivered business commitments.
- Managed a global healthcare product, keeping knowledge and information flowing seamlessly, and directed team members to the finish line, keeping the global launch dates ahead of schedule.
Senior Systems Analyst2004 - 2005Sonata Software Ltd, Bangalore
Technologies: Relational Databases, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Microsoft Visual C++, Linux, Excel Expert, CSV, CSV File Processing, RDBMS, OOP Designs
- Conducted testing for performance and functional quality assurance of Centura Team Developer, an IDE tool to develop applications and connect with ODBC.
- Analyzed the requirement specifications, executed manual and automated testing, and prepared test plans.
- Executed functional, compatibility, and regression tests by writing applications in Centura and Microsoft Visual C++.
Software Engineer2000 - 2004AEB Software Systems, Cochin, India
Technologies: Relational Databases, Analytical Thinking, Windows CE, C++, Debugging, Visual Studio, Windows, Microsoft Visual C++, 2D Graphics, Algorithms, MySQL, Java, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Data Modeling, Database Design, RDBMS, HTML, ASP, OOP Designs
- Designed the user interface, developed benchmark graphical algorithms, and coded graphics modules for Profi-graphics—a customized 2D graphical laying software tool for a DIY paneling solution, using Java, Visual C++, and MFC.
- Developed and designed a module to add the euro column in a legacy invoicing application running on Windows CE, programmed in C.
- Built GUI modules and shared libraries using Centura Team Developer for Elan, an ERP solution.