- Product Developer and Consultant for Home AutomationIntvelt IT2011 - PRESENT
Technologies: Objective-C, C#, Xamarin, PHP, Drupal
- Designed and developed HomeWave, a mobile iOS application for Smart Homes, offering a fully customizable user interface, connecting to the Vera Home Automation hub.
- Refactored and redesigned the HomeWave app for multi-platform deployment using Xamarin, initially targeting iOS and Android, with Windows Mobile as a future option.
- Provided advice to a USA-based Smart Home startup, on development of the strategic technical components of their home automation offering, covering both hardware and software.
- Closed deals with several resellers for exclusive licenses for HomeWave in the resellers' respective countries.
- Evaluated the Home Automation hardware, especially the community/DIY offerings such as MySensors, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi.
- Architect and Technology ConsultantShell International2011 - 2015
Technologies: WAMP, Objective-C, Moodle, Drupal, Kaltura, MySQL, SQL Server
- As the technical lead of the Learning Innovation Team, designed pilots or proofs of concept, evaluated the results for business value, and assessed the technological fit in the enterprise architecture.
- Created the architecture and design of an enterprise-wide video distribution service based on Kaltura. Managed a 3rd party supplier to produce a Drupal-based front-end for this service, and participated in the coding effort using PHP to integrate the service with existing company services such as the federated single sign-on solution.
- Implemented an extension for MediaWIki using PHP and MySQL to link the corporate wiki to GetSatisfaction, a community-based support service.
- Created a service to request automatic or manual transcription of video content from an external transcription service, using PHP and MySQL.
- Modified the Kaltura reference mobile app on iOS to work inside the corporate WiFi network, performed authentication against the company video hosting service, and automatically played videos when presented with a QR code. Coached a summer intern for the duration of this project.
- Business AnalystShell International2009 - 2013
Technologies: PHP, MySQL (WAMP), SQL Server, SAML (ADFS), MS Access, Business Objects, Yammer
- Participated as a business analyst in steering groups for various Knowledge Management services.
- Managed regulatory aspects, such as export compliance, information security and data privacy, for the corporate Wiki, discussion forums, and microblogging services.
- Developed a unified reporting tool for the corporate KM services using MS Access, SQL Server and Business Objects.
- Designed and implemented a federated single sign-on (SSO) solution based on SAML, using MS ADFS as an identity provider, developing SSO extensions for MediaWiki and Moodle, and worked with external vendors to connect their services to the IdP.
- Developed an account reconciliation tool for Yammer users in PHP and MS Excel/VBA.
- Architect / Project LeadShell Exploration and Production2005 - 2008
Technologies: WAMP, Tcl, PHP, MediaWiki, SQL Server, MS Access / Excel
- Was end-to-end responsible for the implementation of the corporate Wiki using MediaWiki: design, infrastructure, installation, testing, and rollout.
- Trained and coached the support staff to maintain the corporate WIki, and managed the transition to support.
- Developed several extensions for MediaWiki using PHP. Functionality included: SSO, mind mapping, defining, and printing page collections.
- Developed an interface to feed Wiki content into the corporate search engine index using PHP.
- Implemented the SSO and content indexing on the corporate forum (Sitescape), using Tcl and a SQL server.
- Designer / Project ManagerShell Exploration and Production2002 - 2005
Technologies: C / C++, Oracle, MS Excel / VBA
- Designed a data security layer on bespoke subsurface modeling software, which was being migrated from separate installations in multiple countries to a single central instance, which required separation of data in each country.
- Managed a 3-man team tasked with the effort to perform the migration to the centralized instance.
- Developed an end-user reporting tool for subsurface modeling software in MS Excel / VBA.
- Submitted a high level architecture and business proposal to bring several related tools under the company's technical software framework, based on .NET.
- Designer / Lead DeveloperMorgan Stanley2001 - 2002
Technologies: Perl, Sybase
- Designed a stock market ticketing system, collecting transaction data from 5 trading systems, storing it, and producing a regulatory daily printout for archival. The system is based on Perl and Sybase.
- Led a 4-man development team, providing extensive coaching to junior developers.
- Developed scheduling and printing modules for the ticketing system using Perl and Sybase.
- Delivered documentation and training to transition the software to the support team.
- Designer / Project ManagerTelfort1998 - 2000
Technologies: C++, Oracle, MS Excel
- Designed and implemented software to provide Number Portability for Telfort's business subscribers, using C++ and Oracle. Due to regulations, the software was produced under extremely short deadlines (5 weeks).
- Managed a 3-man team working on several small business improvement projects.
- Implemented a complex order entry form ("number plan") for field salesmen, using MS Excel.
- Designer / DeveloperNATO NC3A1995 - 1998
Technologies: C++, OpenGL, Oracle
- Designed and implemented a prototype missile defense coordination system, using C++ and OpenGL for visualizations.
- Performed bug fixing on EADSim, a military air defense simulator written in C.
- Performed bug fixing on a military intelligence database written in MS Access.
- Developed an interface in C++ between EADSIM and the prototype missile defense system, for training purposes.