Mobility Modeling Engineer2016 - PRESENTMIT Media Lab
Technologies: Python, Flask, Scikit-learn, Classification, Discrete Choice Analysis, Random Forest, Bayesian Networks
- Developed AI for agents in urban simulations using a cascade of Bayesian Network and Random Forest models calibrated with survey data.
- Built a Bayesian network model in Python for generating traffic predictions in the country of Andorra; it was based on a combination of cell phone records and traffic counter data.
- Created also the front-end visualization for the traffic project using Web Sockets and Mapbox GL.
- Developed a Poisson process model in R to explain the formation of dense clusters of social activity in cities based on the physical urban features.
- Deployed a Python Flask API which uses a pre-calibrated discrete choice logit model to predict mobility patterns in response to an input describing changes to land use.
- Used the spatiotemporal data from app usage to develop a discrete choice model in Python to describe how people choose which amenities to visit.
- Implemented neural networks in Python Keras to model proxy metrics for urban vibrancy based on Google Street View images.
Doctoral Researcher | Teaching Assistant2013 - 2016Trinity College Dublin
Technologies: MATLAB, Python, R, Arduino
- Developed a mathematical framework for quantifying the benefits and risks of walking and cycling for transport in urban environments.
- Designed and built a mobile pollution sensing node on the Arduino platform and used it to characterize the exposures of pedestrians and cyclists to various pollutants in Dublin.
- Constructed a game theoretical model in MATLAB describing how people change their transportation behaviors in response to changes in the cycling infrastructure.
- Created a genetic algorithm in MATLAB to find the optimal design of a cycle network, considering the expected behavioral responses and the resulting health and environmental impacts.
Analyst2010 - 2011Accenture
Technologies: Axure, Selenium
- Created functional designs and tested web applications for clients in the financial sector.
- Worked closely with client resources to determine and document their requirements in areas such as data capture, system functionality, pricing, risk acceptance criteria, automatic document generation, and more.
- Developed product prototypes using Axure and led teams of about ten developers in building fully functional web applications based on these prototypes.
- Thoroughly tested the product during development, mainly using automatic testing scripts.