Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2019Nuna Health
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Airflow, Looker, AWS, Spark, Scala, Java, Django, Python
- Worked on different components of the ETL data processing pipeline and Spark cluster configuration.
- Helped build data-quality tools to analyze the quality of the processed data.
- Designed and built a data quality visualization dashboard.
- Scaled the data platform to be able to process hundreds of terabytes of data.
- Helped build an API to match patients to primary care providers using Python and Django.
- Designed and built a web page and a notification system around SLAs for client data.
- Worked with data scientists to scale the data modeling algorithms.
Software Developer2015 - 2016Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE Helion Cloud)
Technologies: Ansible, OpenStack, Python
- Contributed to the open source cloud framework project OpenStack, specifically to the authentication and authorization service.
- Became involved in the open source community by doing code reviews for the other members in the community and participating in planning meetings.
- Implemented a web single sign-on authentication for HPE Helion Cloud.
- Improved the OpenStack client command line interface (CLI).
- Improved the authentication mechanism using LDAP driver integration.
- Contributed to the open source Python library, ldap3, with code that enabled unit test mocking capability.
Software Developer | Team Lead2011 - 2015Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HP Database and Middleware Automation)
Technologies: Java, Python
- Established workflows which automated database and middleware administration tasks.
- Implemented internationalization and localization of the code.
- Acted as a system architect and team lead and mentored interns and more junior engineers.
- Improved code quality by standardizing the code review process.
- Led projects involving integrations with other HPE software products.
Malware Researcher2010 - 2011Bitdefender
Technologies: Reverse Engineering, Assembly, Python, C
- Analyzed the behavior of new malware through reverse engineering.
- Added detection for the new viruses into the antivirus product.
- Developed anti-malware heuristic techniques.
- Created an algorithm to detect illegal key generators through dynamic behavior analysis and image processing.
- Developed an algorithm to avoid false positive alerts.