Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTThomas Cook, Ltd.
Technologies: Node JS, Backbone, Angular, MongoDB, HTML5, CSS3
- Migrated a desktop web application to a full responsive platform compatible with all modern devices, increasing web traffic.
- Further developed and centralized the site to become compatible across multiple regions and languages.
- Created dynamic SEO landing pages from scratch.
- Created a REST API to collect data from partner companies.
- Created a mapper to standardize incoming data, ensuring data integrity and easing data management.
Software Engineer2012 - 2013Meganexus, Ltd.
Technologies: Java, Spring MVC, Spring Roo, Spring AOP, Hibernate, MySQL, Maven
- Used Lucene to create a full-text search library that increased the search functionality of our application by 40%.
- Created a new, token authentication-based security mechanism to manage user authorization and permissions.
- Designed and implemented web services for use across different types of devices.
- Created reusable front-end templates for use across a website.
- Designed and implemented the data model being used in a security-critical website.
Web Developer and Technical Lead2007 - 2011Software AG
Technologies: Java, Spring, Hibernate, Ibatis, HTML, CSS, Vignette, Liferay, Portlets, Maven
- Created the website for Madrid City Tours, built from scratch using Liferay Content Management.
- Migrated the website of our client ALSA to a new platform built with Vignette. The increased functionality and user friendliness increased online sales by 15%.
- Created checkout process that integrates several payment methods such as PayPal and Visa.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the quality of coding across the team.
- Managed a team with 6+ people.
Web Developer2006 - 2007Izertis
- Created a platform for tracking and managing registrations to courses for a nationwide training and development company.
- Managed configuration of application servers.
- Implemented business tests for integration of services and processes prior to the system going live.
- Developed an HR system for requesting and tracking employees' annual leave and sickness.
- Used Acegi to ensure data integrity and security of the above system.
Web Developer2006 - 2006Seresco
Technologies: Java, Struts, JDBC, Oracle, HTML, CSS
- Developed and maintained web applications within, for example, accounts, payroll and purchasing.
- Deployment of web applications in several environments.
- Created junit test for the different functionality of the website.