DevOps Unit Head2020 - PRESENTEPAM Systems
Technologies: People Management, Interviewing, Team Mentoring, Teaching
- Guided an engineer from my team to pass an assessment and become a senior systems engineer.
- Interviewed more than 20 junior to mid-level candidates for systems engineering positions.
- Participated in organizing two semesters in a cloud and DevOps school in Armenia as a lecturer and interviewer.
Operational Awareness Team Leader2019 - PRESENTEPAM Systems
Technologies: AWS, Ansible, Terraform, New Relic, Datadog, Python, Linux, Monitoring, Splunk, Jenkins, Packer
- Proposed an architecture to migrate the monitoring of the systems from Datadog to New Relic for Epic Games, Inc.
- Developed automation for deployment and configuration of the New Relic Infrastructure and APM agents on Linux and Windows hosts using Ansible.
- Developed automation for deploying monitoring items such as alert policies, dashboards, and synthetic monitors to New Relic using Terraform.
- Developed pipelines for automation of the deployment of various helper tools and scripts to AWS using Jenkins, Packer, Ansible, and Terraform.
- Developed Python scripts for collecting metrics from systems such as Perforce, Okta, and AD.
Senior Systems Engineer2020 - 2021Intech Armenia
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS ECS, Terraform, AWS ElastiCache, Architecture, AWS Route 53, AWS ALB, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Bitbucket
- Proposed architecture for automated deployments of microservice-based applications to AWS ECS.
- Developed an IaC solution using Terraform for the deployment of the infrastructure and the application.
- Developed CI/CD pipelines to do zero-downtime deployments of the services to AWS ECS using Bitbucket Pipelines.
Systems Engineer2018 - 2019SceOn Developments
Technologies: Kubernetes, Proxmox, Ansible, Elasticsearch
- Developed automation for the management of VMs in a Proxmox cluster using Ansible.
- Developed automation for the deployment of highly available Kubernetes clusters to on-premises datacenters.
- Automated the deployment of systems such as Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Redis, and MySQL databases using Ansible.
Senior Monitoring Engineer/Developer2018 - 2019EPAM Systems
Technologies: Python, Ansible, Zabbix, Grafana, Elasticsearch
- Developed automation for the deployment of monitoring items to Zabbix using Ansible.
- Contributed to Ansible by authoring three modules; zabbix_action, zabbix_mediatype, and zabbix_valuemap.
- Developed integration between Zabbix and AWS for registering and deregistering autoscaled hosts in Zabbix using Python and prepared a PoC for deploying it in AWS Lambda.
Systems Engineer2017 - 2018EPAM Systems
Technologies: Apache2, Python, AWS, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, ELK (Elastic Stack)
- Participated in the development of infrastructure automation using AWS CloudFormation and Ansible for Schneider Electric SE.
- Configured collection, parsing, and visualization of logs from various systems using the ELK stack.
- Assisted in troubleshooting and enhancing a complex, Apache-based reverse proxy solution.
- Developed helper tools and scripts using Python.