Principal Cloud Architect2020 - 2021Freelance Work
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Network Architecture, API Architecture, Web Architecture, Cloud, AWS
- Worked across the business, engaged with engineering, architecture, security, and management teams to design a future-state architecture for the use of AWS, with a specific focus on internal customer experience.
- Developed state-of-the-art patterns for networking, SaaS integration, and application architectures.
- Introduced and supported security teams to AWS native tooling that improves visibility of security compliance in the cloud.
Cyber Security Consultant2019 - 2021Bank of New Zealand
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jira, AWS CloudFormation, AWS, Python
- Developed a vulnerability management approach for the use of AWS.
- Completed risk assessments and worked with a team to deliver projects onto AWS securely.
- Assessed architecture submissions to design the governance committee for security designs.
DevOps Consultant2017 - 2021Evnex
- Migrated an entire AWS environment to multi-account design with separate development, test, and production accounts.
- Built and supported back-end applications. Rebuilt deployment to utilize a functional and extendable CI/CD design.
- Assisted newcomers to build and understand systems so that they could take the company further.
Team Lead — Security Engineering2017 - 2019Xero
- Developed access management software with workflow automation and privileged access control for AWS on AWS.
- Led the security engineering teams, consulting heavily with architecture teams to develop best practices and up-skill others to understand and lead themselves.
- Rebuilt four critical pipelines for deploying critical infrastructure from Jenkins onto CodePipeline in a month.
- Assessed the information quickly and pinpointed the issue of a lengthy outage in order to have global service resolved.