PHP Developer in Atlanta, GA, United States
Director of Technology2015 - 2016The Friends School of Atlanta
- Created a STEM lab that included 3D printing, robotics programming, and STEM challenges.
- Created a Scratch Computer Programming club.
- Redesigned the school network infrastructure including WiFi access points, switches, and firewall.
- Rebuilt the school website using WordPress, including SSO and classroom blogs.
- Configured the Google Apps for Education as a replacement for the Windows Active Directory and File Sharing.
Senior Developer2014 - 2015University of Missouri
Technologies: WordPress, Expression Engine, PHP
- Migrated a large website (1 million+ post IDs) from an Expression Engine to WordPress.
- Developed a custom WordPress plugin to create curated content via a MailChimp API.
- Refactored a custom WordPress theme to support responsive design.
- Created an automated deployment process using Capistrano and Git.
Lead Developer2013 - 2014Cheri Media Group
- Created custom WordPress plugins to create a specialized music news website information architecture.
- Developed a custom WordPress theme framework and child themes for popular music news websites.
- Designed a high performance hosting infrastructure that routinely served 2 million+ page views per day.
- Built a custom analytics plugin that tracked engagement and provided rich data about user behavior.
- Developed a custom display advertising plugin that integrated with Google's DoubleClick for a Publishers API.
Freelance Web Developer2007 - 2013Q21.CO
- Developed multiple client websites using WordPress and Drupal.
- Created custom WordPress plugins and themes for clients.
- Donation "Sliders" Plugin for Direct Relief (Development)https://www.directrelief.org/give/
Direct Relief hired me to create a custom WordPress plugin aimed at increasing transparency and to increase donations. Once live, they saw an increase in donations over previous years and received tremendous feedback from users.
The project was even featured in the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/05/your-money/a-charity-offers-donors-more-control-over-where-their-funds-go.html?_r=0
- Undark.org Home Page Redux (Development)http://undark.org
Undark magazine hired me to recode their home page, incorporating new responsive UI components and a more simplified querying structure for a curated content section.
Libraries/APIsBackbone.js, Google Apps, Stripe, Braintree API
ToolsMailChimp, Git, Grunt, Vagrant, Google Analytics, Gulp.js, Varnish, Braintree SDK, Behat, Grunt.js
PlatformsWordPress, WooCommerce, Rackspace, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Raspbian
OtherWordPress Plugins, Growth Hacking, PayPal, Load Balancers, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), BrainTree, TCP/IP, Ethical Hacking, IEEE 802.11
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD)
StorageMySQL, Memcached, MongoDB, AWS S3
FrameworksBootstrap, AngularJS, Bootstrap 4, Bootstrap 3+
- Incomplete Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts2003 - 2004Webster University - Webster Groves, Missouri (USA)