Director of Technology2015 - 2016The Friends School of Atlanta
- Created a STEM lab that included 3D printing, robotics programming, and STEM challenges.
- Created a Scratch Computer Programming club.
- Redesigned the school network infrastructure including WiFi access points, switches, and firewall.
- Rebuilt the school website using WordPress, including SSO and classroom blogs.
- Configured the Google Apps for Education as a replacement for the Windows Active Directory and File Sharing.
Senior Developer2014 - 2015University of Missouri
Technologies: PHP, ExpressionEngine, WordPress
- Migrated a large website (1 million+ post IDs) from an Expression Engine to WordPress.
- Developed a custom WordPress plugin to create curated content via a MailChimp API.
- Refactored a custom WordPress theme to support responsive design.
- Created an automated deployment process using Capistrano and Git.
Lead Developer2013 - 2014Cheri Media Group
- Created custom WordPress plugins to create a specialized music news website information architecture.
- Developed a custom WordPress theme framework and child themes for popular music news websites.
- Designed a high performance hosting infrastructure that routinely served 2 million+ page views per day.
- Built a custom analytics plugin that tracked engagement and provided rich data about user behavior.
- Developed a custom display advertising plugin that integrated with Google's DoubleClick for a Publishers API.
Freelance Web Developer2007 - 2013Q21.CO
- Developed multiple client websites using WordPress and Drupal.
- Created custom WordPress plugins and themes for clients.