SQL Developer in Westport, CT, United States
Programmer2012 - 2014Melanoscan
Technologies: C++, Qt, USB library, PTP
- Wrote a program to gather data from multiple cameras and combine it into a detailed model of the person's skin as part of a system for remote/automatic diagnosis of skin cancer.
- Created a C++ program to simultaneously control multiple Canon cameras in real-time, using Picture Transfer Protocol over USB.
- Rewrote program to use Nokia camera phones controlled over USB using the Nokia API.
- Built tools to parse C++ data to and from forms comprehensible to the WIN32 API, as necessary to communicate with other programs.
Webmaster2010 - 2014Green Mountain Tag & Label
- Maintained and enhanced PHP codebase.
- Improved database design and security, fixing several holes.
Programmer2009 - 2010Flaum Technologies
- Contributed to the CommissionCalc software, a tool to automatically calculate commissions.
- Created a module to automatically manage parameter tables; the presence of this tool was a major difference between the Standard and Enterprise versions of CommissionCalc.
- Gathered data from Excel with the Microsoft Excel API.
- CommissionCalc (Development)
A tool to help calculate salesman commissions; the inclusion of my module was the primary distinction between the standard and premium versions of the product.
- Jog Record Management (Development)
A single-page Angular app to help people track their jogging records. Features three types of user with different privileges, statistical analysis of jogging records, and search functionality.
- Melanoscan (Development)
A project written in C++ to automatically control a network of 25 cameras and analyze their pictures to help diagnose skin cancer.
- Archive of Our Clone (Development)http://archiveclone.herokuapp.com/tech
Rather than using third-party tools for certain common tasks, I wrote my own as an exercise. This includes commenting and much of the search engine.
ToolsAtom, Git, Eclipse IDE
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Qt, Angular
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Physics2005 - 2009Goucher College - Maryland