Freelance DevOps Engineer2015 - PRESENTToptal Clients
- Provided DevOps engineering services to Toptal clients.
Principal Engineer2015 - PRESENTGraphenic
Technologies: Linux, Amazon Web Services, Ruby, Sinatra, Elasticsearch, Apache, Nginx, Google Ruby SDK
- Designed and wrote full-stack applications using a range of technologies and languages.
- Designed and built AWS infrastructure for clients.
- Designed and wrote infrastructure with Terraform.
DevOps Engineer2019 - 2020Toptal Client
Technologies: AWS, CDK, Stepfunctions, Lambda, Python 3, React, WebSockets, AWS Developer Tools, Flask
- Built a CDK deployment CI/CD pipeline and cloud-based distributed application using Stepfunctions, Lambda, React, and Flask.
DevOps Engineer2019 - 2019Greenchef
Technologies: AWS, Lambda, ECS, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, Terraform, Python 3
- Integrated a CI/CD pipeline into Terraformed ECS using AWS developer tools including CodeBuild, CodePipeline, and CodeDeploy.
- Designed and developed a Terraform wrapper to manage Terraform deployments with AWS Lambda and Python 3.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2019Toptal Client
Technologies: Python 3, SAML2, AWS, Lambda, CloudTrail
- Developed an AWS cloud infrastructure management tool in Python 3.
- Designed and developed an authentication and authorization gateway application integrated with SAML2 services using Python 3.
DevOps Engineer2018 - 2018Greenchef
Technologies: AWS ECS, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins
- Designed and deployed fault tolerant and performant infrastructure.
- Designed and wrote best-practice Terraform deployment of an entire AWS infrastructure.
- Wrote a full suite of reusable Terraform modules.
- Built a best-practice Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
DevOps Engineer2016 - 2017Thumbtack
Technologies: AWS, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Puppet, Terraform, Kibana, Google Cloud
- Migrated an entire codebase Puppet 3.7 (Jessie) code to Puppet 4.8 (stretch) while maintaining 3.7 master agent compatibility and 3.7 to 4.8 compatibility.
- Wrote an API wrapper for status.io to proxy dumb webhooks with basic auth to status.io auth and manage mapping incident IDs to webhook known names. (Python 3, Lambda, API gateway, Boto 3).
- Performed in-depth benchmark analysis of differing Elasticsearch 5 cluster configurations in AWS using ES Rally and Kibana. Tested different disk configurations (RAID/ZFS/instance store) cluster sizes and instance types and sizes.
- Designed and wrote Puppet modules.
- Designed and wrote Terraform deployments.
- Converted CloudFormation to Terraform deployments.
- Designed and wrote Google Compute Deployment Manager manifests and templates (Python 3).
- Designed and wrote distributed authentication and authorization architecture (ENC) using AWS, Puppet, and Confidant (Python 3, Ruby, AWS SDK).
- Designed and wrote a Confidant bootstrapping script to perform all user actions against an API required to load and configure data from KMS encrypted YAML. (Python 3).
- Designed and wrote an AWS/Puppet decomissioning script leveraging puppet PKI for auth. (Python 2/Boto).
- Designed and wrote a decoupled OAuth 2 Nginx layer from RFC (Lua/Nginx) used as an authentication mechanism for Thumbtack services.
DevOps Engineer2014 - 2015Base2Services
Technologies: Linux, Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, Solr, Elasticsearch, Capistrano, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat
- Designed, implemented, and supported the Amazon Web Service infrastructure for a broad range of clients.
- Supported the full application stack for a diverse client base including the analysis and improvement of open source services and AWS.
- Worked end-to-end on a systems automation project including the design, implementation, and support of an entire infrastructure's automation code.
- Provided incident responses, analyses, post-incident reviews, and actionable improvements.
- Played a critical role in the performance analysis and improvement of applications, systems, and infrastructures for a broad range of clients.
Site Performance and Availability Engineer2014 - 2014REA Group
Technologies: Linux, Amazon Web Services, VMware, NetScaler, NetApp, Solr, Apache, Nginx, Nagios
- Administered and maintained the global AWS infrastructure and the global DC infrastructure.
- Rewrote and improved the global distributed Nagios monitoring system.
- Attended the AWS summit 2014 in Sydney.
- Provided on-call support and incident response.
- Supported developers and engineers.
Linux Systems Administrator2012 - 2014Infoxchange
Technologies: Linux, Puppet, HP Blades, HP StorageWorks NAS, Django, Drupal, Custom PHP applications, Apache, Nginx, Unicorn, Redmine
- Maintained and improved the DC infrastructure hosting for various public-facing applications (mainly Django, Drupal, and custom PHP apps).
- Migrated the entire infrastructure as code from Puppet 0.25 and 2.6 to 3.x.
- Designed and built a PaaS using Puppet, Hiera, and Git.
- Supported and mentored developers.
- Provided on-call support and incident response.
Operations Engineer2011 - 2012Computershare
Technologies: OpenVMS, HP Blades, HP Enterprise Storage Library
- Administered to the ASX registry processing using OpenVMS.
- Managed the OpenVMS systems and backups.
- Handled the HP ESL backup operations and the physical ESL appliance itself.
- Performed data recovery on request to other business streams and investigated failures.
- Coordinated data warehousing operations.