Senior Mobile Developer2010 - 2016CauseLabs, Inc.
- Created Bible.is for Android, an Android app for reading and listening to the Bible. This app was part of a larger ecosystem built and maintained by CauseLabs which covered Android, Web, and iOS, and supported millions of users worldwide.
- Developed Moneythink, a social/gamified app developed for a financial education program targeted at high school students.
- Built CEOWorks, an Android app developed for the Center for Employment Opportunities. Handles daily scheduling of employees, recording their attendance status, viewing work history, employee evaluation, and incident reporting.
- Created MobileMi$$ion, a financial education program targeted at returning veterans. Mission-oriented, with a scoring system and real-time chat.
- Developed Balancing Act, a budget simulation app developed by CauseLabs in partnership with Engaged Public. Currently in use by Fort Collins, CO, San Antonio, TX, Littleton, CO, Hartford, CT, and many others. It also includes a simulation of the Federal Budget.
- Built Solo, an internal project at CauseLabs that I began in 2014: an app designed to help outdoor adventurers stay safe when they are away from home by sending an SMS message to a friend when they leave, when they safely arrive, and if they don't arrive on time.
Senior Software Developer2006 - 2010Veralight, Inc.
- Built a customized, stripped-down Linux OS from source to run on an embedded system in a medical device.
- Collaborated with one other developer to design and build a C++ application to run on the device with a touchscreen GUI.
- Wrote code for LED alignment and operation of custom optical and electro-mechanical systems developed in house for the device.
Software Engineer2000 - 2006Sandia National Laboratories
Technologies: XML, C++
- Learned to work with an in-house modeling and simulation framework called Umbra.
- Developed simulations for hardware being built at Sandia.
- Collected and analyzed real-world data from hardware tests and compared it to simulation results to refine the simulation.