Lead Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTKibberia Foods LLC
Technologies: Excel, VBA, MySQL
- Implemented a JIT Inventory Procurement solution in client's native Excel environment (using VBA).
- Implemented an integration in Excel using VBA to automatically print labels for processed purchase orders.
- Implemented several integrations to import purchase order information from various formats supplied by client's resellers using VBA.
- Worked extensively with the management team to scope long-term implementation strategy for unified CMS to automate time-consuming business processes.
- Created inventory management solution to allow the client to dynamically update PLUs and their respective recipes using Excel and VBA forms.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Implemented a comprehensive server-side SQL injection prevention refactor—reducing DAO class lines of code by an average of 30% and vulnerability by 100%.
- Organized and developed an integration with an enterprise label printing service enabling label templating with data from complex entity relationships and custom printer routing based on user location and preference.
- Led a team of remote consulting engineers to overhaul the application's security across dozens of DAO classes.
- Organized and ran weekly educational seminars on advanced programming topics and concepts for an onsite engineering team.
- Collaborated with other senior engineers to design and review fundamental changes to the application's underlying data model and introduce valuable abstractions expediting customer workflows.
Team Lead, Software Engineering2016 - 2016Core Informatics
- Triaged support engineering issue backlog with project stakeholders to prioritize and schedule reported issues into actionable sprints.
- Scaled the support engineering team from 5-8 engineers with targeted training and paired programming initiatives.
- Collaborated with another team leader to redesign the existing engineering workflow to avoid expensive bottlenecks and improve customer satisfaction.
- Worked with the management team to bring visibility to and rapidly correct deficiencies in the company-wide engineering onboarding process and business expectations—improving engineering efficiency and morale.
- Overhauled business issue tracking workflows to better facilitate feature documentation and prevent reoccurring/repeat issues.
Full-Stack Software Engineer2015 - 2015Core Informatics
- Engineered an integration with third-party web REST/SOAP APIs to reduce context switching and increase client efficiency and productivity.
- Worked extensively with the support team and clients to triage and solve complex application bugs and defects across the full application stack.
- Identified and addressed critical security issues within the application and documented best practices to avoid any further potential regressions.
- Reimplemented a legacy client context bounding architecture to improve the security and performance for clients in shared web application environments.
Full-Stack Software Engineer2014 - 2014Inbox Health
- Worked with a team of engineers to develop and deploy a JSON REST API exposing vital domain resources to a front-end web client.
- Implemented several visualizations in the Ember.js front-end application to help clients visualize their billing history.