Lead Web Engineer2020 - 2021Transcarent
Technologies: TypeScript, GraphQL, Next.js, Design Systems, Maps, GitHub Actions, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), React
- Set up the foundational web application framework and libraries such as TypeScript, React, GraphQL, and Next.js and configured the build and deployment pipelines.
- Integrated a third-party identity service, Okta, and related UI flows, including account activation, login, forgot password, and session management using JWT, token validation, and session cookies.
- Implemented various core MVP features such as an AI-powered symptom checker with third-party API integration, state management, and UX.
- Managed three web developers (two seniors and one junior), providing guidance on technological direction, mentorship, and pair programming.
Senior Front-end Engineer2018 - 2020Zillow
- Helped lead a brand refresh, including a complete overhaul of the home page design system and layout.
- Designed and implemented a responsive layout framework to be used across multiple teams and use cases.
- Developed the commute module, a map-based personalization feature to give home shoppers information on commute times to essential points of interest such as workplaces and schools.
- Designed and built the Zillow 404 page as a part of a hackathon that won first prize in its category and was selected to become a production project.
Front-end Engineer2018 - 2018
Technologies: Relay, GraphQL, React
- Contributed to the internal CI/CD platform called Sandcastle. Improved the scheduled job reporting UI to enhance the developer experience. This included displaying confidence intervals and a streamlined error stack display.
- Created a reusable job status display component that was adopted by the Facebook design systems team.
- Built data visualization tooling to report resource usage and capacity metrics that helped managers better plan for spikes in consumption (intern season).
Design Engineer2016 - 2017Uber
- Contributed to Uber Movement, a map-based web application that surfaced aggregated and anonymized trip data to urban planners.
- Owned and maintained Uber Design, a website used to showcase the internal design projects at Uber. This site was used to engage with the community and recruit top talent.
- Built an internal tool named Atlas to help operations teams understand how Uber operated in various regions. It collected and combined a range of data points, including mobility data, cultural norms, and technology infrastructure.
Lead Web Developer2014 - 2016Points.com
- Led the engineering and UX direction of our consumer-facing application, Points loyalty wallet, where users could view their balances, exchange points across programs, and redeem rewards as gift cards to a range of popular retailers.
- Developed a white-label solution to integrate into our partner websites as an embeddable web application.