Electrical Engineer, Automation2015 - PRESENTNasco NHK
Technologies: Industrial Design, PLC, Ladder Logic
- Programmed PLCs and robotics for a variety of industrial control and automation applications.
- Designed electronics with AutoCAD, implemented hardware upgrades to equipment.
- Diagnosed and maintained industrial electrical equipment.
- Chose and ordered necessary parts and created budget reports.
- Worked in teams with electrical maintenance and upper management, including Japanese engineers.
Electrical Engineer, R&D2014 - 2015WKU Science Labs
Technologies: Control Systems, C++, MATLAB, Python, Verilog, VHDL, LabVIEW, CAD
- Worked with physics researchers in designing electronics for experimentation.
- Helped design applications of Atomic Force Microscopes, Piezoelectric material, Chemical Detection, Solar Design, Motor Control, Signal Amplifiers, and Terra-hertz Lasers. Designed PCBs and programmed FPGAs.
- Ordered parts and worked in CAD to design electronics.
- Delivered a product from scratch independently.
- Worked with the client directly to determine project requirements.
- Designed measurement rigs for experimentation of project deliverables. Created scientific computing environments and software for use with the product.
Student Software Developer2014 - 2014Department of Chemistry, WKU
Technologies: DAQ, Solar, Oscilloscopes & Tester Equipment, LabVIEW
- Designed software to control advanced multimeters via LabVIEW computer interface.
- Created applications for graphing voltage, resistance, and currents in real-time.
- Designed a testing platform and product enclosure for a solar array. Created the PCB design for interfacing test equipment with lab equipment.
- Worked with international team collaboratively on research goals.
- Created a user friendly design and instructions made for easy lab access.
Electrical Engineering Student2014 - 2014Applied Physics Institute
Technologies: PCB Design, Machine Learning, LabVIEW, PCB, EAGLE, Atmel, Arduino, C++
- Designed PCBs, C++, and LabVIEW programming for scientific and embedded purposes.
- Implemented machine learning algorithms for advanced mutli-chemical detection.
- Researched and implemented new electrochemical and photovoltaic early detection units for air filtration systems.
- Performed air current testing and designed rigs for experimentation.
- Gave presentations and frequent project reports to supervisor. Worked in multidisciplinary team to create a consumer product worthy good.
Robotics Engineer | Teacher2012 - 2014Center for Gifted Studies
Technologies: Robotics, Teaching, Mathematics, Physics, Electronics
- Taught Mindstorm robotics for many years at the middle school level.
- Designed and implemented advanced programming challenges such as maze solving algorithms and synchronous dynamics.
- Taught basic mechanical and electrical concepts.
DHS-STEM Student Internship2013 - 2013Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Technologies: Social Media Analytics, Fourier Analysis, Data Analytics, Python, Machine Learning
- Ran discrete-time Fourier analysis, digital filtering algorithms, and statistical analyses on large time-series datasets in Python and MATLAB.
- Implemented machine learning spectral algorithms on large NLP datasets.
- Attended weekly progress report meetings and presented research proposals for the future of the project.
- Presented findings to the public both in research paper format and on-stage presentation.
- Delivered project deliverables to DHS on the completion of the project.