Verified Expert in Engineering
Electrical Design Developer
Ryan is an electrical engineering and computer science graduate student, who has worked for several years in R&D for various clients—in topics ranging from math and scientific testing applications, hardware and circuit design, and most recently machine learning, AI, and computer vision applications. He is a talented Python/C++/LabVIEW developer and keeps up to date on the latest cutting edge research in the field of CS.
PCB Design, Computer Vision, Machine Learning
The most amazing...
...AI I have built was capable of solving Raven's Progressive Matrices intelligence tests at a human level using knowledge-based AI techniques.
Electrical Engineer, Automation
- Programmed PLCs and robotics for a variety of industrial control and automation applications.
- Designed electronics with AutoCAD, implemented hardware upgrades to equipment.
- Diagnosed and maintained industrial electrical equipment.
- Chose and ordered necessary parts and created budget reports.
- Worked in teams with electrical maintenance and upper management, including Japanese engineers.
Electrical Engineer, R&D
WKU Science Labs
- Worked with physics researchers in designing electronics for experimentation.
- Helped design applications of Atomic Force Microscopes, Piezoelectric material, Chemical Detection, Solar Design, Motor Control, Signal Amplifiers, and Terra-hertz Lasers. Designed PCBs and programmed FPGAs.
- Ordered parts and worked in CAD to design electronics.
- Delivered a product from scratch independently.
- Worked with the client directly to determine project requirements.
- Designed measurement rigs for experimentation of project deliverables. Created scientific computing environments and software for use with the product.
Student Software Developer
Department of Chemistry, WKU
- Designed software to control advanced multimeters via LabVIEW computer interface.
- Created applications for graphing voltage, resistance, and currents in real-time.
- Designed a testing platform and product enclosure for a solar array. Created the PCB design for interfacing test equipment with lab equipment.
- Worked with international team collaboratively on research goals.
- Created a user friendly design and instructions made for easy lab access.
Electrical Engineering Student
Applied Physics Institute
- Designed PCBs, C++, and LabVIEW programming for scientific and embedded purposes.
- Implemented machine learning algorithms for advanced mutli-chemical detection.
- Researched and implemented new electrochemical and photovoltaic early detection units for air filtration systems.
- Performed air current testing and designed rigs for experimentation.
- Gave presentations and frequent project reports to supervisor. Worked in multidisciplinary team to create a consumer product worthy good.
Robotics Engineer | Teacher
Center for Gifted Studies
- Taught Mindstorm robotics for many years at the middle school level.
- Designed and implemented advanced programming challenges such as maze solving algorithms and synchronous dynamics.
- Taught basic mechanical and electrical concepts.
DHS-STEM Student Internship
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Ran discrete-time Fourier analysis, digital filtering algorithms, and statistical analyses on large time-series datasets in Python and MATLAB.
- Implemented machine learning spectral algorithms on large NLP datasets.
- Attended weekly progress report meetings and presented research proposals for the future of the project.
- Presented findings to the public both in research paper format and on-stage presentation.
- Delivered project deliverables to DHS on the completion of the project.
Munkres' Algorithm Implementationhttps://gist.github.com/ryanpeach/738b560fd903857c061063d25b3c8225
It is ready to run just by calling "python assignment.py." Given a "NxN" matrix, this algorithm minimizes the sum of the values giving a unique assignment of one row per column and returning a length N vector containing the column index for each row assignment. Murty's algorithm does this multiple times in ascending order of cost by using a Python generator. This "O(n!)" algorithm is implemented in an "O(N^3)" time complexity using the latest research.
Raven's Progressive Matrices AI
My final agent scored 19/24 on the hardest problem sets, purely via visual information. My first project reflection was selected as a top 10 best in class, and my agent overall scored very well relative to my peers. We were allowed no outside code from other students, and worked with Python using only Numpy and PIL libraries. All in all, this has been my favorite class by far overall, and it inspired much of my interests in AI going forward.
"SALSA" SociAL Sensor Analytics at PNNL
I spent months writing and testing highly complex algorithms for mathematical analyses, and even more time on interpreting the data and trying to improve the graphical outputs my code would generate. In the end, the experience was highly rewarding, and it taught me how to learn and research independently, as well as how to function well in a business environment.
OpenAI Gym Projects
The following is a sample of a Q Learner with documentation that I have recently written for the site; which has a very high ranking and quick learning time for the environment, and is highly generalizable to other problem sets.
GitHub Open Sourcehttps://github.com/ryanpeach
I have participated in leading edge open-source projects such as OpenNARS at Temple University and frequently submitted code snippets to scientific computing archives such as NumPy and SciPy.
Active Contributor to Sklearn-deap—a Genetic Algorithm Library for Interfacing with Sklearnhttps://github.com/rsteca/sklearn-deap
Kaggle Data Analysishttp://www.ryan-peach.com/school-projects/2017/5/22/describing-the-2016-election-with-machine-learning
Python, Go, Common Lisp (CL), C++, Java, VHDL, Verilog, Python 2
OpenCV, SciPy, NumPy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn
LabVIEW, MATLAB, EAGLE, CAD
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, Data Science, Concurrent Programming
PLC, Allen-Bradley PLCs, PCB Design, Robotics, Electrical Design, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Algorithms, Deep Learning, Data Structures, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Localization, Reinforcement Learning, Ladder Logic, Industrial Design, Control Systems, Data Analytics, Fourier Analysis, Social Media Analytics, Electronics, Physics, Atmel, PCB, Oscilloscopes & Tester Equipment, Solar, DAQ, FPGA
Debian Linux, Arduino, Windows, Android
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Robotics, and AI
Georgia Tech - Atlanta, GA, USA
LabVIEW CLAD Certification in Computer Engineering
National Instruments - Bowling Green, KY, USA
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Mathematics
Western Kentucky University - Bowling Green, KY, USA