CTO2016 - PRESENTCherry Circle Software
Technologies: Node.js, Gradle, Bootstrap, React
- Worked as a partner in a startup—handling all the technical direction.
- Created a fully scalable solution that costs less than $1/month on AWS Lambda and Cognito.
- Helped pharmaceutical companies get through the FDA regulatory process faster.
Chief Architect2013 - 2016Versata
Technologies: C#, Java, C, C++
- Managed a team of architects who are each responsible for the technical direction of one product in the Versata group of companies.
- Made critical calls on technical direction.
- Converted 3 data centers to Amazon Web Services (AWS), saving the company $1.3 million annually.
- Automated the hiring process which brought in over 300 new employees in the first year.
- Redefined the architecture of 3 different products that reduced maintenance costs by at least 50%.
- Led the layoffs of more than 50 people total to reduce inefficiencies in slower parts of the business.
CTO2012 - 2015Oventio
Technologies: Java, Google Web Toolkit, Amazon Web Services
- Worked as a partner in a startup with 6 employees in North America and 11 in India.
- Owned the architectural direction, including meeting with prospects and clients weekly.
- Built a SaaS product that had 3 times the revenue every year and was acquired by a Redbooks in 2015.
- Designed and built a portal for Data Garden that reduced administrative overhead by 40%.
- Helped define an architecture that got them acquired in June 2013.
Development and QA Manager2007 - 2012IBM
Technologies: Java, WebSphere BPM
- Started out as a tech lead for 15 people, then moved to managing a team of 7-10 employees in North America and 10 in India (including recruiting, hiring and firing).
- Gave direction, set goals for the team, and tracked those goals to release on time. Supervised critical customer situations when they needed help from my development team.
- Won 2 awards: Influential Advocate (for customer service) and Early Tenure Inventor (for patents).
- Created, with my team, a product that saw a 50% increase in revenue (an 8-figure increase) year to year.
- Provided technical direction to PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP to scale their system from 100 to over 18,000 users.
- Created a system for doing estimates that improved accuracy by ~30%.
- Managed the development and quality assurance on 3-6 projects at a time—consistently delivering on time and on budget.
Technical Lead2004 - 2007Troux
- Started out owning 3 simultaneous projects in consulting.
- Moved later on into development and led and completed 4 separate projects.
- Consulted with Weyerhaeuser to bring in $1 million in revenue. Weyerhaeuser signed a renewed $3 million deal for more services before I left for development.
- Created 2 new products that generated over $15 million in revenue per year.
- Pioneered a new installer that saved several days per project for consultants.
Technical Lead2003 - 2004Marsh
- Acted as the technical lead of a small project, responsible for creating estimates/deadlines, setting expectations, managing quality, and submitting budget proposals.
- Crafted a website initially intended for 40 users that executive management later rolled out to over 400 users in every sales office in the U.S.
- Earned the nick name “Rock Star” and was invited to come on-site.
- Delivered biweekly technical talks about topics such as estimating and improve as a programmer.
- Took control of project planning to make sure expectations were met appropriately.
Software Developer2000 - 2003Trilogy
Technologies: Java, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- Acted as the residential expert in Java, XML, and DB2 in both development and consulting at Lands’ End.
- Took initiative to create a new DB2 XML database integration product while consulting.
- Delivered on very tight deadlines to keep Lands’ End happy.
- Made connections at Trilogy that I’ve leveraged in every job afterwards. It's one of the world's most powerful networks.
- Worked as a programmer in both development and consulting.