Research Scientist2021 - PRESENTDuke University | Department of Statistics
Technologies: Python, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Statistics, Bayesian Statistics, Recommendation Systems, Computational Advertising, Research, Mathematics, PostgreSQL, Data Science, NumPy, Pandas, SQL, Data Engineering, Quantitative Analysis, Distributed Systems, ETL, Numerical Analysis, Ads, Advertising, GitHub, Git, Data Analytics, Statistical Learning, Statistical Modeling
- Utilized statistical and machine learning knowledge to develop new methodologies while improving the existing state-of-art ones.
- Conducted research aligned with recent field developments and literature. Implemented qualitative and quantitative analysis and data collection tools to achieve the assigned tasks within specified periods.
- Assisted the team in conducting intensive data analysis at MovieLens 25M dataset that explores people's movie rating behaviors from multiple lenses.
- Finalized and submitted research results to the group with recommendations on specific topics. Accomplished a seven-page write-up, supporting the team a step closer to the goal of publishing a paper.
Principal2015 - 2021Ridge Equities
Technologies: Python, Dashboards, Statistics, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence (BI), Asset Management, Equity Investment, Asset Valuation, Leadership, Property Management, Private Equity, Wealth Management, PostgreSQL, Dash, Quantitative Analysis, Algorithms, WebApp, Flask, Back-end Development, Data Science, Git, GitHub, Data Analytics, Statistical Learning, Statistical Modeling, Back-end, Pandas, NumPy, SQL, Data Engineering
- Spearheaded private equity fund operations, optimizing operational efficiency through systematized market operations and strategy development for a single-family value-add rental investment.
- Standardized business operations, value-add capital improvement projects, budget and timeline controls, trade coordination, and quality control assurance compliance with policies or regulations.
- Expanded business opportunities by directing a total asset of over $5 million, capitalizing on management and excellent communication skills to convey a consistent annual equity return of more than 15%.
- Bolstered operations, revenue generation, and client base expansion by instituting innovative portfolio management strategies for over 33 units across Philadelphia Metro.
- Executed comprehensive property management, incorporating best practices in tenant screening, repair and maintenance, cost control, rent collection, dispute handling, and capital improvement to meet optimal equity and internal rate returns.
- Boosted strategic leadership and communication among stakeholders and cross-functional teams, instilling the company vision to influence business transformation and meet objectives.
Senior Data Scientist2016 - 2017Guardian Insurance
Technologies: Python, Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI), Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning, Customer Segmentation, Cross-selling, Upselling, Statistics, PostgreSQL, Oracle, PySpark, MapReduce, Data Pipelines, Distributed Computing, NumPy, Pandas, Data Engineering, SQL, Data Science, Distributed Systems, Software Engineering, BigQuery, ETL, Tableau, Quantitative Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Algorithms, AWS, Git, GitHub, Back-end, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Data Analytics, Statistical Learning, Statistical Modeling, MySQL, MongoDB
- Developed the company's first customer segmentation model about life insurance purchasers' key life events and behavior drivers, utilizing extensive statistics modeling and pulling data from a large volume of datasets from various sources.
- Achieved an average of 1.6 times of target segment lifts, reducing the client acquisition cost and improving conversation rate to optimize the overall marketing profit and loss (P&L).
- Amplified the AUC metric by over 8% by introducing nonlinearity with additional critical behavior features into the prospect-predicting model.
Business Analyst2014 - 2016Guardian Insurance
Technologies: Python, Statistics, Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI), Dashboards, Excel 365, Excel VBA, Tableau, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Data Visualization, Data Pipelines, Data Cleaning, Data Scraping, SQL, Data Engineering, NumPy, Pandas, Data Science, Quantitative Analysis, ETL, Algorithms, Numerical Analysis, Git, GitHub, Back-end, Data Analytics, Statistical Learning, Statistical Modeling
- Established rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis to integrate multiple data sources to support performance analysis, agency and producer ranking and awards, and internal marketing strategy.
- Evaluated data collection processes for various business reports, utilizing multiple datasets to develop visual displays of solutions. Communicated data analysis results in written and verbal form for a more effective presentation.
- Strategized business intelligence solutions by updating the latest information technology applications. Automated over 80% of department internal ad-hoc reports using Python, Tableau, Excel, and VBA.
Operation Research Consultant2015 - 2015Gemological Institute of America
Technologies: Python, Django, Operations Research, Linear Programming, Optimization, Research, Data Science, Data Engineering, SQL, MySQL, NumPy, Pandas, Machine Learning, Quantitative Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Algorithms, Back-end, Back-end Development, Git, GitHub, Data Analytics, Statistical Learning, Statistical Modeling
- Supervised more than three professionals in a supply chain optimization project to streamline the internal quality control logistic system.
- Theorized the logistics system using linear programming and proposed a route for production implementation. Provided a full-size demo on Python and Django frameworks focused on online learning.
- Formulated an operational strategy, mapped a value chain, and conducted quantitative research for prospective institute models.