- Web Developer2014 - PRESENTImmix Productions
- Created a tool/wizard that takes multiple inputs from users to determine the best gas-well deliquification system, called "The Unloading Selector". It is a proprietary planning tool that provides a logical and totally unbiased recommendation of lift solutions.
- Converted custom designed PSD into custom WordPress themes for multiple clients.
- Conducted reviews of websites for search engine optimization purposes and made them friendlier for SEO.
- Accomplished complex design layouts such as full width/height video sliders, special slideshows with tool tips displayed on click, video, and image galleries.
- Senior Web Developer | Support Guru2013 - PRESENTNimbus Themes
- Developed multiple themes that are sold on nimbusthemes.com. These themes are generic in nature, to be used for a variety of purposes, and have different design aspects that make them unique.
- First point of contact for support inquiries for 17+ themes in the nimbusthemes.com store. Handled support requests, resolution of issues, and made suggestions for alternative approaches to client requests.
- Made regular theme updates to comply with latest WordPress requirements and to make the themes compatible with latest popular plugins.
- Did quality assurance and testing of current and new themes to discover any issues and bugs that need to be fixed.
- Developed bug fixes and feature additions to the current themes on a regular basis.
- Founder | Technical Director2005 - PRESENTEgreen Web Services LLC
- Worked with clients to identify requirements and functionalities and to help create a overall scope document.
- Managed the internal team, including designers and developers, delegate tasks, and manage overall project development process.
- Created WordPress themes from scratch based on design files either provided by the client or designed in house. Completely controlled via the WordPress customizer or theme options and widgets.
- Developed custom systems to store data and coded reporting interfaces for use by managers, including one large scale application for Les Mills International Ltd.
- Worked constantly with large amounts of data, analyzing and writing programs to migrate from one system to another. For example: migration of current data and products from different eCommerce systems to OpenCart.
- Chief Technology Officer2012 - 2013Pigeonly Inc
- Created a web-based system that allowed registered users to upload and ship printed photos to loved ones. The company was funded for $1.5 million based on the MVP that I created completely on my own.
- Developed a parser/scraper for state and federal prison databases that collected information on inmates and their current location and address.
- Integrated the web application with Authorize.net merchant gateway for processing payments.
- Integrated the web application with Customer.io for better reporting and customer engagement.
- Integrated an Android application created for the system to work in tandem with the web application, passing data to and from the app to the web system using XML and custom authentication methods.
- Manipulated all the uploaded photos on-the-fly using PHP to enable perfectly printed 4x6 photos.
- Visiting Faculty Member2006 - 2007Institute of Business Administration (IBA, Karachi, Pakistan)
Technologies: Teaching Tools
- Taught freshmen "Introduction to Programming, Database Systems."
- Taught lab courses for programming and database management.
- Taught software project management, systems analysis, and project management.
- Systems Analyst2005 - 2005Procter and Gamble (Pakistan)
Technologies: Visual C++, MS Access, ASP.NET, MS SQL
- Created a system for managing and taking stock of inventory at the main warehouse in the city.
- Was responsible for the main system used for creating orders and scheduling deliveries.
- Was the single point of contact for the supply chain and management department.
- Helped streamline inventory and warehouse related processes.
- Was involved with the automation of inventory taking at the main warehouse.
- Quality Assurance Lead2003 - 2005Creative Chaos Pvt. Ltd.
Technologies: PHP, C, Unit Testing, Browser Testing
- Led the team in conducting QA testing on all the systems developed by the company.
- Created and managed test cases for all quality assurance and testing operations.
- Extracted "encrypted" data from flat files of a legacy system running at a large local corporate and imported all data into an Oracle database.
- Was trained on worldnow.com (now franklyinc.com) systems to create and manage news sites.
- Let the testing and QA of the worldnow.com systems and websites.