HTML/CSS Developer in Katy, TX, United States
Web Developer2014 - PRESENTImmix Productions
- Created a tool/wizard that takes multiple inputs from users to determine the best gas-well deliquification system, called "The Unloading Selector". It is a proprietary planning tool that provides a logical and totally unbiased recommendation of lift solutions.
- Converted custom designed PSD into custom WordPress themes for multiple clients.
- Conducted reviews of websites for search engine optimization purposes and made them friendlier for SEO.
- Accomplished complex design layouts such as full width/height video sliders, special slideshows with tool tips displayed on click, video, and image galleries.
Senior Web Developer | Support Guru2013 - PRESENTNimbus Themes
- Developed multiple themes that are sold on nimbusthemes.com. These themes are generic in nature, to be used for a variety of purposes, and have different design aspects that make them unique.
- First point of contact for support inquiries for 17+ themes in the nimbusthemes.com store. Handled support requests, resolution of issues, and made suggestions for alternative approaches to client requests.
- Made regular theme updates to comply with latest WordPress requirements and to make the themes compatible with latest popular plugins.
- Did quality assurance and testing of current and new themes to discover any issues and bugs that need to be fixed.
- Developed bug fixes and feature additions to the current themes on a regular basis.
Founder | Technical Director2005 - PRESENTEgreen Web Services LLC
- Worked with clients to identify requirements and functionalities and to help create a overall scope document.
- Managed the internal team, including designers and developers, delegate tasks, and manage overall project development process.
- Created WordPress themes from scratch based on design files either provided by the client or designed in house. Completely controlled via the WordPress customizer or theme options and widgets.
- Developed custom systems to store data and coded reporting interfaces for use by managers, including one large scale application for Les Mills International Ltd.
- Worked constantly with large amounts of data, analyzing and writing programs to migrate from one system to another. For example: migration of current data and products from different eCommerce systems to OpenCart.
Chief Technology Officer2012 - 2013Pigeonly Inc
- Created a web-based system that allowed registered users to upload and ship printed photos to loved ones. The company was funded for $1.5 million based on the MVP that I created completely on my own.
- Developed a parser/scraper for state and federal prison databases that collected information on inmates and their current location and address.
- Integrated the web application with Authorize.net merchant gateway for processing payments.
- Integrated the web application with Customer.io for better reporting and customer engagement.
- Integrated an Android application created for the system to work in tandem with the web application, passing data to and from the app to the web system using XML and custom authentication methods.
- Manipulated all the uploaded photos on-the-fly using PHP to enable perfectly printed 4x6 photos.
Visiting Faculty Member2006 - 2007Institute of Business Administration (IBA, Karachi, Pakistan)
Technologies: Teaching Tools
- Taught freshmen "Introduction to Programming, Database Systems."
- Taught lab courses for programming and database management.
- Taught software project management, systems analysis, and project management.
Systems Analyst2005 - 2005Procter and Gamble (Pakistan)
Technologies: Visual C++, MS Access, ASP.NET, MS SQL
- Created a system for managing and taking stock of inventory at the main warehouse in the city.
- Was responsible for the main system used for creating orders and scheduling deliveries.
- Was the single point of contact for the supply chain and management department.
- Helped streamline inventory and warehouse related processes.
- Was involved with the automation of inventory taking at the main warehouse.
Quality Assurance Lead2003 - 2005Creative Chaos Pvt. Ltd.
Technologies: PHP, C, Unit Testing, Browser Testing
- Led the team in conducting QA testing on all the systems developed by the company.
- Created and managed test cases for all quality assurance and testing operations.
- Extracted "encrypted" data from flat files of a legacy system running at a large local corporate and imported all data into an Oracle database.
- Was trained on worldnow.com (now franklyinc.com) systems to create and manage news sites.
- Let the testing and QA of the worldnow.com systems and websites.
- [Toptal] Hornblower Classic Cable Cars (Development)http://www.classiccablecar.com
Utilized the Centaman ticketing REST API to create a ticketing/booking plugin for their website and hooked it up into the off-the-shelf theme. The plugin also utilizes the Heartland Payment Systems for credit card processing. Also customized the theme by creating a Child Theme based on the client's needed changes. During development, I also integrated the plugin with the Vantiv/Mercury Pay for payment processing which was later changed to use Heartland Payment Systems. The ticketing plugin is standalone and can be plugged into any theme with only some minor tweaks required on the front end presentation layer. Also worked closely with the Hornblower team during and after site deployment.
- [Toptal] Real Clear Life (Development)http://www.realclearlife.com/
RealClearLife.com is the lifestyle affiliate of RealClearPolitics, and one of the Real Clear Media's brands. They curate and create the world’s most striking images and ideas. I've worked with them on feature enhancements and bug fixes.
- [Toptal] Materials Marketing - Modified Fireplace Sales Tool (Development)
Took an elaborate, complex spreadsheet program and converted it into a PHP based quote system. This required understanding the underlying data formats and relations, translating it into a database structure, and then creating a program to help the sales team create quotes and modify prices through the new tool.
- Lee C. Moore (Development)http://www.lcm-wci.com/
This is a custom responsive WordPress theme for for Lee C. Moore's website. It features a full-scale slider with "teasers" that can be toggled to reveal more information. It's comprised of a unique menu system, several page templates, and a theme options panel created using the Redux Framework.
- Sin City Beer (Development)http://www.sincitybeer.com/
A redesign of an old website, gave it a fresh and polished look. Built a responsive custom WordPress theme based on the provided PSD files. Has a custom product catalog creating using special posts with custom fields and categories that can be purchased using PayPal.
- Spearhead Marketing Group (Development)
A non-responsive (by design) website created using a custom content management system developed from scratch. The client did not want WordPress so I created a custom CMS specifically for the management of the website.
- Transformer Network Inc. (Development)http://www.transformernet.com/
Transformer Network is a multi-service resource for high voltage electrical equipment and power transformers. Created a custom responsive WordPress theme based on PSD designs, a custom transformer calculator, and an inventory management and search system using the Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
- Marketplace Grill (Development)http://www.marketplacegrill.com/
A restaurant with multiple locations in Central and Northwest Arkansas. Created a custom responsive WordPress theme based on provided PSD files. Includes management and editing of menus, restaurant locations, catering information, and much more.
- Kirvin Doak Communications (Development)http://www.kirvindoak.com
Kirvin Doak Communications is a Las Vegas PR and marketing firm. Created a pixel perfect, simple yet elegant, and responsive WordPress theme that integrates with their Pitch Engine Newsroom and Instagram feeds.
- SEIMAX Technologies (Development)http://www.seimaxtech.com/
SEIMAX Technologies is a leading provider of seismic processing services and software to the oil & gas exploration industry. Created a custom responsive WordPress theme and set up their website based on the PSD designs provided to me. The theme uses the Redux Framework to provide theme options to the admin.
- Total Boiler and Mechanical LLC (Development)http://www.totalboiler.com/
A simple responsive WordPress theme custom created specifically for Total Boiler from provided PSD files.
- Moss Lake Village (Development)http://www.mosslakevillage.com/
Created custom, pixel perfect, and a responsive one page WordPress theme based off of provided PSD files.
- Lais Dentistry (Development)http://www.laisdentistry.com/
A custom responsive WordPress theme to set up a website that is simple, but information intensive.
- Sage Partners (Development)http://www.sagepartners.com/
A custom responsive and pixel-perfect WordPress theme created from scratch and based on provided PSD files. Created several page templates like for the team, services, and a blog.
- Liberty Financial Group (Development)http://www.libertyfingroup.com/
Liberty Financial Group is an independent insurance agency that offers an array of products. Created a custom WordPress theme for the website, set up a multiple custom contact, and quote forms that integrated with their lead management and tracking system.
- Fotopigeon (Other amazing things)
One of my major projects was with fotopigeon.com—that later became Pigeon.ly. I was the CTO and single-handedly developed the MVP that helped the company get funding for $1.5 million.
- Legacy System Data into Oracle DB (Other amazing things)
A large corporation wanted to import legacy data stored in flat files into their main database. I reversed engineered the code to decrypt the flat files, then wrote programs that handled the import into the new format.
FrameworksBootstrap, Bootstrap 3+, WordPress Multisite
Libraries/APIsAnimate.css, jQuery, Instagram API, Twitter API, Facebook API
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Database Design, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
PlatformsWordPress Theme Design, WordPress, WooCommerce
OtherWordPress Plugins, Quality Assurance (QA)
- Master of Business Administration degree in Management Information Systems2003 - 2005Institute of Business Administration - Karachi, Pakistan
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science1999 - 2002University of Karachi - Karachi, Pakistan