Senior Data Engineer2017 - 2020Colorescience
Technologies: Salesforce, MySQL, AWS RDS, PostgreSQL, Python
- Designed, developed, and maintained a reporting data warehouse built using PostgreSQL (AWS RDS).
- Built data pipelines to move data from a production system and third-party systems to a centralized data warehouse.
- Connected to third-party APIs to import data on an incremental basis e.g., Salesforce, Sailthru, and CrowdTwist.
- Managed resources on AWS.
- Created reports and dashboards in Looker to provide insights on the data.
Senior Data Engineer2019 - 2019Curvo Labs
Technologies: Web Scraping, AWS Glue, Docker, AWS S3, Redshift, Apache Airflow, Spark ML, Scala, Apache Spark, Python
- Built a new Data pipeline framework orchestrated in Airflow. Also, Airflow was setup with Docker.
- Wrote new data-pipelines in Python and schedule them in Airflow.
- Performed a variety of on-demand tasks using Apache Spark/Scala and deployed in AWS Glue.
- Established Redshift as a centralized data warehouse and moved the data to Redshift from S3, production systems, and third-party applications.
- Setup the mode to create enterprise reports from the data moved to Redshift.
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer2016 - 2018Altus Group Limited
Technologies: Reporting, Pentaho, Informatica, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Built a reporting data warehouse using Pentaho, PostgreSQL, and Informatica.
- Designed a database schema in PostgreSQL to represent the reporting use case.
- Created ETL tasks in Informatica to move data from the production systems into PostgreSQL.
- Built reports and dashboards using a Pentaho report designer and deployed them to the BI server.
Data Engineer2014 - 2016Wave Accounting, Inc.
Technologies: Pentaho, Ansible, Sqoop, Apache Hive, MySQL, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, Sisense, Microsoft SQL Server, Python
- Designed, developed, and maintained big data and business intelligence solutions at Wave.
- Designed and scheduled complex ETL workflows and jobs using Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle) to load data into the data systems.
- Wrote custom Python scripts to access third party APIs and download data into the data systems.
- Developed complex SQL queries including JOINS, subqueries, and common table expressions to address ad hoc business analytics and other requirements.
- Coordinated with the product and executive teams to gather and understand business requirements.
- Built an end-to-end relational data warehouse—including infrastructure, schema design, optimization, and administration.
- Designed and developed a Hadoop Cluster using Horton Works HDP 2.0. Tasks include installing and configuring a Hadoop ecosystem and designing the HDFS.
- Designed and scheduled Sqoop jobs to load data into the HDFS from the production systems.
Business Intelligence Developer2011 - 2014Eyereturn Marketing, Inc.
Technologies: MySQL, Sqoop, Apache Pig, Hadoop, Apache Hive, Pentaho, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server
- Designed real-time reporting solutions using a SQL server (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS) and Pentaho business intelligence tools (MySQL, Mondrian, and Pentaho).
- Created custom automated/scheduled reports using Eclipse BIRT and Pentaho Report Designer.
- Built custom ETL tasks to transform data for custom reports using Kettle (Pentaho Data Integration).
- Designed and optimized database schemas to make reporting faster and efficient.
- Created, maintained, and scheduled custom data processors to pull and manipulate data from HDFS using Pig, Sqoop, and Oozie (Cloudera Hadoop).
Database Analyst2010 - 2011George Brown College
Technologies: raiser's edge, Microsoft SQL Server
- Handled and was responsible for the database administration in the organization using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge.
- Updated and maintained the alumni database using the MS SQL Server.
- Conducted data validation and verification to ensure the accuracy and quality of the data.
- Performed multiple queries at a complex level for the purposes of reports and provide information for divisional and marketing purposes.
- Provided support to the project managers.
Software Engineer2007 - 2009Tata Consultancy Services
Technologies: Oracle, SQL, HTML, Java
- Provided post-implementation support and training for an enterprise level banking application (TCS [email protected]) to 25,000+ corporate end-users.
- Handled different modules of the banking operations such as routine banking, loans and mortgages, capital markets, and foreign exchange.
- Analyzed client business needs and translated them into functional/operational requirements.
- Communicated successfully with a variety of people including subject matter experts to establish a technical vision, business units, development teams, and support teams.