- Data Engineer2017 - PRESENTColorescience
Technologies: Python, Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL, MySQL, Salesforce, MySQL
- Designed, developed, and am now maintaining a reporting data warehouse built using PostgreSQL (AWS RDS).
- Created an ETL framework using Python and PDI to load data into a data warehouse.
- Connected to third-party APIs to import data on an incremental basis e.g., Salesforce, Sailthru, and CrowdTwist.
- Managed PostgreSQL (RDS) and ETL servers (EC2) using AWS Console.
- Created reports and dashboards in Looker to provide insights on the data.
- Senior Business Intelligence Engineer2016 - 2018Altus Group Limited
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MS SQL, Pentaho Reporting, Informatica
- Built a reporting data warehouse using Pentaho, PostgreSQL, and Informatica.
- Designed a database schema in PostgreSQL to represent the reporting use case.
- Created ETL tasks in Informatica to move data from the production systems into PostgreSQL.
- Built reports and dashboards using a Pentaho report designer and deployed them to the BI server.
- Data Engineer2014 - 2016Wave Accounting, Inc.
Technologies: Python, MS SQL, Pentaho Kettle, Sisense, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, MySQL, Hive, Sqoop, Ansible
- Designed, developed, and maintained big data and business intelligence solutions at Wave.
- Designed and scheduled complex ETL workflows and jobs using Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle) to load data into the data systems.
- Wrote custom Python scripts to access third party APIs and download data into the data systems.
- Developed complex SQL queries including JOINS, subqueries, and common table expressions to address ad hoc business analytics and other requirements.
- Coordinated with the product and executive teams to gather and understand business requirements.
- Built an end-to-end relational data warehouse—including infrastructure, schema design, optimization, and administration.
- Designed and developed a Hadoop Cluster using Horton Works HDP 2.0. Tasks include installing and configuring a Hadoop ecosystem and designing the HDFS.
- Designed and scheduled Sqoop jobs to load data into the HDFS from the production systems.
- Business Intelligence Developer2011 - 2014Eyereturn Marketing, Inc.
Technologies: MS SQL, SSIS, SSAS, Pentaho, Hive, Hadoop, Pig, Sqoop, MySQL
- Designed real-time reporting solutions using a SQL server (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS) and Pentaho business intelligence tools (MySQL, Mondrian, and Pentaho).
- Created custom automated/scheduled reports using Eclipse BIRT and Pentaho Report Designer.
- Built custom ETL tasks to transform data for custom reports using Kettle (Pentaho Data Integration).
- Designed and optimized database schemas to make reporting faster and efficient.
- Created, maintained, and scheduled custom data processors to pull and manipulate data from HDFS using Pig, Sqoop, and Oozie (Cloudera Hadoop).
- Database Analyst2010 - 2011George Brown College
Technologies: MS SQL Server, Raiser's Edge
- Handled and was responsible for the database administration in the organization using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge.
- Updated and maintained the alumni database using the MS SQL Server.
- Conducted data validation and verification to ensure the accuracy and quality of the data.
- Performed multiple queries at a complex level for the purposes of reports and provide information for divisional and marketing purposes.
- Provided support to the project managers.
- Software Engineer2007 - 2009Tata Consultancy Services
Technologies: Java, HTML, SQL, Oracle
- Provided post-implementation support and training for an enterprise level banking application (TCS B@ncs) to 25,000+ corporate end-users.
- Handled different modules of the banking operations such as routine banking, loans and mortgages, capital markets, and foreign exchange.
- Analyzed client business needs and translated them into functional/operational requirements.
- Communicated successfully with a variety of people including subject matter experts to establish a technical vision, business units, development teams, and support teams.