Verified Expert in Engineering
Saifur holds a master's degree in computer science and has 16 years of extensive experience implementing back- and front-end applications using Java technologies. He is an expert solution provider comfortable interacting with business users to understand and match requirements. Saifur has implemented scalable microservices following cloud architecture and is experienced using Jakarta EE Design Patterns to reuse the most efficient and effective strategies for new development.
MacOS, Unix, Windows
The most amazing...
...software I've developed is the OKWCC case management system for filing workers' compensation claims and disputes online, which Oklahoma State highly commended.
Java Lead | Architect
Objectstream Inc, USA
- Built the Oklahoma Workers' Compensation Commission (OKWCC) case management application for automating the case lifecycle.
- Designed and developed an ETL framework (Spring Batch Job) to pull National Council of Compensation Insurance (NCCI) daily data from their SFTP and process it. Stored the new WCC application at the Workers' Compensation Information System (WCIS).
- Analyzed requirements and defined the high-level architectural design.
- Operated in a rapid development environment using Agile methodologies.
- Handled the version management of multi-module projects.
- Developed high-performance Spring RESTful web services with Jersey.
- Led, guided, and monitored the team during the project.
XML Schema Developer
The Center for Global Enterprise LTD
- Designed and authored XML schemas aligned with established data provenance standards, ensuring the schemas were intuitive, consistent, and capable of capturing relevant metadata.
- Wrote an XML code in well-structured, semantically accurate, and adhered to best practices.
- Created documentation for the XML schemas, including annotations, usage guidelines, and examples, to aid developers and users in their implementation.
- Took client's existing data governance standards, metadata, and sample values captured in spreadsheet format, which would be soon translated into UML, and scribed them into an XML schema.
Parallon (HCA), USA
- Developed an automated process for fetching claim denial data from various source systems and bundling the data with the appeal package.
- Engaged actively as part of the business intelligence team in developing and managing over 30 microservices.
- Contributed to the project's architecture, requirements gathering, and analysis as part of a 20-member team.
- Interacted with users to understand the requirements and map the design.
- Defined the framework for appeal assistance per the management strategies, including providing master data management solutions.
- Managed the project build and deployment in multiple development, test, user acceptance testing, and production servers using the TeamCity and Marathon pipelines.
Senior Software Engineer
Comsoft Technologies LLC, USA
- Developed microservices, engaging actively as a senior engineer.
- Handled designs, developments, bug fixes, deployments, and other tasks needed to move ahead.
- Collaborated daily with team members and customers.
Senior Software Engineer
SafeRock, Bangladesh (formerly Integrated Software Ltd)
- Engaged in the system's design and implementation as part of the architecture team.
- Contributed to the architecture, requirements gathering, analysis, detailed design, and class and flow diagram preparations as part of a 14-member team.
- Developed the application's presentation layer using JavaServer Faces (JSF), RichFaces, Servlet, JavaServer Pages (JSP), JSTL, and Ajax with DWR.
- Built the application's business and persistent layers using Spring and iBATIS, respectively.
Athena Software Associates, Bangladesh (formerly UIGN)
- Engaged in the project's conversion analysis, planning, modeling, development, and testing.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the data layer using the Hibernate ORM framework.
- Delivered the software in an Agile environment using Scrum and Extreme Programming practices.
Millennium Information Solution Ltd., Bangladesh
- Contributed to documenting the requirements gathering process and preparing use cases.
- Developed a conceptual model and mock user interface during the analysis phase.
- Engaged in the development, testing, and deployment tasks.
OKWCC Case Management Systemhttps://caseok.wcc.ok.gov/
I guided and monitored a team while working as the project's IT architect within a 20-member squad, operating in a rapid development and deployment environment using Agile methodologies. I worked closely with our customers and analyzed requirements. I also defined the ETL framework, which pulls, converts, and adds 15 years of data to the new WCC system from the WCIS and NCCI. I then designed and maintained relational and dimensional data models, developed Spring Batch jobs for internal use, and built high-performance Spring RESTful web services using Jersey.
Parallon's Appeal Assistance Process
I was the lead Java developer and product owner, working with 20 other members on the project in a rapid development and deployment environment using Agile methodologies. I developed the SOA for internal use, building and managing over 30 web services and actively engaging as part of the business intelligence team. Face-to-face interaction was the preferred communication. I worked closely with our customers to analyze requirements, define and map the high-level architectural design, and maintain relational and dimensional data models. I then built high-performance Spring RESTful web services with Jersey and used TeamCity and Marathon to manage the project build and deployment in multiple development, test, and production servers.
PICA Insurance Productshttps://www.picagroup.com/
As a senior software engineer for PICA Group, Franklin, Tennessee, I contributed to the incremental development and handled bug fixes, deployments, meetings, and other tasks to advance the project. I also worked closely with customers, conducted face-to-face interaction as preferred, and cooperated daily with team members in open and collaborative workspaces.
Ministry Grid Training Platformhttps://ministrygrid.com/training/
I contributed as a senior programmer analyst for Lifeway Christian Resources, Nashville, Tennessee. I developed cross-browser compatible Liferay portlets with 48 screens using Spring MVC, JSF, Ajax, JSP, HTML, and CSS. I also built high-performance RESTful web services with Jersey for Android, iOS, and Kindle apps to separate business complexity from the mobile application.
For this project, I developed portlet controllers using Spring MVC and JSF and added JSP views. Then, I wired the Spring services with the controllers, built WAR files, and deployed the WARS in the Liferay-Tomcat server. I implemented middleware services to manage images, videos, PDFs, and DOCs stored in the database or cloud; Liferay portlets called on these services to display the digital assets.
FedEx Common Data Service
I contributed as a senior programmer analyst for FedEx World Technology Center, Collierville, Tennessee. I built custom components for the developers, redefined the architecture for the CDS dashboard portal, and implemented Spring Security for web tier access protection. I also developed online screens using JSF, integrated with the Spring Framework for dependency injection.
In addition, I built XHTML pages as views and backed beans as controllers using JSF and Spring Core. I contributed to designing and implementing web service client apps by generating client classes using Jakarta XML Binding and SOAP-based standards for messaging. I also applied design patterns such as singleton, factory, and MVC and used the JMS publish/subscribe model for asynchronous interactions with other systems. I then compiled the enterprise app and created the WAR files using the Ant and Maven build tools.
Netvantage Cross-platform Solution for Toys "R" Us
I engaged as a senior software engineer for Toys "R" Us, USA, as part of a 14-member team, contributing to the architecture, requirements gathering, analysis, detailed design, class and flow diagram preparations, and system implementation. In daily Scrum meetings, I interacted with the US team to analyze requirements and map them to design. I then developed the application using JSF, RichFaces, Servlet, JSP, JSTL, and Ajax with DWR on the presentation layer. I also built the business layer using Spring and the persistent layer using iBATIS.
Spring, Spring Security, Spring Boot, JSF, ICEfaces, Marathon, Spring Batch, Hibernate, Selenium, Bootstrap, .NET, JavaServer Faces, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), iBATIS
REST APIs, Hystrix, MyBatis, Java Servlets, JasperReports, RxJava, JSON API, OneDrive, RichFaces, JSTL, DWR
Zuul, Eureka, Mesos, RabbitMQ, Apache Maven, Gradle, Jira, Git, Keycloak, ActiveMQ, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Servlet
Object-oriented Design (OOD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Microservices, Scrum, REST, MVC Design, Requirements Analysis, Desktop Web Design, Desktop App Development, Microservices Architecture
Eclipse, Oracle, Amazon Web Services (AWS), JEE, Desktop, Netflix, Java EE, MacOS, Unix, Windows, Amazon EC2, Linux, Kubernetes, Docker
Spring Data JPA, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, Couchbase, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch, JSON, NoSQL, Databases, XML Schema, Amazon DynamoDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Spring Cloud, APIs, SOAP, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Cloud, API Integration, JSON REST APIs, Back-end Development, Architecture, Web Applications, Payment Gateways, Online Ordering, SOLID Principles, Back-end, WebSockets, Software Design, Leadership, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Cloud Architecture, Client-server Model, Data Analysis, API Connectors, Web Services, Software Architecture, Technical Consulting, Data Feeds, Solution Architecture, Full-stack, SSL, Liferay, Ajax, Data Engineering, SFTP
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Maharishi University of Management (now Maharishi International University) - Fairfield, Iowa, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
United International University - Dhaka, Bangladesh