Software Engineer Contractor2021 - 2021
- Contributed to the implementation of a new project at Twitter, improving the infrastructure for certain implementations that previously took 2-3 weeks down to 2-3 days.
- Provided feedback on the design approach and suggested improvements and alternatives.
- Helped new engineers on board with the project, providing direction and instruction.
Full-stack Developer2018 - 2021Self-employed
- Created React Native service apps for field technicians and a barcode scanner mobile app (Vendor Managed Inventory) with configurations for different companies’ processes.
- Collaborated with clients' development teams to teach them how to use best practices for React in building an eCommerce website.
- Developed projects from start to finish: interfaced with clients, gathered and interpreted requirements, and built the database—the back end and front end from scratch, all independently.
- Built dashboards with charts, graphs, gauges, and grids to integrate with the clients' CRM for inside sales rep performance and budgets.
- Replaced multiple clients' entire Access database business systems with modern React, Node.js, React Native architecture.
- Built React interfaces for a siren maintenance company to select latitude, longitude, and range sites. Plotted them in Google Maps and generated a Google Earth KML file to share with clients.
Senior Full-stack Developer2016 - 2018Bayer Crop Science
- Aided in the development of the Molecular Breeding Marker API, Genetic Trait API, Molecular Breeding Selection Services, and UI.
- Implemented the applications with Amazon Simple Work Flow, Amazon Web Services, and PostgreSQL.
- Incorporated APIs and services for our applications and APIs, and developed our own APIs for other teams' applications to consume.
- Built user interfaces with React to aid in the process of molecular breeding selections and sampling collection.
CTO2013 - 2018Sektek
- Started a business with fellow top-tier networking colleague, Kevin Schulmeister, straight out of highschool with the purpose of providing personal computers.
- Grew business to provide technology support, web design and software development to small businesses in the area.
- Set up hardware, networks, security systems, access control systems, and developed custom software and websites.
Independent Game Developer2014 - 2016Independent
Technologies: C#, Java, C++
- Started learning AndEngine and LibGDX (Java) game engines in college by making Asteroids and Pong clones.
- Moved on to more robust game engines Unity3D (C#) and Unreal Engine 4 (C++) and prototyped several original ideas in Unity and UE4 (Swingy Dude, Bowman Saga, Destructible Castle).
- Released Shooty Bow on Google Play Store and Apple App Store (no longer on app marketplaces).