Verified Expert in Engineering
Saige is an entirely self-taught computer programmer whose love for programming started at the age of 16. At 18, he decided to start his own business offering computer repair and website development for small local businesses. After exiting that business, he has enjoyed working with clients to fulfill their business goals and objectives as a self-employed software engineer. Eventually, Saige found his way into roles at large tech companies such as Twitter and Google.
React, Node.js, React Native, SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Dart, Angular
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a mobile game that I was able to put in the App Store after teaching myself game development. It was both fun and challenging!
- Worked within Google Ads as a full-stack developer on Performance Planner, Performance Center, and Keyword Planner applications.
- Designed, developed, and fully launched multiple new product features alone and in collaboration with team members, including portfolio bidding strategies, unforecastable mitigation, SA360 split/migration, and performance improvements.
- Redefined team working process and created standards for several previously vague developer workflows.
- Served as the team point of contact for production and infrastructure knowledge.
Software Engineer Contractor
- Contributed to the implementation of a new project at Twitter, improving the infrastructure for certain implementations that previously took 2-3 weeks down to 2-3 days.
- Provided feedback on the design approach and suggested improvements and alternatives.
- Helped new engineers on board with the project, providing direction and instruction.
- Created React Native service apps for field technicians and a barcode scanner mobile app (Vendor Managed Inventory) with configurations for different companies’ processes.
- Collaborated with clients' development teams to teach them how to use best practices for React in building an eCommerce website.
- Developed projects from start to finish: interfaced with clients, gathered and interpreted requirements, and built the database—the back end and front end from scratch, all independently.
- Built dashboards with charts, graphs, gauges, and grids to integrate with the clients' CRM for inside sales rep performance and budgets.
- Replaced multiple clients' entire Access database business systems with modern React, Node.js, React Native architecture.
- Built React interfaces for a siren maintenance company to select latitude, longitude, and range sites. Plotted them in Google Maps and generated a Google Earth KML file to share with clients.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Bayer Crop Science
- Aided in the development of the Molecular Breeding Marker API, Genetic Trait API, Molecular Breeding Selection Services, and UI.
- Implemented the applications with the Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF), Amazon Web Services (AWS), and PostgreSQL.
- Incorporated APIs and services for our applications and APIs and developed our own APIs for other teams' applications to consume.
- Built user interfaces with React to aid in the process of molecular breeding selections and sampling collection.
- Started a business with fellow top-tier networking colleague, Kevin Schulmeister, straight out of high school to provide personal computers.
- Grew the business to provide technology support, web design, and software development to small businesses in the area.
- Set up hardware, networks, security systems, and access control systems and developed custom software and websites.
Independent Game Developer
- Started learning AndEngine and libGDX (Java) game engines in college by making Asteroids and Pong clones.
- Moved on to more robust game engines, Unity3D (C#) and Unreal Engine 4 (C++), and prototyped several original ideas in Unity and UE4 (Swingy Dude, Bowman Saga, Destructible Castle).
- Released Shooty Bow on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store (no longer on app marketplaces).
Insider Trading API
Motion Detection Algorithm
frame difference, or BackgroundSubtractorMOG2.
React Native, Express.js, Redux, Angular, Unreal Engine 4, Unreal Engine
React, Node.js, OpenCV, Socket.IO
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Home Automation, Google Ads, Unreal Engine 5