Verified Expert in Engineering
Cybersecurity Engineer and Developer
Saleem is a cybersecurity professional with 6+ years of experience. He specializes in the design, deployment, and management of network, endpoint, and infrastructure security implementations, including routers and switches, next-gen firewalls, VPNs, NAC solutions, F5, MFA, SIEM/SOAR, and EDR/XDR, across different OEMs. Saleem ensures confidentiality, integrity, and availability of mission-critical infrastructure, adopting known industry frameworks and best practices.
Fortinet Firewall Configuration, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Cisco Umbrella, CISSP, F5 Networks, CCNP, SIEM, Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), Cloud Security
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was the security infrastructure design to enforce zero-trust architecture with micro-segmentation, DLP, and SASE with SIEM/SOAR.
Senior Network and Cybersecurity Engineer
- Designed and deployed VMware NSX-T for effective private cloud network routing, switching, and micro-segmentation of East-West traffic to drive the zero-trust tenet of the customer.
- Implemented and managed the VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer to ensure the availability of the customers' critical services is above the agreed SLA.
- Championed the adoption of the zero-trust strategy for efficient threat containment by implementing micro-segmentation to enforce the principle of least privilege.
- Collaborated regularly with the sales team to effectively showcase product features and technical capabilities to sell new solutions or upsell existing ones.
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
- Reduced external malware and intrusion attacks on the enterprises' infrastructure by over 80%.
- Migrated live traffic from the existing Cisco ASA 5585-X to Firepower 4125 for improved threat filtering and enhanced network segmentation.
- Managed the endpoint protection, network access control (NAC) solutions, and the secure access service edge in-line data loss prevention (DLP) solution.
- Redesigned the network architecture to segment the enterprise network from the 4G LTE customer network.
- Managed and analyzed various network and host-based security appliances (next-generation firewalls, NAC, DLP, PAM, NIDS, HIDS, etc.).
- Reduced social engineering attacks actively by implementing and managing Trend Micro Email Security solutions and educating users on detecting and responding to social engineering attacks.
- Implemented effective UTM features (URL filtering, AV, APP control) on FortiGate, Check Point, and Palo Alto firewalls.
Senior Network and Cybersecurity Engineer
Jaiz Bank PLC
- Championed the adoption and migration of workloads to the cloud (AWS) and a zero-trust strategy to efficiently contain threats by implementing micro-segmentation to enforce least-privilege access.
- Upgraded and hardened the network security infrastructure to prevent unauthorized access and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the bank's data using AWS Macie and IAM.
- Led the deployment of F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager to improve the availability of the bank's critical services to 98%.
- Conducted a security audit to ascertain the state of the enterprise infrastructure security.
Senior Network and Security Engineer
- Migrated all regular generic routing encapsulation tunnels between the corporate head office, branches, and oil rigs to implement internet protocol security (IPsec) and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the firm's data in transit.
- Resolved network and information security issues as they arose across the group.
- Designed a proper layered enterprise security architecture for the group.
Network Security Engineer
- Designed and deployed a scalable remote access VPN solution for the group and its 19 African subsidiaries.
- Managed and supported the network security architecture concerning F5 load-balancers, Fortinet firewalls, Cisco Nexus switches, and others.
- Handled user and device authentication using authentication servers, including Cisco Identity Services Engine and FortiAuthenticator.
- Migrated over 200 IPsec site-to-site VPNs from Cisco ASA to a Fortinet firewall.
Network Consulting Engineer
Arit of Africa
- Designed, planned, and successfully deployed network security solutions for clients in Nigeria's financial, oil and gas, and manufacturing industries.
- Liaised with customers to scope and design solutions to meet their specific IT and security needs.
- Upgraded and hardened the network security infrastructure to prevent unauthorized access and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of clients' data.
Network Security Architecture Design
VPN, Cisco Umbrella, pfSense, FirePower
Cybersecurity, Network Security
ASA Firewalls, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), CISSP, Zero Trust, FortiGate, Cisco Switches, Firewalls, Authentication, Security, SecOps, Cisco, IT Security, TCP/IP, Networking, Network Administration, Fortinet Firewall Configuration, Palo Alto Networks, IP Networks, Web Security, Information Systems, Endpoint Security, McAfee, Secure Access Service Edge (SASE), F5 Networks, IP Routing, Cloud, Vulnerability Management, Vulnerability Identification, APIs, Risk Management, Cloud Security, Check Point, Networks, System Administration, VMware ESXi, SIEM, Encryption, CCNA, CCNP, Information Security
Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology - Ogbomoso, Oyo State, Nigeria
Cisco Certified Network Professional Security
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
Fortinet NSE 7 Network Security Architect
Fortinet NSE 4 Network Security Professional
Cisco Certified Network Professional
Cisco Certified Network Associate
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring