Architecture and Development Manager2019 - 2020WannaPlay (A Division of Enzime Venture Capital SA)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Django REST Framework, Django, Python 3
- Selected the cloud provider and designed the architecture of the application.
- Led the application back-end reengineering process using Python 3 and Django framework—replacing the legacy, poorly performing Python 2 implementation.
- Designed and implemented the automated production deployment process using AWS Lambda Functions and the Django Zappa Module.
Senior Data Engineer2018 - 2019Galicia Bank at Teradata de Argentina SRL (Financial Industry)
Technologies: Shell Scripting, Python 3, Presto DB, Apache Hive, Cloudera, Hadoop, Linux, Teradata Databases
- Implemented a new pipeline for ETL processes on the Hadoop platform. Defined and implemented the user profiles and user groups for related data environments.
- Built an ETL framework that also contained shell scripting language that managed services, jobs, and logs for each process.
- Designed and implemented an AnalyticOps framework whose main function was to deploy automatically data models in a scalable and sustainable way.
Senior ETL and Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018Carrefour at Teradata de Argentina SRL (Retail Industry)
Technologies: Shell Scripting, Django, Python 3, MicroStrategy, Teradata Databases
- Conducted, assisted, and supervised multiple dashboards migration from MicroStrategy Web Services 9.4 to 10.4.
- Designed, scoped, developed, and implemented an ETL tool using Python 3 and the Django web framework. The solution allowed users to upload data into the data warehouse on demand. It also was integrated with LDAP and contained profile-based menus.
- Wrote and tested back-end SQL processes for the product stock control procedure.
Senior Data Engineer2017 - 2018Interbank Perú at Teradata de Perú (Financial Industry)
Technologies: Linux, Python 3, Apache NiFi, Apache Hive, Cloudera, Hadoop, Teradata Databases
- Wrote, designed, and optimized quality control processes on the existing ETL jobs.
- Analyzed and automated ETL integration scripts as much as possible.
- Coordinated user requirements and based on that designed and built processes on the Hadoop platform to load the Aster database for the development of data models.
- Worked side by side with a data scientist on the event data repository for a churn analytical codel—designing and building a physical data model using Erwin along with scoping, designing, and testing daily ETL routines in Teradata.
Senior Data Modeler2016 - 2017Galicia Bank at Teradata de Argentina SRL (Financial Industry)
Technologies: Python 3, Shell Scripting, Windows, Trello, Informatica PowerCenter, Teradata Databases
- Designed and built a physical data model for the risk financial department used to create dashboards for directors.
- Scoped, designed, and tested daily ETL routines along with managing ETL reports and administering the final live process and optimal data visualization.
- Trained other team members of the analytics department to improve their use of the Teradata database platform.
- Developed a Python ETL tool with a Windows Graphic User Interface to upload data that wasn't present in any operating system to the risk data mart.
ETL and SQL Developer2015 - 2016BBVA Francés Bank at Teradata de Argentina SRL (Financial Industry)
Technologies: Utilities, Linux, Informatica PowerCenter, Teradata
- Built ETL processes with Informatica PowerCenter 9.
- Led the migration from Teradata 13.10 to Teradata 14.10 using Linux low-level utilities.
- Helped co-workers to succeed in obtaining their Teradata certifications.
Senior ETL Developer2013 - 2014Arcos Dorados at Teradata de Argentina SRL (Restaurant Industry)
Technologies: Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Teradata
- Worked on the full data warehouse lifecycle—designing and building a physical data model along with scoping, designing, and testing ETL routines and administering the final live process.
- Developed a Python program to acquire data from the checkouts of the McDonald's terminals in order to have live data available for key users' decision-making processes.
- Acted as a database consultant in optimizing ETL processes by applying knowledge of Teradata architecture and proper usage of indexes.
Professional Services Consultant2013 - 2013Movistar at Teradata de Argentina SRL (Telecommunications Industry)
Technologies: Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Windows Server, Utilities, Teradata
- Acted as a database consultant in optimizing report queries by applying knowledge of Teradata architecture and proper usage of indexes.
- Scoped, designed, and tested ETL algorithms using an in-house ETL tool with ANSI SQL.
- Detected, as an ETL consultant, pain points in the main batch process and optimizing the identified steps.
Professional Services Consultant2009 - 2013Carrefour at Teradata de Argentina SRL (Retail Industry)
Technologies: Utilities, Teradata, MicroStrategy, Microsoft SQL Server, Linux, Shell Scripting
- Automated ETL processes from Informix and SQL Server databases to Teradata using PERL.
- Built and tested MicroStrategy reports and dashboards for the sales departments and the board of directors.
- Migrated a MicroStrategy Server 7 to 9.02 and a Teradata database 13.10 to 14.10.
- Implemented a backup strategy using ARCMain and Tivoli and established backup copies of critical data on a daily, weekly, and monthly bases.
- Designed and developed a process that allowed forecasting the number of employees and open checkout points needed by the store at a particular time of day using large volumes of historical data.