- Helped launch a female empowerment network's website and app, building features such as messaging, video content, and a blog article hub.
- Built the site of a luxury watch and jewelry store in London, utilizing a headless CMS architecture with DatoCMS and Shopify to enable the client to update practically all site content without code changes.
- Introduced automated testing with Jest and also provided training resources and 1:1 mentoring for more junior devs to help them get up to speed.
- Conducted research of new tools and participated in technical scoping with product managers and designers, particularly with regard to the balance between long-term costs vs. cost of a custom solution.
Technologies: Splunk, Jest, GraphQL, React Native for Web, Node.js, TypeScript
- Developed new and existing internal tools to manage product and order details.
- Built new components (React Native for web) in the shared component package for use across the company's suite of apps.
- Wrote Splunk queries for graphs and alerts to properly monitor the performance and status of the product.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, Mocha, Cucumber, Terraform, Serverless, Angular, Node.js
- Developed new features and fixed existing bugs for an end client’s legacy website coded in Sails and Angular 1.
- Took over a previously abandoned project utilizing AWS serverless architecture, which required thorough investigation and testing to ascertain the status of the project and what work remained to satisfy client acceptance criteria.
- Led a project that required regular and close communication with the project manager, business analyst, and client to ensure that acceptance criteria and business requirements were fully understood and met within the decided timeframe.
- Set up and wrote Cucumber (BDD) tests, collaborating closely with the QA engineer to cover key user stories.
- Maintained multiple services to handle the retrieval, aggregation, storing, and augmentation of physical activity sessions in the sports and exercise industry, as well as another pipeline for handling bookings.
- Maintained and upgraded a search API enabling front ends to sort and filter the data we'd stored, significantly improving the response time through changes introduced to the data storage layer.
- Participated in community standards meetings to establish and provide feedback on the OpenActive activity data specifications we used in our v2 release.
- Assisted in the rewrite of the entire codebase, moving it over to Node.js or ensuring that it met standards and business requirements.
- Developed a React timetable to display exercise class data on the front ends. This was made as an iframe widget with minimal configuration on the client's part.