App Developer2016 - PRESENTSexual Assault Center of London
- Built a hybrid app that allows victims of sexual assault to collect evidence by providing them with step-by-step instructions.
- Built a cryptographically signed package that contains a verified timestamp of when the data was collected to be used in legal proceedings. The packages are stored on S3.
- Worked directly with social workers and a prosecution lawyer to design the app.
- Worked with an external company to match the app design with the website they developed.
Web/App Developer2015 - PRESENTThrow Away Games, Inc.
- Built a hybrid app using the Ionic framework called RelNuz. It is publicly available on Android/iOS.
- Worked with both a designer and a back-end developer. Design was provided via CSS files and example HTML.
- Contributed to the back-end PHP/Laravel service which supports the App API as well as the website.
- Made changes to an Ionic open source plugin to get a video camera recording instance running without switching out of the app.
- Built a web tool for viewing a 3D avatar created from cameras in real life.
Developer2014 - PRESENTReal-time Graphics
- Built a windows application in C# that delays broadcast video and can upload the delayed stream to various RTMP endpoints.
- Built a windows application to monitor nine video feeds and freeze when the user taps the screen. This is being used for televised poker games.
- Provided on-site development and web stream management for televised poker games going out to Poker Central and CBS.
- Built a web app that reads in a poker game play-by-play file and reconstructs the visuals of the game on an HTML canvas element using the PhaserJS framework.
- Built a web tool to filter for tweets containing certain hashtags and allow an operator to mark them to go live-to-air.
- Provided ongoing consultation and development work to the owner of the company.
CTO2012 - PRESENTSandBoxd, Inc.
- Built the SandBoxd.com web app, which is a gaming portal for browser-based games. The app and its games run on both mobile and desktop.
- Built a virtual dom library for Haxe which is being used by SandBoxd to allow rendering pages on either the client or the server using the same code.
- Built a push message server for chat and real-time notifications on the SandBoxd web app.
- Built a multiplayer game called EverWorld, which is a real-time, infinite world MMORPG.
- Built a public API for games developed on SandBoxd.
- Built and deployed hybrid apps for EverWorld on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
Web Developer2011 - PRESENTBombardier, Inc.
- Built a web service that allows employees to bid on jobs they want to work.
- Built the algorithm that selects the weekly job each employee is to work based on the union/company collective agreement.
- Built a similar system to allocate vacation weeks for each employee for the year.
- Expanded the system to manage the supervisor's call list for overtime work based on eligibility for the job.
- Provided ongoing client support and maintenance for this system.
Web Developer2016 - 2016GSXP, LLC
Technologies: Node.js, React.js, Express.js, Sequelize, AWS
- Built a video platform using Node.js and React.js with full server-side rendering.
- Built the back-end using Node.js and Express.js with a commonly shared model and view layer between the client and server.
- Used Redux for managing the state.
- Designed and set up all services to run on Amazon Web Services.
- Services are designed for large amounts of traffic by use of caching and CDNs.
- Backed by a MySQL database in Amazon RDS.
Web Developer2014 - 2014Lollipop
- Built an interactive vehicle creator for the chevrolet.com website using the Fabric.js framework.
- Worked with a UI designer to convert the example images he sent into SASS.
Co-founder2006 - 2012GigaBlast Games
Technologies: Flash, Haxe, SmartFoxServer, Java, MINA
- Developed a multiplayer, 2D shooter game called Pawn using Flash. The server was built using SmartFoxServer.
- Managed and operated a website PawnGame.com which hosted millions of players.
- Worked with the owner of CrazyMonkeyGames.com, who did promotion for the game on his site.
- Built a sequel multiplayer, 2D game called Pawn: Tactics using Flash and Apache MINA in Java.
- Built a third multiplayer, 2D game called Zed using Haxe compiled to Flash.
- Built a game asset management tool using Java and Swing.
- Dealt with security and obfuscation to prevent or deter cheating in all games.
- Implemented a hash-based pathfinding algorithm for fast pathfinding in the Zed game.
- Wrote a lighting GPU shader for Zed which cast shadows on walls when objects obscured your flashlight.