Senior Database Administrator2016 - 2020Apex Supply Chain Technology
Technologies: Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Oracle, Azure SQL Databases
- Migrated an existing app database using Oracle 11g to Microsoft SQL Server hosted on Azure. The tasks involved a lot of details—converting exiting schemas to their equivalent in Microsoft SQL Server and data type conversion with minimal data loss.
- Identified poorly performing data structures, procedures, and application workflows; then optimized the stored procedures, updated the applications workflows with the appropriate development team which resulted a 100% application performance gain.
- Aligned with DevOps' overall goal to achieve continuous integration and deployment, and completed the automated deployment of MySQL database into AWS Aurora infrastructure with the use of flyway and multi-branch Jenkins pipelines.
Senior Database Administrator2008 - 2016Construct Connect
Technologies: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Database Replication, T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Architected and implemented the new OLTP databases for the company that would sustain the future growth of the organization.
- Ensured that all platforms could link all customer data (regardless of platform) to become one seamless app. Assessed the needed infrastructure for all data and installed and configured SQL Server to consolidate various databases.
- Implemented a process and solution for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Built utility SQL servers on virtual and clustered machines to consolidate various application SQL servers—resulting in a streamlined administration, license, and hardware cost savings of $20,000.
- Created analytic reports, heat maps, and forecasting models for infrastructure capacity planning using SCOM data warehouse in conjunction with additional performance statistic sources. This optimized the budget and capacity planning process.
- Delivered a seamless customer experience across two platforms using Service Broker allowing the network to exist for customers using two different platforms.