- FounderDataSense Business Intelligence2011 - PRESENT
Technologies: SQL Server, Microsoft BI, Tableau, SSAS/SSIS/SSRS
- Helped dozens of corporate clients meet their business intelligence and data warehousing needs.
- Worked with IT as well as business users from finance, sales, operations all the way to C-level executives.
- Designed and implemented data warehousing systems using SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Planned and delivered end-to-end automated reporting solutions using Tableau, Microsoft BI, and PowerBI.
- Participated in project planning, system planning, user adoption, training, and maintenance procedures.
- Enterprise Reporting ConsultantDeloitte2012 - 2013
Technologies: Tableau, SQL, Excel, Macros
- Worked with North American banks and other Deloitte clients to design and build end-to-end financial reporting systems.
- Worked with the risk management office to implement specialized risk-assessment solutions.
- Worked directly with business end-users to plan projects, gather requirements, plan UAT activities, and deliver training.
- Data Warehouse ArchitectIovate Health Sciences2010 - 2011
Technologies: Financial Planning & Analysis
- Collaborated with business analysts and developers to create specifications and project plans.
- Contributed to major projects for sales, finance, marketing, operations, and demand planning.
- Worked with developers to implement end-to-end data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
- Designed and implemented processes to extract and consolidate data from source systems.
- Designed and implemented reports, graphs, and dashboards to provide reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Sr. Business Intelligence ConsultantClarity Systems2008 - 2010
Technologies: SQL, Oracle, Microsoft BI Stack, Reporting & Dashboarding
- Managed and coordinated project activities to deliver high-quality financial solutions to major North American clients on time and within budget.
- Created a statement of work documents, business requirement documents, proposals, and project plans.
- Designed solutions using relational databases, OLAP, ETL tools, and reporting tools.
- Led project implementation and provided direction, management, and mentoring to the project team.
- Strengthened client relationships and identified new opportunities for revenue generation with existing clients.
- Data Integration/Data Warehouse ConsultantIBM Corporation2006 - 2008
Technologies: SQL Server, Oracle, Data Warehousing, CDC Data Replication
- Traveled in North America and Europe during the pre-sales and implementation phases and met with high-value customers to gather information on environments, field use-scenarios, and work on systems integration, data warehousing, business intelligence projects, and POCs using InfoSphere CDC.
- Participated as the InfoSphere subject-matter expert for very large-scale Telecom projects involving 50+ active personnel and 40 million active end users.
- Established contacts within customer organizations to facilitate the flow of information in order to analyze customer environments, anticipate problems, and identify project opportunities.
- Performed studies to understand vendor-specific database behaviors (archive logs, database internals, algorithms, etc.) for DB2, Oracle, and SQL Server, among others.
- Database DeveloperDataMirror Corporation2005 - 2006
Technologies: Java, MS SQL, SSRS
- Developed database automation tools.
- Participated in the release of a transformation server for SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, z/OS, and AS400. Worked to draft the requirements and developed the automation code for new features.
- Created and updated smoke, TFE, regression, performance, stress, and longevity test scenarios.
- Created tools to track customer use scenarios, identify bottlenecks, and improve usability and performance.
- Program ManagerMicrosoft Corporation2004 - 2005
- Evaluated and collected business requirements from stakeholders for developing new features.
- Defined the scope, designed new features, and created functional specifications and prototypes.
- Worked with software developers and QA analysts to take features from inception to completion.