Founder2011 - PRESENTDataSense Business Intelligence
Technologies: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Sisense, Tableau, Microsoft BI Stack, Azure, Microsoft SQL Server
- Helped dozens of corporate clients meet their business intelligence and data warehousing needs.
- Worked with IT as well as business users from finance, sales, and operations all the way to C-level executives.
- Designed and implemented data warehousing systems using SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Planned and delivered end-to-end automated reporting solutions using Tableau, Microsoft BI, and PowerBI.
- Participated in project planning, system planning, user adoption, training, and maintenance procedures.
Enterprise Reporting Consultant2012 - 2013Deloitte
Technologies: Macros, Excel, SQL, Tableau
- Worked with North American banks and other Deloitte clients to design and build end-to-end financial reporting systems.
- Worked with the risk management office to implement specialized risk-assessment solutions.
- Worked directly with business end-users to plan projects, gather requirements, plan UAT activities, and deliver training.
Data Warehouse Architect2010 - 2011Iovate Health Sciences
Technologies: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Collaborated with business analysts and developers to create specifications and project plans.
- Contributed to major projects for sales, finance, marketing, operations, and demand planning.
- Worked with developers to implement end-to-end data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
- Designed and implemented processes to extract and consolidate data from source systems.
- Designed and implemented reports, graphs, and dashboards to provide reporting and analysis capabilities.
Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant2008 - 2010Clarity Systems
Technologies: Microsoft BI Stack, Oracle, SQL
- Managed and coordinated project activities to deliver high-quality financial solutions to major North American clients on time and within budget.
- Created a statement of work documents, business requirement documents, proposals, and project plans.
- Designed solutions using relational databases, OLAP, ETL tools, and reporting tools.
- Led project implementation and provided direction, management, and mentoring to the project team.
- Strengthened client relationships and identified new opportunities for revenue generation with existing clients.
Data Integration/Data Warehouse Consultant2006 - 2008IBM Corporation
Technologies: CDC, Data Warehousing, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Traveled in North America and Europe during the pre-sales and implementation phases and met with high-value customers to gather information on environments, generate field use scenarios, and work on systems integration, data warehousing, business intelligence projects, and POCs using InfoSphere CDC.
- Participated as the InfoSphere subject matter expert for very large-scale Telecom projects involving 50+ active personnel and 40 million active end users.
- Established contacts within customer organizations to facilitate the flow of information in order to analyze customer environments, anticipate problems, and identify project opportunities.
- Performed studies to understand vendor-specific database behaviors (archive logs, database internals, algorithms, etc.) for DB2, Oracle, and SQL Server, among others.
Database Developer2005 - 2006DataMirror Corporation
Technologies: SSRS, Microsoft SQL Server, Java
- Developed database automation tools.
- Participated in the release of a transformation server for SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, z/OS, and AS400. Worked to draft the requirements and developed the automation code for new features.
- Created and updated smoke, TFE, regression, performance, stress, and longevity test scenarios.
- Created tools to track customer use scenarios, identify bottlenecks, and improve usability and performance.
Program Manager2004 - 2005Microsoft Corporation
- Evaluated and collected business requirements from stakeholders for developing new features.
- Defined the scope, designed new features, and created functional specifications and prototypes.
- Worked with software developers and QA analysts to take features from inception to completion.