Assistant Professor2011 - 2017Qassim University
Technologies: Python, Matlab, C, C++, C#, R, Django, Latex, Microsoft Excel, EMC Cloud Infrastructure and Services, Torch
- Taught courses in Computer Organization/ Assembly Language, Computer Architecture, Microprocessor Systems, Intelligent Systems and Robotics, iOS Programming, and Signals and Systems. Advise Senior Projects. Serve as chair of Study Plan and ABET Accreditation Committees.
- Incorporated real world research and industry data into classroom instruction allowing students to exceed academic standards and prepare for careers in computer Engineering.
- Designed and implemented Quality Assurance systems for the CEN department. Developed QA standards and test plans for audits.
- Obtained ABET accreditation in record time. Designed new curriculum to educate engineering students in modern computer systems and attain programmatic or technical leadership roles in an organization.
- Redesigned the CEN department study plan to exceed academic standards and provide students with relevant coursework.
- Published five journal papers and three IEEE conference papers while working on several future journal papers and patent applications in Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning.
Lecturer2007 - 2011King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
Technologies: C, C++, C#, Matlab, Weka, FPGA, Verilog, VHDL, Latex
- Taught courses in Computer Science. Served on various department committees.
- Developed department standards for approving courses under Open Course Initiative.
- Led website redesign project for more than 40 CEN faculty and staff members.
- Published four journal papers, two U.S. patents, and five conference papers related to the field of pattern recognition and machine learning.
- Wrote grant applications and awarded funding for four research projects in the fields of Pattern Recognition and Document Analysis.
Lecturer2005 - 2007Princess Sumaya University for Technology
Technologies: Assembly, C, C++, Matlab, VHDL, Verilog
- Taught undergraduate level courses in Computer Organization, Assembly Language, Logic and Computer Lab, Microprocessors, Computer Architecture, and Microprocessors Lab.
- Founded and served as advisor for Robotics Club.
- Redesigned and authored new user manual for the microprocessor lab.