Verified Expert in Engineering
React and Full-stack Developer
Sami is a full-stack developer with 5+ years of experience, specializing in building front ends using React, React Native, and GraphQL. He excels at converting any design to a pixel-perfect implementation using React or React Native. Sami has built web and mobile apps as a sole developer, team member, or team leader, filling whichever role was needed. He has also designed back ends for simple applications using SQL, Firebase, and Hasura.
PyCharm, IntelliJ IDEA, Windows, Hasura, GraphQL, React, React Native, Prettier, TypeScript, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've done was to fully design a drag & drop, real-time analytics solution that could scale to 5 TB per month of ingested data on a single node.
- Started an education service where I have helped engineers with over 200 hours in sessions in the web development field.
- Helped build a Decentraland game, which got 500-1000 daily active players.
- Built a research platform for a client that saved the client over 40 hours a week so far on data organization and formatting.
- Created an NFT development service where I built NFT collections for clients and created custom Solidity contracts.
- Developed a video education platform where customers pay for a monthly or yearly subscription using Stripe to access courses and educational material.
- Developed two React-based games for the Hathora open-source project.
- Designed a real-time analytics solution that reduced debugging time for client engineers from weeks to hours.
- Led a mobile development project with four other engineers to build a connected vehicle application that allows clients' end-users to interact with their vehicles using both the internet and BLE.
- Built the front-end deployment pipeline using GitLab CI/CD, AWS S3, and Amazon CloudFront.
- Implemented NX to put all front-end code in a monorepo, including React and React Native projects and libraries.
- Designed GraphQL back ends using Hasura and PostgreSQL for different client applications.
- Developed custom native modules for a React Native app to better integrate music and call management into a mobile app.
- Worked closely with clients and third-party vendors to coordinate integration across different services.
CTO & Co-founder
- Led the revamp of a mobile app to enhance the user experience.
- Built an analytics solution to help users track marketing referrals.
- Oversaw the development and release of the app into the App Store.
- Developed a delivery app that was used by the company's drivers to navigate to and place products in stores.
- Collaborated with warehouse management and drivers to improve the product.
- Went out into the field with drivers to capture feedback and improve the user experience.
Associate Senior Software Engineer
- Designed a metric automation solution for the LightsOn team, which reduced the time to add new metrics from three sprints to a single sprint.
- Led the development of a customizable dashboard for client executives to track OKR items.
- Introduced React into the solution tech stack, which improved development time for new features relative to Angular.
TypeScript in Blockchainhttps://github.com/Shooksie/ts-sf-chain
The app was developed in one day and has achieved a total of nine thousand users with over 100 purchases in under a month.
React, Styled-jsx, D3.js, Node.js, Web3.js
Hasura, PostgreSQL, ClickHouse
Software Development, Web App Development, Front-end, OpenAI, Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 (GPT-3), Prettier, Back-end Design, Mobile Apps, Timescale, Mobile App Development, APIs, Styled-components, Data Visualization, Mobile UX, System Architecture, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Last Mile Logistics, BizCharts, Bluetooth, Non-fungible Tokens (NFT), Education, Web Video, Solana, SaaS
PyCharm, IntelliJ IDEA, Amazon Cognito, Plotly, Canvas, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Figma
Agile, Scrum, Database Design
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows, MacOS, Mapbox, Bluetooth LE
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Missouri - Kansas City, MO, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring