- CTO | Full-stack Developer | Founder2015 - 2017Uguru.me
Technologies: Flask, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, Flask-RESTful, AWS SQS, SES, SNS, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, EFS, S3
- Built, shipped, and scaled a full-stack web application that serviced a college student P2P marketplace.
- Integrated deeply within AWS infrastructure to accommodate for over 20,000 active college students across 200 top U.S. universities.
- Developed student and tutor profiles that were highly customizable, leveraging EFS for an elastic file system wrapped by Jinja2 templating, with S3 for static asset hosting.
- Built the stack using test-driven development and utilized Selenium for E2E testing for the client interface.
- Implemented a nearly real-time chat messaging by using AWS SNS and SQS while leveraging polling techniques from the browser.
- Heavily utilized the Stripe API for both ends of the marketplace; payments/charges and transfers/bank account recipients.
- In-house Full-stack Developer (contract)2014 - 2015500 Startups
Technologies: Python Stack, Flask, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, jQuery, HTML, CSS
- Assisted multiple startups without a formal CTO in architecting the MVP applications or upcoming features.
- Primarily built baseline applications using production-friendly tools and frameworks centered around the Python stack.
- Strictly followed TDD principles using primarily celery with nearly 100% unit-test coverage.
- Designed several RESTful APIs for either web applications or microservices.
- Full-stack Developer | Project Manager2013 - 2013LearnStreet
Technologies: Flask, Angular, SQLite, SQLAlchemy
- Built an internal analytics platform for tracking user data in real-time, primarily using Flask and SQLite.
- Implemented a triggered event email notification system to alert team members of the analytics (daily, weekly, monthly) and goal progress.
- Conducted end-to-end and performance stress testing of the built tools.
- Front-end Developer | Project Manager2012 - 2012
- Developed a Chrome extension to showcase the benefits of including web intents to developers on popular websites that leverage share functionality.
- Managed a hybrid onsite/remote team of four developers across back-end, web, and mobile.
- Implemented an internationalization tool for the website and a Chrome extension named Web Intents.
- Full-stack Developer2010 - 2012edX.org | UC Berkeley Computer Science Department
Technologies: Flask, Flask-RESTful, PostgreSQL, CloudFront, S3
- Implemented many REST-based web services to hook into the edX CRM and deliver the static content and curriculum.
- Created numerous content management tools and custom extensions on top of the edX CMS to allow for a smoother instructional experience.
- Built an admin interface for the course instructor to update lessons, assignments, and quizzes.
- Made a push-based notification system to alert students of announcements.
- Embedded the visual-based programming language (called Snap!) of the course within the edX CMS.
- CWrote server-monitoring scripts to track student usage of the edX platform.
- Implemented a custom edX integration to allow for students to file bugs, issues, or suggestions.
- Software Developer2011 - 2011Yahoo!
- Ran MapReduce jobs in Java and Pig scripts through Hadoop on the Y! Grid.
- Developed big data pipelines primarily focusing on Hadoop, HDFS, and Pig scripting.
- Worked with one of the Berkeley researchers responsible for the development of Apache Spark (M. Zaharia).