Director of Technology2020 - PRESENTNoir Gallery
Technologies: TypeScript, Web Design, Svelte, React, Datomic, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Clojure
- Led a team to build a beautiful new eCommerce website using Stripe to manage payments.
- Saved the team hours everyday by building a synchronization system to centralize orders from several sales channels, and built internal systems to fulfill and send orders to multiple manufacturing partners.
- Wrote a query optimizer in Clojure for the Datomic database to eliminate issues caused by slow queries generated by a typescript-based Datomic ORM tool.
- Learned hard lessons on building software in a startup environment. I internalized the process of the learn startup and learned to prioritize shipping an MVP above building non-essential features.
React Web Developer2019 - 2020Stuff4Hire
Technologies: Jira, Redux, React
- Took the reigns from another developer and launched the startup's first product in beta.
- Continued to refactor the codebase and build out new features to prepare for version 1.0.
- Provided notes on technologies and patterns used with the existing codebase, and developed a plan to bring the codebase to a stable point for production.
- Utilized Jira and worked with the founders and QA team members to build out new features.
Solo Venture2018 - 2019Raft
- Built a toolkit for React that enables live previews of individual components to enable faster development.
- Worked on a research project to build a programming language and IDE to enable better debugging and development.
- Paused working on this project at the end of 2019 to work with Noir Gallery after realizing that this project was highly ambitious and required venture funding, but it was one of the most fulfilling and challenging periods of my career.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2018HubSpot
- Led the front‐end development of HubSpot's cross‐object reporting builder by managing dependencies and contributing to codebases across multiple teams.
- Contributed and led many other projects to level‐up HubSpot's report‐building tools.
- Gave code reviews and helped co‐workers learn & level up their skills.
Web App Developer2016 - 2017Intelligen.Energy
- Developed web components to give customers instant estimates of their savings by using solar energy.
- Designed and developed portal to provide financing to energy developers across the country.
- Built a social network based on an enterprise framework to accelerate communication between negotiating parties and internal company communication.
IT and Development Consultant2014 - 2015EthoSolar USA
- Developed and designed tools to generate solar installation quotes for solar customers.
- Trained team members in web development techniques to aid in inbound marketing strategy.
- Improved internal tooling with custom web apps and process automation.
Web Developer2012 - 2015Freelance Web Development
- Developed websites and tools for clients while honing my skills via Wordpress CMS, with PHP and the web stack.
- Built a custom intuitive website editor to edit text throughout a custom Wordpress theme without aid from a developer.