Data Engineer2021 - PRESENTFreelance (Toptal Clients)
Technologies: Oracle, Oracle Application Express (APEX), PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Python, Google Cloud, Data Warehousing, Jira, Trello, Docker
- Migrated an Oracle APEX application and data warehouse to a new AWS RDS instance, tuning queries and optimizing database tables, such as partitioning and indexes. Tracked tasks and progress using Trello.
- Optimized queries, databases, and server settings for querying and processing millions of records daily for a financial services company; dockerized a server running an integration application; and used Jira to track and report progress.
- Assisted a retail company in migrating from Microsoft SQL to PostgreSQL and optimizing indexes and server configuration settings.
Technical Solution Architect2021 - 2021International Workplace Group (IWG)
Technologies: C#, Azure, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, Databricks, SQL, Azure SQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Jira
- Designed a solution to unify customer access to business centers and rooms and identify related services, such as printing and coffee. The solution impacted 200,000 customers in phase one and two million in phase two.
- Created a technical documentation template on Confluence and migrated the existing solutions to it.
- Became a central technical reference for all solutions used in the business centers and worked with other solution architects and enterprise architects to create conventions and standards.
Head of Software Development | Database Administrator2014 - 2020Learnlight
Technologies: C#, PostgreSQL, Node.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Docker, JasperReports, Agile, Confluence, Bitbucket, GraphQL, PL/pgSQL, SQL, ETL, Data Warehousing, Jira
- Created new code and moved problematic NHibernate queries from the main application to PL/pgSQL stored procedures. This increased application performance by 230% while the number of students increased by 300% in the same period.
- Collaborated with the product team to translate business requirements into technical requirements and assisted in developing complex database functions.
- Tailored an Agile-based project management methodology, using sprints, Jira, and Confluence. Implemented CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Migrated the platform to AWS, adding fault tolerance, high availability, environment separation, and load balancing.
Solution Architect | Project Manager2010 - 2013Spring Global
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Services, SAP Process Integration (PI), SAP BusinessObjects Data Service (BODS), Confluence, Project Management Professional (PMP), ETL, Data Integration, SQL, Data Modeling, Jira
- Developed sales automation solutions for Unilever, retail marketing for Procter & Gamble, and mobile banking for Santander and ItauBBA, supporting almost 500,000 users in total.
- Led and coordinated multiple teams of 3-21 developers located in Brazil and Colombia for multiple projects, using Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft Project.
- Worked closely with the client's technical team, designing complex integrations using batch files and web services.
Senior Software Developer | Team Leader2006 - 2010Spring Global
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, Java, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Data Modeling, APIs, Web Services, Data Warehousing
- Developed sales automation solutions for companies, including Capel (beverages), Coopeuch (fintech), Bosch, and L'Oreal, increasing sales efficiency by 23%.
- Built a retail marketing solution for Carrefour, allowing merchandisers to research and report product pricing using PDAs.
- Developed a field services solution for SKY (Satellite TV), allowing technicians to manage work orders and communicate instantly with dispatch.
- Supported live applications, optimizing database queries and reports.