Objective-C Developer in New York, NY, United States
Member since August 2, 2016
Sam has been focusing on iOS development for over seven years, on top of extensive full-stack experience. He's helped launch web and mobile startups, and his solo apps have been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times and reached top lists in the App Store; one was a Staff Pick. He takes pride in owning a product from start to finish, making sure the UX is polished and the code is solid.
iOS Contractor2015 - 2016NexTravel
Technologies: Swift, iOS
- Designed and built the iOS app, which allows people to search for and book flights, hotels, and cars.
- Collaborated with the server engineer to help design a RESTful JSON API.
iOS Developer2013 - 2015Wink, Inc.
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS, watchOS, Ruby on Rails, ZigBee, Z-Wave
- Built large sections of the home automation platform app, which communicated with back-end servers, local devices, and third-party APIs.
- Built the first version of the watchOS app.
- Assisted with occasional server work.
- Prototyped experimental features, like iBeacon support, voice control, and dynamic contextual interfaces.
- Helped design and build a framework for interacting with diverse devices (both local and remote) with a consistent interface.
iOS and Web Developer2012 - 2012Yelli
Technologies: Objective-C, Ruby on Rails, iOS
- Built over half of the website.
- Assisted with the website's relaunch.
- Designed and built the accompanying iOS app.
Web Developer2008 - 2009RepairPal
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Heroku, MySQL
- Helped finish the website as a contractor and stayed on as a full-time employee.
- Helped with the site's public launch.
Web Developer2006 - 2008Spock
- Built a large portion of the website.
- Hired and led a four-person web development team.
- Dealt with database scaling issues.
- Assisted with the site's public launch.
- NexTravel (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nextravel/id1098361345
An iOS app for a corporate travel company.
- Wink (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wink-smart-home/id719287124
A mobile IoT and home automation platform.
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), Protocol-Oriented Programming
PlatformsiOS, MacOS, watchOS
FrameworksUIkit, Ruby on Rails (RoR), ZURB Foundation, Bootstrap, WatchKit, AppKIt, Core Data
Libraries/APIsAlamofire, jQuery, Facebook API, ThinkingSphinx, Core Animation, Core Image, HealthKit
ToolsAdobe Photoshop, Git, Xcode
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, MongoDB
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science1997 - 2002Caltech - California