Enterprise Architect Consultant | Freelancer2021 - 2022Fnality International
Technologies: Ethereum, Node.js, AWS, Go, Solution Design, Architecture
- Planned product release for a security product working closely with product owner, BAs and senior stakeholders.
- Planned and delivered a API roadmap taking input from investor meetings. This included details on dependencies, delivery order and future decision points.
- Worked with product team to prioritise functionality needed for resiliency for MVP requirements needed for the Bank of England.
Integration Architect | Freelancer2021 - 2021Emerald Group Publishing
Technologies: Business Analysis, TOM, IT Strategy, TOGAF, Benchmark Analysis, Global Strategy, Architecture
- Conducted a strategic review of all the integrations within the organization to ensure they are fit for purpose and support the business with its strategic aims.
- Created and agreed on a set of integration patterns to be used for future governance and to ensure best practices are followed in future integration designs.
- Established a set of best practices for integration design based upon industry best practices and aligned to the business strategy needed for the organization.
- Pinpointed the top pain points in the current application estate and potential activities and projects to remediate them with recommendations.
Solution Architect Consultant | Freelancer2021 - 2021Lloyd's
Technologies: Azure, Azure Service Bus, TOGAF, Architecture
- Led a solution on a regulatory reporting project for IFRS17. Worked closely with a SAAS vendor and project team to design and delivery a solution to tight timelines.
- Acted as lead architect on the customer reporting portal that formed a critical part of the organization's transformation program. This involved working closely with a third-party system integrator to produce and curate low-level designs.
- Ensured all project open source tools met the relevant security testing standards for compliance with the Lloyds security team. Needed to get approval from governance boards for new tooling at times.
Digital Solution Architect Consultant2020 - 2021Halfords Group
Technologies: Azure, Microservices Architecture, API Integration, Supply Chain, SAP FIN-FSCM, SAP Warehouse Management System (WMS), SQL, Business Intelligence (BI), Architecture, Full-stack, Scalable Architecture, Web Development, Software Design
- Acted as the lead architect on a digital transformation program leading the discovery, design, and implementation of an order management system based upon the Azure platform.
- Created a roadmap and agreed with senior stakeholders on the priority of delivery, including prioritizing key business areas according to organizational priority needs.
- Established new ways of working with the integrated design team onshore and offshore, leading to more responsive deliveries of code releases.
- Led workshops to progress designs and also backlog feature delivery. Ensured they were carefully structured and planned to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Integration Architect | Freelancer2020 - 2020HM Courts and Tribunals Service
Technologies: Azure, .NET 4, PRINCE2, Architecture
- Led the hearings management interface project. Architecturally managed the design and ensured Azure API platform and API interfaces followed best practices, which is one of the core building blocks of the future hearings program.
- Ensured all projects aligned closely by working with other architects and delivery managers on common design and dependencies. I was the solution architect for the wider future hearings program.
- Established low-level design document standards, which were agreed upon and adopted by all of the implementation and wider program teams.
Enterprise Digital Solution Architect2017 - 2020JAGUAR LAND ROVER
Technologies: WSO2 API Manager, Magento, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Big Data, IoT Security, REST, Solution Design, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Big Data Architecture, SOTA, Architecture, Full-stack, Scalable Architecture, Web Development
- Integrated and applied the architecture on several eCommerce and online portal projects defining patterns and building solutions using best practices.
- Established and ran an API design clinic that helped answer project queries and helped ensure projects correctly. Used APIs within their designs for appropriate use cases.
- Created and ran an API design and development estimating service, which the wider organization adopted. This involved working closely with the development partner to ensure all factors were correctly accounted for within the estimator.
- Defined governance process, documentation, and standards for a new WS02-based API management stack. Creating documentation with Swagger and to the Open API standard.
- Upskilled permanent staff members on RESTful design and microservice architecture. Designed and integrated Google GCP microservices using REST-based APIs.
Solution Architect | Freelancer2015 - 2016Wesleyan Assurance Society
Technologies: Oracle, .NET 3, SAPIANS, Policy Administration, Business Analysis, Solution Design, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), IT Strategy, TOM, SQL, Product Licensing, Architecture, Full-stack, Software Design, Technical Leadership
- Managed a systems replacement project as the solution design lead. Migrated policy administration systems off a mainframe to a new administration platform. Benefits were a £500,000 yearly license cost-saving and supplier support for a new platform.
- Led the design of a new Oracle SOA service for Quoting products to integrate with a new MS Dynamics CRM and MS Azure-based system. Business benefits were a lower cost to serve customers.
- Led the design for a Solvency II Pillar 3 controls and reporting solution.
Solution Architect | Freelancer2014 - 2015Leicestershire County Council
Technologies: .NET 2, Oracle, Educational Portals, Java, Procurement, SQL, Product Licensing, Team Management, Architecture
- Acted as the technical lead on several projects, including social care data sharing and capita SIMS upgrades, running workshops, and producing technical designs.
- Led procurements for new technology packages and managed their implementation in conjunction with an extensive transformation program.
- Helped save over £200,000 through procuring and implementing more cost-effective software and hardware.
- Trialed and documented new eProcurement processes that help streamline the overall strategy, reducing the time to procure new software and services.
Senior Technical Architect | Freelancer2013 - 2014Babcock
Technologies: IT Project Management, .NET 2, Business Analysis, QA Testing, Solution Design, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Team Management, Architecture, Technical Leadership
- Led and managed the design and delivery of a .NET-based baggage messaging system. This was part of a successful five million pound refurbishment of Heathrow T2A.
- Documented the existing baggage software and helped introduce release management processes to improve the rollout of new software releases.
- Devised a process of ensuring software releases were rolled out efficiently to all the relevant program stakeholders.
Technical Project Manager | Freelancer2012 - 2013Thomson Reuters
Technologies: IT Project Management, Agile Sprints, QA Leadership, Offshore Team Management, Technical Leadership
- Managed an offshore remote delivery and QA team to develop a release of an FX SPOT trading GUI tool to incorporate Dodd-Frank regulatory changes.
- Worked closely with architects and product teams to plan releases. This resulted in release planning to be more effective with input from all the relevant SMEs.
- Managed to significantly reduce the bug fix backlog for some essential FX products.
Solution Delivery Architect2010 - 2012Accenture
Technologies: Oracle, SAP BI, Business Analysis, Solution Design, TOM, Web Development, Technical Leadership
- Collaborated effectively with telecoms, finance, oil and gas, utilities, and public sector clients.
- Created enterprise architecture blueprints for BG Group to standardize their estate. This resulted in several strategic projects being identified to maximize the effectiveness of their IT capabilities.
- Designed SOA services communicating through IBM Datapower for a government client. Worked effectively with a distributed team to plan and execute the software releases.
- Managed the retail channel solution for Vodafone as the architect. Integrated their retail channel using Oracle Fusion and performing governance. Managed C-level stakeholder communication and worked closely with technical SMEs.