BI and Database Architect2018 - PRESENTConfidential
Technologies: Azure, SQL Server, Data Lake, MSBI, Power BI, Big Data
- Prototyped a continuous streaming ETL requirement with the help of SQL Server CDC, Azure Event Hub, and Azure Stream Analytics Job. SQL Server CDC to capture changed data and event hub and stream analytics services will push data from the source to destination data sources.
- Implemented sharding and partitioning in Azure SQL Database based on use cases.
- Designed a data lake architecture and a partitioning strategy to store historical data.
- Innovated and researched different options to implement SMART ETL Metadata Driven concept.
- Designed and developed different analytical/operational dashboards and historical reports in SSRS and Power BI.
Freelance Database Specialist2018 - 2018CartHook, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MySQL, Aurora, Percona Tool, Database Migration, RDS
- Designed and implemented a strategy for character encoding changes in MySQL all without downtime.
- Evaluated a one-way replica feature of Aurora RDS replica for zero downtime.
- Dynamically generated a script for modifications of a large number of tables to increase turnaround time.
- Prepared a dynamic script for verification of content before and after migration.
- Suggested best practices for a MySQL table design for better performance.
- Handled the migration activity from end-to-end in the staging and production environments.
DBA Lead | DB Architect2016 - 2018Confidential
Technologies: AWS, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, SQL Server, Redshift, MySQL, Spark, Hive, Presto, Kylin
- Evaluated different NoSQL databases and selected them based on project requirements.
- Created a multitenant and scalable schema design using MySQL and Aurora RDS.
- Architected and implemented a data lake using Spark, Hive, and EMR Hadoop.
- Designed and implemented Redshift DW as a central data store.
Business Intelligence (BI) Lead2013 - 2016Cognizant
Technologies: SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, DBA
- Led a team of four individuals in the implementation of different BI solutions for a healthcare's core systems; specifically implemented a central DW and SSAS cube.
- Built SSRS reporting solutions for different clients.
- Designed and prototyped scorecard/dashboard management reporting systems for claims turnaround time and processor’s productivity reports.
- Implemented reconciliation reports to compare data across different source systems—resulting in significant FTE savings and increased SLA.
- Managed the smooth transition from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2014 reports and SSRS to PowerBI for multiple clients.
- Created an ETL solution using SSIS packages.
- Designed the packages in order to extract data from SQL/Sybase database, flat files, and then loaded into a SQL server database.
- Designed ETL packages with the SSIS framework. It deals with different data sources (SQL server, flat files, and Excel) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL server integration services.
- Migrated number of DTS packages (SQL 2000) to SQL Server 2012 SSIS database.
- Developed and designed a data warehouse/cube.
- Created a relational database design for a claims-and-financial data warehouse. With the help of ETL packages, the data gets loaded into a centralized data warehouse.
- Designed different measure groups and dimensions; also implemented MDX scripts for a number of reports.
- Implemented an ad-hoc reporting solution with the help of SSAS for the finance DW.
Database Developer | Database Administrator (DBA)2011 - 2013Persistent Systems Limited
Technologies: SQL Server, MongoDB, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MySQL
- Gained significant hands-on experience in database schema design and complex stored procedures. Was also exposed to different BI development tools and DW development.
- Designed and developed more than 50+ tables; all the tables were indexed and tuned, then de-normalized when necessary to improve performance.
- Developed more than 100 stored procedures complete with parameters, RETURN values, complex multi-table JOINs and cursors.
- Performance-tested, troubleshot, and optimized using SQL profiler, execution plans, and DMVs.
- Implemented database mirroring, log shipping, and transaction replication as a high availability solution for different customers as per requirements specified in SLA.
- Designed a collections schema in MongoDB for unstructured data from social networks; also automated the data flow process for real-time data.
- Performed query tuning for reports developed in SQL server to reduce the response time by 60% in some cases.
- Designed and developed an engagement analysis schema on top of an existing framework.
- Wrote analysis reports—using the open source reporting tool JasperSoft—to provide accurate reports about activities.