Verified Expert in Engineering
Sandro is a software developer with broad domain knowledge in web systems, ERP, CRM, sales front-ends, software security, programming languages, and low-level systems software. As a freelancer since 2001, he has been active in the .NET community for over 17 years and has made some novel contributions to programming language theory and practice.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Visual Studio, Linux, Windows
The most amazing...
...innovation is a mechanistic translation of ML modules and higher-kinded types to .NET's type system. This led to the innovation known as "Object Algebras."
- Performed full-stack development for a shop floor-level data entry portal used by operators in a continuously running factory.
- Prototyped some computer vision algorithms to automate the input of sophisticated technical data by non-technical users.
- Implemented real-time monitoring of manufacturing operations, machine downtime, and production yield statistics.
- Integrated the data entry portal with a legacy inventory management system.
Senior Software Developer
Spring Air Systems
- Performed full-stack development for web-based specifications and quoting software, enabling sales reps across North America to design a commercial kitchen, replacing an old FoxPro-based system distributed by mail on floppy disks and CDs since 1992.
- Owned the full-stack development and ongoing management of customer relations management (CRM), order processing, ERP, and supply chain back ends that seamlessly integrate with the sales front end.
- Integrated this back end with Microsoft Dynamics Nav accounting software.
- Worked on a software service that creates AutoCAD schematics from kitchen specifications, streamlining the laborious manual drawings, decreasing turnaround time from design to production, and saving millions of dollars.
- Tackled difficult optimization problems with significant business impact using various min/max algorithms.
- Managed teams of up to four developers that maintained and extended the above systems.
- Implemented field service and ticketing systems to help sales reps, head office, and customers submit and track problems.
- Crafted a custom Linux image tailored to coursework for electronics and software technician courses at Humber College.
- Deployed the custom Linux image to 30+ Raspberry Pis that were hosted in the Humber data center.
- Deployed and managed a ZeroTier VPN so each student can access their Pi from anywhere.
- Wrote a PHP front-end program allowing students to sign up to a course, at which point they would be allocated a hosted Raspberry Pi from the data center.
- Created a PHP front-end for course administrators and teachers to manage their students, and allow them to revoke or otherwise manage the set of allocated Raspberry Pis.
- Prototyped some custom software for budgeting, project management and data center design.
- Created web portals for Nortel intranet services.
- Worked in the "Computers for Schools" program, where we refurbished and recycled donated computer hardware for schools across Ontario.
- Deployed a multimedia classroom consisting of 20+ Macintosh computers with screen sharing and video streaming back in the late 90s.
Automatic differentiation is a common tool applied to various machine learning and optimization problems.
.NET 4, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Web Forms, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET Core
Visual Studio, Mercurial, TortoiseGit, Dapper, Microsoft Excel, Git
Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Concurrent Programming, Object-relational Mapping (ORM)
Visual Studio 2017, Linux, Windows, Windows Server, Oracle, Raspberry Pi, Debian, Arduino, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Embedded Software, Digital Electronics
SQL Server 2012, Web Forms, Microsoft SQL Server
Entity Framework, jQuery
Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
University of Toronto - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Linux Professional Institute Level 3
Linux Professional Institute
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring