Software Developer2013 - PRESENTEdgeware Systems
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL, EntityFramework, Web forms
- Transitioned manual log entry books to an online data entry portal used by operators on a continuously running factory floor.
- Prototyped some computer vision algorithms to automate the input of sophisticated technical data by non-technical users.
- Implemented real-time monitoring of progress, operations, and machine downtime.
Software Developer2001 - PRESENTSpring Air Systems
Technologies: C#, ASP.NET, web forms, SQL, SQL Server, EntityFramework, NHibernate
- Designed and built web-based specifications and quoting software enabling sales reps across North America to remotely design commercial kitchens on site. This replaced an old FoxPro-based system that was distributed by mail on floppy disks and CDs since 1992.
- Developed customer relations management (CRM), order processing, ERP, and supply chain back end for the sales frontend.
- Integrated this backend with Microsoft Dynamics Nav accounting software.
- Built a software service that automates the production and delivery of AutoCAD schematics from the kitchen specifications entered by non-technical sales reps. This streamlined the laborious manual drawings produced by drafting technicians, which has saved millions of dollars over the past 10 years by reducing mistakes while decreasing turnaround time from specification to production.
- Tackled various difficult optimization problems with significant business impact using various min/max algorithms.
- Managed teams of up to four developers that maintained and extended the above systems.
- Implemented field service and ticketing systems to help sales reps, head office, and customers submit and track problems.
Software Developer2018 - 2019Plan Group
Technologies: VBA, Excel
- Extended and completed an incomplete and bug-ridden VBA/Excel prototype to be used for project management, time tracking and budgeting in the construction industry.
Technology Consultant2015 - 2018Humber College
Technologies: PHP, Raspberry Pi, ZeroTier, Debian, Linux
- Crafted a custom Linux image tailored to coursework for electronics and software technician courses at Humber College.
- Deployed the custom Linux image to 30+ Raspberry Pis that were hosted in the Humber data center.
- Deployed and managed a ZeroTier VPN so each student can access their Pi from anywhere.
- Wrote a PHP front-end program allowing students to sign up to a course, at which point they would be allocated a hosted Raspberry Pi from the data center.
- Created a PHP front-end for course administrators and teachers to manage their students, and allow them to revoke or otherwise manage the set of allocated Raspberry Pis.
Software Consultant2012 - 2012MMM Group
- Prototyped some custom software for budgeting, project management and data center design.
Software Intern1998 - 2000Nortel Networks
Technologies: ASP, JScript, HTML, SQL, Oracle
- Created web portals for Nortel intranet services.
- Worked in the "Computers for Schools" program, where we refurbished and recycled donated computer hardware for schools across Ontario.
- Deployed a multimedia classroom consisting of 20+ Macintosh computers with screen sharing and video streaming back in the late 90s.