Software Developer2013 - PRESENTEdgeware Systems
- Performed full-stack development for a shop floor-level data entry portal used by operators in a continuously running factory.
- Prototyped some computer vision algorithms to automate the input of sophisticated technical data by non-technical users.
- Implemented real-time monitoring of manufacturing operations, machine downtime, and production yield statistics.
- Integrated the data entry portal with a legacy inventory management system.
Senior Software Developer2001 - PRESENTSpring Air Systems
Technologies: NHibernate, Entity Framework, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Web Forms, ASP.NET, C#, ASP.NET Razor
- Performed full-stack development for web-based specifications and quoting software, enabling sales reps across North America to design a commercial kitchen, replacing an old FoxPro-based system distributed by mail on floppy disks and CDs since 1992.
- Owned the full-stack development and ongoing management of customer relations management (CRM), order processing, ERP, and supply chain back ends that seamlessly integrate with the sales front end.
- Integrated this back end with Microsoft Dynamics Nav accounting software.
- Worked on a software service that creates AutoCAD schematics from kitchen specifications, streamlining the laborious manual drawings, decreasing turnaround time from design to production, and saving millions of dollars.
- Tackled difficult optimization problems with significant business impact using various min/max algorithms.
- Managed teams of up to four developers that maintained and extended the above systems.
- Implemented field service and ticketing systems to help sales reps, head office, and customers submit and track problems.
Technology Consultant2015 - 2018Humber College
Technologies: Linux, Debian, Raspberry Pi, PHP
- Crafted a custom Linux image tailored to coursework for electronics and software technician courses at Humber College.
- Deployed the custom Linux image to 30+ Raspberry Pis that were hosted in the Humber data center.
- Deployed and managed a ZeroTier VPN so each student can access their Pi from anywhere.
- Wrote a PHP front-end program allowing students to sign up to a course, at which point they would be allocated a hosted Raspberry Pi from the data center.
- Created a PHP front-end for course administrators and teachers to manage their students, and allow them to revoke or otherwise manage the set of allocated Raspberry Pis.
Software Consultant2012 - 2012MMM Group
- Prototyped some custom software for budgeting, project management and data center design.
Software Intern1998 - 2000Nortel Networks
- Created web portals for Nortel intranet services.
- Worked in the "Computers for Schools" program, where we refurbished and recycled donated computer hardware for schools across Ontario.
- Deployed a multimedia classroom consisting of 20+ Macintosh computers with screen sharing and video streaming back in the late 90s.