Python Developer in Ibiúna - São Paulo, Brazil
Full-stack Developer2014 - PRESENTToptal Clients
Technologies: Python, Node, jQuery, React, Vue, HTML, CSS, Nginx, Linux, MacOS, Windows, Databases, Django
- Developed several applications for international companies, from a simple REST app that took three days to develop to a project spanning eight months.
CEO, Lead Developer, DBA2007 - 2015Guiadobebe.com.br
Technologies: Linux, MySQL, Django, Bash, Python
- Developed a website with two million unique visitors, seven million page views, and a million emails sent per month.
- Implemented a MySQL database design.
- Developed a CMS in Django, tailored to Guiadobebe's needs.
- Installed and configured secure Linux servers.
- Developed applications and improved the site's SEO.
Founder1984 - 2015Softrent Automação Comercial ltda.
Technologies: Clipper, Barcode, Assembler, Delphi, C, Python, Relational Databases, Infrastructure
- Pioneered the use of barcodes in Brazil.
- Worked as chief developer and organizer.
- Led the development of solutions for video rental stores, for many years.
- Gained experience in running a company as a CEO, managing finances and making the main decisions.
- Trained more than a hundred employees.
- Performed consulting jobs for many companies.
Computer Science Teacher (pro bono)2005 - 2006American School in São Paulo
Technologies: Delphi, Lego Mindstorms
- Taught teenagers the fundamentals of computer science.
- Used Lego Mindstorms to help students learn basic computing.
- Used a 8086 emulator to demonstrate how a microprocessor works.
- Used Delphi to build small Windows programs illustrating logic, program flow, output, and more.
- Graded students by skill level.
- Challenge Your Understanding (via Toptal) (Development)
Project dedicated to supporting high-level discussions about any topic.
The user may participate in debates—all are moderated, and each idea can have pro/con responses. It's a meritocracy based on votes.
Main stack, Django, DjangoREST, Postgres, React
- Survey System (via Toptal) (Development)
Surveys on drivers from Lyft, Uber, and others.
The user uploads a picture of the Lyft app screen to the web site, on the background Google Vision API is used to read the text in the screen image. Based on that, some checks are made and some statistics are generated.
To incentivize the drivers to post, a fee is payed for each week that the drives upload images.
To upload, the driver must have an account.
Payments are made using a PayPal account.
Stack: Flask, React, MongoDB, Heroku, mLab
- Content Management System (Development)
Publish/remove content based on time or other criteria.
The content is organized in a tree shape and can be moved around using drag-and-drop. The pages include authentication, and plugins may be inserted in the pages. Any data model may be related with any other model.
The email system is based on templates, and integrated with the CMS. The emails sent can collect data such as clicked links and support many other features.
I will be glad to give you a demonstration!
- Solvencyii Wire (via Toptal) (Development)
Web applications to deal with financial data from European insurance companies.
- Flight Vector Tracker (via Toptal) (Development)http://flightdutytracker.com/
Control pilots’ flight time, certifications, training, etc, in a single-page app able to work offline, syncing data when an internet connection is available. Desktop, iPad, and cell phone compatible.
- CHEP Aerospace (via Toptal) (Development)
Redis cache for a Python application controlling thousands of ULDs and airplane flights.
- Smarking, Inc. (via Toptal) (Development)https://www.smarking.com/
Django REST API to allow clients to get data.
- CFMC - Qualtrics Surveys (via Toptal) (Development)https://www.qualtrics.com
Django REST framework application to tally surveys in a remote PHP client, using AWS Linux and EC2.
- A Portuguese to Portuguese Dictionary In React (Development)https://www.naduvida.com.br
Besides given meanings to words, verb conjugation, sound a like words, anagrams, syllable division, plurals—all of this is calculated and displayed in this product.
Spelling localization is included for Portuguese of Portugal and Brazil.
Django, Django REST, Nginx, Node, React
- Ad Server (Development)
Tally served banners and ads.
Controlling campaigns, by client, by time, quantity, and user geolocation. Reports are generated by client, ad campaigns, click rate, etc.
Technologies: Python, Django, jQuery, MySQL, Ubuntu, Nginx, DigitalOcean
- Newsletter Series (Development)
The goal of the system is to automatically send a series of newsletters.
The system works based on a timeline around a main event. The timeline may precede and/or succeed the event. Each milestone is associated with an email template and a number of days before or after the main event. On the due date, the email is sent.
The email templates are integrated with user profiles so that message can be personalized.
Technologies: Python, Django, jQuery, Cron, Bash, MySQL, Nginx
- Sandro is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Sandro shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksDjango, Django REST Framework, Bootstrap
Libraries/APIsjQuery, REST APIs, React, Node.js
ToolsNginx, PyCharm, Firebug, Git, Navicat
ParadigmsProcedural Programming, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
PlatformsUbuntu, DigitalOcean, Android, Firebase, MacOS, Windows
StorageMySQL, Redis, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
OtherUbuntu Server, Django-rest-auth, PWA, SPA, Google Material Design
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physics1980 - 1984Fundação Educacional de Bauru - São Paulo, Brasil
- HIPAA Privacy & Security for Business AssociatesMARCH 2019 - PRESENTEvolve E-learning Solution
- The Complete React Native and Redux CourseAUGUST 2018 - PRESENTUdemy
- Functional Programming with PythonAUGUST 2018 - PRESENTUdemy
- Toptal React AcademyJULY 2018 - PRESENTToptal