Front-end Developer2018 - 2018MIT Media Lab (via Toptal)
Technologies: Heroku, JSON, TypeScript, D3.js, Angular
- Developed an Angular 5 web application to display research data from the Skillscape project.
- Created data visualizations (bar charts, network graphs, maps) using D3.js.
- Automated build and deployment to a Heroku test site.
- Worked closely with designer to implement front-end as per Zeplin designs.
- Worked to a very tight deadline to meet a journal publication date.
- Integrated data from multiple sources into a compact, usable format (JSON).
Technologies: Compodoc, RabbitMQ, Metrics, Graphics, MongoDB, TypeScript, Express.js, Node.js, Angular
- Worked closely with the client to translate requirements into discrete user stories.
- Built a front-end application using Angular 2, TypeScript, HTML5 and Less.
- Implemented a REST API using Node.js and Express.js with a MongoDB data store.
- Built a worker process, also using Node.js, to read and process items from RabbitMQ.
- Implemented a Gulp task to build and deploy the application to Heroku.
Senior Web Developer2016 - 2016Teem Software
Technologies: MySQL, Material Design, Express.js, Node.js, Grunt, Bootstrap, Sass, CSS, HTML, AngularJS
- Led the UI design and development of a web app to simplify AWS usage for new customers as the development lead.
- Collaborated with the lead architect to define requirements and designed wireframes using Balsamiq.
- Designed and developed the web UI, using AngularJS and Google's material design principles. Implemented token-based authentication using JWTs.
- Developed a REST API using Node.js and Express.js, with a MySQL database.
Front-end Team Lead2010 - 2014Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Founded a web development guild for developers across the CommSec, CommBank and MyWealth teams. Organized regular demos and meetings to discuss latest web technologies and best practices.
- Adopted and championed Agile methodologies early on in its history.
- Proactively recommended visual design solutions to ensure the best experience for customers.
Senior Developer2010 - 2011Macquarie Group
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, NUnit, SQL Server 2008, ASP.NET, C#
- Focused on delivering quality application development and support services to internal business functions (local and global) as a senior developer in the Corporate Affairs Group IT team.
- Collaborated closely with the project manager and stakeholders to understand business problems and design flexible, reusable, and forward-thinking technical solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Introduced regular code reviews among team members.
- Worked with local and overseas teams to troubleshoot issues and coordinate testing efforts.
Senior Developer2010 - 2010Lavender Advertising
Technologies: Sitecore, LINQ to SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2005, jQuery, Ajax, ASP.NET, C#
- Designed and developed web-based solutions for high-profile clients, including Westpac and IKEA, as a member of the Lavender Digital team.
- Mentored junior developers and facilitated improved communication between the development team and project managers. Received very positive feedback from the digital director in this regard.
- Developed and designed architecture for front-to-back web applications, including web form development, business logic and database design, and IIS and database administration.
Software Developer2008 - 2009Radio Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ)
Technologies: SQL, XSLT, XML, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, MSMQ, jQuery, ASP.NET MVC, LINQ, Ajax, ASP.NET, C#
- Helped develop and support a custom, in-house content management system (http://www.rte.ie), the high-profile website of the Irish national broadcaster.
- Led the UI prototyping and development phases for the redesign of the legacy CMS system.
- Led the design and development of a replacement for the legacy CMS system.
- Researched the ASP.NET MVC framework and provided a demo and training to my team.
- Designed and developed the prototype for the UI.
- Liaised with journalists as well as production and commercial teams to gather requirements on new features and projects, communicate changes, provide training on new features, and obtain sign-offs.
- Coordinated and hosted user group meetings for requirements gathering and status updates.
- Delivered demos and presentations to users and senior management.
Software Developer and Team Lead2006 - 2008Buy4Now
Technologies: SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, Subversion (SVN), ASP.NET, C#
- Provided full-stack web development. Carried out deployments to UAT and production environments.
- Developed a source control strategy for managing development and release streams. Initiated and implemented a plan to store all database assets under source control.
- Worked closely with the project manager, as team lead, to provide technical requirements, manage client expectations, and prioritize work items and defects.
Analyst/Developer2005 - 2006Barclays Capital
Technologies: ASP.NET Web Forms, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Worked in a global team of thirteen analysts/developers based in London and Singapore, responsible for developing and supporting a trade capture system for the automated booking of equity derivatives trades.