Freelance Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTClients (via Toptal)
- Worked in a team that created an engagement platform designed exclusively for education. My responsibilities ranged from working on the front-end in AngularJS to creating a back-end API in the Play framework and creating Docker-based deployments in between.
- Developed mobile apps for one of the largest car manufacturers.
- Implemented a website in React/Gatsby that was (or still is, depending on when you read this) featured on Adidas's homepage and is heavily marketed campaign for sports coaches to teach them how to approach and keep girls in sport (keepgirlsinsport.com).
- Implemented a web app from scratch for a small business in a timber processing domain. Previously they organized and tracked their business by using very large Excel tables and files, shared through email and Dropbox and now they needed something that was more accessible and usable with a larger number of users.
Owner | Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTGeek (Sole Proprietorship)
Technologies: React, GraphQL, GatsbyJS, Vue.js, Java, Spring, Kotlin, Gradle, HTML, CSS
- Created the Hocudabudem.fit website from scratch using GatsbyJS, React, GraphQL, Netlify CMS, and hosted it on Netlify; also implemented the SEO and marketing campaigns.
- Developed a multiplayer and multiplatform soccer game.
- Built a multiplayer turn-based browser game implemented using Vue.js and Firebase platform.
- Created an open-source Kotlin-based startup template.
Software Engineer2013 - 2019Mozzart Bet
Technologies: Java, AngularJS, Vue.js, Spring, Oracle, ActiveMQ, Redis, Linux, Server Administration, Docker, HTML, CSS
- Pushed for and led the implementation of a new land-based casino system that replaced a legacy one—resulting in new business opportunities and better architecture. This system is used in more than 700 hundred betting shops and six countries and more than 3,500 gambling machines, all connected.
- Hacked a proprietary communication protocol for gambling machines on my own; after which we could make our own solution pushing out 3rd parties, cutting on expenses, and opening the doors for exciting possibilities.
- Implemented the jackpot animation and notification system on my own; which replaced a third-party solution and enabled us to push features that were never implemented by the third party. This app is used in every casino and it boosted profits and improved player experience.
- Strove continuously to improve the business and system—going beyond basic requirements and pushing the boundaries of the old enterprise system and company. Provided many proposals and solutions to more than just technical problems.
- Implemented a large part of the betting machines/terminals project. This machines are placed into betting shops or cafes. It involved integrating several hardware products, making an API, deployment system to several hundred machines on random locations, server and machine administration.
- Implemented a messaging system which allows our managers to interact with players and customers, and which also sends automated messages based on some configurable rules.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017QuadWrangle
Technologies: Java, Play Framework, Docker, MongoDB, AngularJS, Linux Administration, Cordova, HTML, CSS
- Implemented new-and-supported old features for Quadwrangle (engagement platform targeting universities).
- Developed a new deployment system using Docker.
- Integrated several different APIs.
Software Engineer | Team Lead2012 - 2013Alteatec
Technologies: Python, MySQL, ZeroMQ, Linux, Redis
- Designed the back-end architecture for a scalable, high-performing online casino system.
- Led the team which implemented the back-end from scratch. The back-end was then used by various clients, and tens of thousands of players making big profits.
- Implemented various gaming providers and communicated with external providers.
Software Engineer2008 - 2011Wowd
Technologies: Java, Linux
- Improved the app performance by profiling and optimizing a Java virtual machine.
- Created the first version of the Wowd iOS app.
- Handled QA and testing.
Associate Lecturer2009 - 2010Union University, School of Computing
Technologies: Java, Operating Systems
- Organized lectures for the operating systems class.
- Implemented various operating system parts with students in a simulator—improving their understanding and knowledge.
- Earned one of the best student evaluations given during my time there.
Software Test Engineer2008 - 2008Asseco
Technologies: C#, Microsoft SQL
- Built a custom testing tool for Asseco banking software.
- Designed and wrote various test cases.
- Organized the Asseco programming challenges in the university.