Verified Expert in Engineering
Saurabh is a Ruby on Rails developer with the proven ability to develop RESTful web services and scalable web applications. He has experience leading teams and handling multiple projects at a time. Saurabh loves to travel and would be a great addition to any multinational team.
Spotify, Terminal, Git, OS X, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a recommendation engine for apartments with integrated FB data and neighborhood scores, like demographics, pet-friendliness, and schools.
Senior Back-end Developer
- Developed and maintained services for data synchronization between client's data and third-party services, handling hundreds of thousands of records daily.
- Was one of the initial developers in the team, helping design the architecture of the rails project we are migrating the business into. Wrote libraries to communicate with third-party services and the Salesforce database.
- Actively collaborated through activities like pair programming, code reviews, bug fixes, and idea brainstorming.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Worked with the vendor portal team to build new features on the admin portal used by businesses to edit their products, bidding, and other details.
- Helped migrate the portal's monolith architecture into microservices and wrote tests for the main application with 100% code coverage from scratch.
- Integrated Okta as an SSO from scratch for the Capterra vendor portal and updated the authorization logic while assigning different access levels to the user. (Capterra is a world-leading software reviews and listing platform—like Yelp for software—and provides reviews, ratings, and the most comprehensive list of top business software products available.).
- Helped to improve the portal UI built in React.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Contributed to the scripts that crawl data from IKEA and process and populate the client's database.
- Improved the recommendation and predictor logic for Tasker based on Elasticsearch.
- Updated the APIs used by IKEA to improve the logic for price estimates and assembly times.
- Created complex HTML/CSS and Haml pages from Figma files with pixel-perfect designs, creating over 15 million views in one year within my time on the project.
- Refactored the existing web services with new requirements.
- Fixed bugs in the REST web services and extended and maintained the front-end code in the web app.
- Designed and implemented data structures using YAM files and implemented models with methods to access the data structure. Created complex Ul, incorporating said data. The page has been viewed over 3 million times in its four months of deployment.
Ruby on Rails Developer
Sterling Capital Brokers, Ltd. (via Toptal Projects)
- Worked in a team that grew from four to 13 developers to build a platform for an insurance broker capable of managing clients, enrolling employees, invoicing, generating reports, choosing benefits, and more.
- Created and enhanced many views from different flows and used Bootstrap to make them mobile-responsive. Collaborated with the designer to create a pixel-perfect UI using InVision designs.
- Created a script to translate English locales to French using Google Translate APIs. The task is flexible to translate to other languages when passed with optional parameters.
- Brainstormed business logic and system architecture with the team, discussed design principles and best practices, fixed bugs, and helped with code reviews.
Growbase (via Toptal)
- Created UI for the app after understanding the product and built the MVP in a month. The client did not provide sketch files and used inputs from the client to decide on the layout, theme, and colors.
- Implemented role-based authorization for user and admin roles using cancan rules.
- Designed and implemented database schema to meet requirements and flexible for future changes. Brainstormed business logic with the project owner and helped with ideas.
Back-end Developer (Ruby)
Armangil Software (via Toptal)
- Delivered a production quality and commercializable product in a mere two weeks. The product has a slot booking feature for shared resources among groups of users.
- Brainstormed ideas for improvements; responsible for database design and created API specs.
- Created a script which schedules the slots among the users for any given period of time.
- Integrated Google Calendar to sync with the user's schedule in the product.
- Implemented role-based authorization for the API with different levels of access to the endpoints.
- Deployed the build on Heroku.
Zenger Labs (via Toptal)
- Created UI/UX for the platform from the wireframes. The app is heavily data-driven. There are many categories of surveys and reports generated with varying logic using the survey data.
- Designed a robust and scalable database after understanding the product.
- Created algorithms to generate various categories of reports which can be distributed through the platform or via emails.
- Wrote scripts to generate daily and bi-monthly surveys and reports.
- Deployed the staging and production instances.
Takor (via Toptal)
- Designed the UI for the app with dashboards, chat boxes, profile pages, etc.
- Implemented a private chat using action cable with email notifications. The chat was live with new window pop-ups for individual private chats.
- Created a customized dashboard for different roles.
- Designed the database schema to provide maximum flexibility.
VNA Group (via Toptal)
- Created the initial proof-of-concept build and helped the client brainstorm ideas for improvements.
- Used Twilio to build business logic, which required us to make automated calls and send messages.
- Used different databases, like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Firebase to provide the fastest and most efficient data to the front end.
- Deployed the staging and production builds on Heroku and Amazon EC2.
Technical Engineer and Full-stack Developer
Leveling the Field, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Implemented a script to populate a database from a CSV file and scraped data from an online data source to fill in missing data and ensure data integrity.
- Redesigned the style sheets using media queries to make the website responsive.
- Deployed production built on AWS Elastic Beanstalk and migrated the data for use in the production instance.
Senior Software Engineer
- Set up internal portals and the company website, version control server (GitLab and SVN), and task management server (Redmine) and helped with other operational tasks.
- Worked on more than half a dozen web applications and web services. I built some from scratch and worked on others for feature development. Projects included: Rentaloost, Grayroost, Gymflash, AddressIO, Testprecision, Easybookings, Houserie, and Cut2IT.
- Conducted interviews and helped with hiring the first 15 employees.
Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Worked for a major bank based in the United States through Cognizant, a multinational service-based company.
- Handled a client project, which sanitized and processed source raw data to serve as the true data for all others.
- Created an internal web portal that served as a platform for employee forums, administrative task management, and blogging.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, ActionCable, Sinatra, Ember.js, Capybara, minitest, Ruby on Rails 5, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Blueprint
jQuery, Twitter API, OmniAuth, Stripe API, Devise, Sidekiq, Facebook API, Node.js, Stripe Connect, React, Google Calendar API, Apiary API, Backbone.js
Subversion (SVN), Git, NGINX, RSpec, AWS ELB, Chef, Sublime Text, Apache, SemaphoreCI, Spree, Solr, Terminal, Ab Initio, Apache Solr
REST, Database Design, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Heroku, Amazon EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Apache Kafka, OS X, Docker, Jakarta EE, Twilio, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linode, Oracle, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Salesforce
MySQL, JSON, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Media Queries, Elasticsearch, Memcached
Machine Learning, Web Services, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), CanCan, APIs, Spotify, Web Crawlers
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Vishwakarma Institute of Technology - Pune, India