Full-stack Developer2018 - 2020Life.Church Interactive and Open Network Departments (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, HAML, UX/UI
- Created complex HTML/HAML/CSS pages from Figma Files with pixel-perfect designs. The pages I have created have over 15 million views in one year during my time on the project.
- Refactored the existing web services with new requirements.
- Fixed bugs in the REST web-services and extended and maintained the front-end code in the web app.
- Designed and implemented data structures using YAML files. Implemented models with methods to access the data structure. Created complex UI which includes these data. The page has been viewed over 3 million times in the 4 months of deployment.
Ruby on Rails Developer2017 - 2019Sterling Capital Brokers, Ltd. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, CoffeeScript, UX/UI
- Worked in a team that grew from four to 13 developers to build a platform for an insurance broker capable of managing clients, enrolling employees, invoicing, generating reports, choosing benefits, and more.
- Created and enhanced many views from different flows, and used Bootstrap to make them mobile-responsive. Collaborated with the designer to create pixel-perfect UI using InVision designs.
- Created a script to translate English locales to French using Google Translate APIs. The task is flexible to translate to other languages when passed with optional parameters.
- Brainstormed business logic and system architecture with team. Discused design principles and best practices. Fixed bugs and helped with code reviews.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Growbase (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Cancan, Heroku
- Created UI for the app after understanding the product and built the MVP in a month. The client did not provide sketch files and used inputs from the client to decide on the layout, theme, and colors.
- Implemented role-based authorization for user and admin roles using cancan rules.
- Designed and implemented database schema to meet requirements and flexible for future changes. Brainstormed business logic with the project owner and helped with ideas.
Back-end Developer (Ruby)2017 - 2017Armangil Software (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails 5, Postgres, Google Calendar, Omniauth, JWT, API Blueprint, Apiary
- Delivered a production quality and commercializable product in a mere two weeks. The product has a slot booking feature for shared resources among groups of users.
- Brainstormed ideas for improvements; responsible for database design and created API specs.
- Created a script which schedules the slots among the users for any given period of time.
- Integrated Google Calendar to sync with the user's schedule in the product.
- Implemented role-based authorization for the API with different levels of access to the endpoints.
- Deployed the build on Heroku.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017Zenger Labs (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, CoffeeScript, UX/UI, Bootstrap, AWS, Heroku
- Created UI/UX for the platform from the wireframes. The app is heavily data-driven. There are many categories of surveys and reports generated with varying logic using the survey data.
- Designed a robust and scalable database after understanding the product.
- Created algorithms to generate various categories of reports which can be distributed through the platform or via emails.
- Wrote scripts to generate daily and bi-monthly surveys and reports.
- Deployed the staging and production instances.
Full-stack/Lead Developer2016 - 2017Takor (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails 5, PostgreSQL, Action Cable, CoffeeScript, UX/UI
- Designed the UI for the app with dashboards, chat boxes, profile pages, etc.
- Implemented private chat using action cable with email notifications. The chat was live with new window pop-ups for individual private chats.
- Created a customized dashboard for different roles.
- Designed the database schema to provide maximum flexibility.
Full-stack/Lead Developer2016 - 2016VNA Group (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Twilio, PostgreSQL, Heroku
- Created the initial proof-of-concept build and helped the client brainstorm ideas for improvements.
- Used Twilio to build business logic, which required us to make automated calls and send messages.
- Used different databases, like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Firebase to provide the fastest and most efficient data to the front end.
- Deployed the staging and production builds on Heroku and Amazon EC2.
Technical Engineer and Full-stack Developer2016 - 2016Leveling the Field, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, CoffeeScript, Heroku
- Implemented a script to populate a database from a CSV file and scraped data from an online data source to fill in missing data and ensure data integrity.
- Redesigned the style sheets using media queries to make the website responsive.
- Deployed production built on AWS Elastic Beanstalk and migrated the data for use in the production instance.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Twinprimelabs
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, Java, J2EE, Backbone.js, Node.js, MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, Redis, Nginx
- Set up internal portals and the company website, version control server (GitLab, SVN), and task management server (Redmine) and helped with other operational tasks.
- Worked on more than half a dozen web applications and web services. I built some from scratch and worked on others for feature development (Projects: Rentaloost, Grayroost, Gymflash, AddressIO, Testprecision, Easybookings, Houserie, Cut2IT).
- Conducted interviews and helped with hiring.
Programmer Analyst2011 - 2013Cognizant Technology Solutions
Technologies: Java, J2EE, Ab-initio, Bash Scripts
- Worked on a client project which sanitized and processed source raw data to serve as the true data for all others.
- Created an internal web portal which served as a platform for employee forums, administrative task management, and blogging.