Senior Full-stack Developer2020 - 2021Gartner Capterra
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, Elasticsearch, Oracle, MongoDB
- Worked with the vendor portal team to build new features on the admin portal used by businesses to edit their products, bidding, and other details.
- Helped migrate the portal's monolith architecture into microservices and wrote tests for the main application with 100% code coverage from scratch.
- Integrated Okta as an SSO from scratch for the Capterra vendor portal and updated the authorization logic while assigning different access levels to the user. (Capterra is a world-leading software reviews and listing platform—like Yelp for software—and provides reviews, ratings, and the most comprehensive list of top business software products available.).
- Helped to improve the portal UI built in React.
Senior Full-stack Engineer2019 - 2020TaskRabbit
Technologies: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, React, Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby
- Contributed to the scripts that crawl data from IKEA and process and populate the client's database.
- Improved the recommendation and predictor logic for Tasker based on Elasticsearch.
- Updated the APIs used by IKEA to improve the logic for price estimates and assembly times.
Full-stack Developer2018 - 2020Life.Church
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), PostgreSQL, Haml, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX)
- Created complex HTML/CSS and Haml pages from Figma files with pixel-perfect designs, creating over 15 million views in one year within my time on the project.
- Refactored the existing web services with new requirements.
- Fixed bugs in the REST web services and extended and maintained the front-end code in the web app.
- Designed and implemented data structures using YAM files and implemented models with methods to access the data structure. Created complex Ul, incorporating said data. The page has been viewed over 3 million times in its four months of deployment.
Ruby on Rails Developer2017 - 2019Sterling Capital Brokers, Ltd. (via Toptal Projects)
Technologies: User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), CoffeeScript, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Worked in a team that grew from four to 13 developers to build a platform for an insurance broker capable of managing clients, enrolling employees, invoicing, generating reports, choosing benefits, and more.
- Created and enhanced many views from different flows and used Bootstrap to make them mobile-responsive. Collaborated with the designer to create a pixel-perfect UI using InVision designs.
- Created a script to translate English locales to French using Google Translate APIs. The task is flexible to translate to other languages when passed with optional parameters.
- Brainstormed business logic and system architecture with the team, discussed design principles and best practices, fixed bugs, and helped with code reviews.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Growbase (via Toptal)
Technologies: Heroku, CanCan, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Created UI for the app after understanding the product and built the MVP in a month. The client did not provide sketch files and used inputs from the client to decide on the layout, theme, and colors.
- Implemented role-based authorization for user and admin roles using cancan rules.
- Designed and implemented database schema to meet requirements and flexible for future changes. Brainstormed business logic with the project owner and helped with ideas.
Back-end Developer (Ruby)2017 - 2017Armangil Software (via Toptal)
Technologies: Apiary API, Google Calendar API, Blueprint, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), OmniAuth, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails 5
- Delivered a production quality and commercializable product in a mere two weeks. The product has a slot booking feature for shared resources among groups of users.
- Brainstormed ideas for improvements; responsible for database design and created API specs.
- Created a script which schedules the slots among the users for any given period of time.
- Integrated Google Calendar to sync with the user's schedule in the product.
- Implemented role-based authorization for the API with different levels of access to the endpoints.
- Deployed the build on Heroku.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017Zenger Labs (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Bootstrap, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), CoffeeScript, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Created UI/UX for the platform from the wireframes. The app is heavily data-driven. There are many categories of surveys and reports generated with varying logic using the survey data.
- Designed a robust and scalable database after understanding the product.
- Created algorithms to generate various categories of reports which can be distributed through the platform or via emails.
- Wrote scripts to generate daily and bi-monthly surveys and reports.
- Deployed the staging and production instances.
Full-stack/Lead Developer2016 - 2017Takor (via Toptal)
Technologies: User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), CoffeeScript, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails 5
- Designed the UI for the app with dashboards, chat boxes, profile pages, etc.
- Implemented a private chat using action cable with email notifications. The chat was live with new window pop-ups for individual private chats.
- Created a customized dashboard for different roles.
- Designed the database schema to provide maximum flexibility.
Full-stack/Lead Developer2016 - 2016VNA Group (via Toptal)
Technologies: Heroku, PostgreSQL, Twilio, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Created the initial proof-of-concept build and helped the client brainstorm ideas for improvements.
- Used Twilio to build business logic, which required us to make automated calls and send messages.
- Used different databases, like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Firebase to provide the fastest and most efficient data to the front end.
- Deployed the staging and production builds on Heroku and Amazon EC2.
Technical Engineer and Full-stack Developer2016 - 2016Leveling the Field, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Heroku, CoffeeScript, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Implemented a script to populate a database from a CSV file and scraped data from an online data source to fill in missing data and ensure data integrity.
- Redesigned the style sheets using media queries to make the website responsive.
- Deployed production built on AWS Elastic Beanstalk and migrated the data for use in the production instance.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Twinprimelabs
Technologies: NGINX, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Node.js, Backbone.js, Jakarta EE, Java, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Set up internal portals and the company website, version control server (GitLab and SVN), and task management server (Redmine) and helped with other operational tasks.
- Worked on more than half a dozen web applications and web services. I built some from scratch and worked on others for feature development. Projects included: Rentaloost, Grayroost, Gymflash, AddressIO, Testprecision, Easybookings, Houserie, and Cut2IT.
- Conducted interviews and helped with hiring the first 15 employees.
Programmer Analyst2011 - 2013Cognizant Technology Solutions
Technologies: Ab Initio, Bash Script, Jakarta EE, Java
- Worked for a major bank based in the United States through Cognizant, a multinational service-based company.
- Handled a client project, which sanitized and processed source raw data to serve as the true data for all others.
- Created an internal web portal that served as a platform for employee forums, administrative task management, and blogging.