Software Developer in Helena, MT, United States
Member since February 1, 2016
Scott is passionate about improving and replacing expert systems using machine learning techniques (particularly NLP and CV). Do you have an existing business problem that's currently solved using a static expert system, which you'd like to augment, improve, or replace with a more intelligent solution? Scott would love to partner with you on developing that solution!
Bible Labs Member2016 - PRESENTLife Church
Technologies: Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing
- Designed and implemented audio Bible tools for Alexa and Google Home.
- Developed NLP-based tools to improve voice and text Bible search.
- Researched novel methods of engaging users with scripture in a photo-centric culture.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - PRESENTSRI, Inc.
- Created deployable systems from research and development code.
- Led technical projects for small developer teams.
- Contributed to large and small teams on high-intensity projects.
- Provided expertise in AWS cloud deployment.
Software Engineer2005 - 2011VLS, Inc.
Technologies: C#, .NET, ERDAS Imagine, ESRI ArcGIS, Machine learning
- Led a multi-year project to provide 3D feature extraction capabilities for clients.
- Applied machine learning techniques to develop feature extraction algorithms for EO and LIDAR imagery.
- Researched the use of genetic algorithms for pre-filtering image bands as a data reduction and feature enhancement technique.
- Integrated software with well-known digital image processing platforms, such as ESRI ArcGIS or ERDAS Imagine.
- Developed MVC plugins using Visual Studio C# .NET.
ToolsJira, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDEA, Git, Mercurial, Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ, Visual Studio .NET, Android Studio, Artifactory, NuGet, Gradle
ParadigmsREST, Continuous Integration (CI), Agile Software Development
PlatformsAWS Lambda, Amazon Alexa, Windows, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Android, Linux
FrameworksPlay, Entity 6, Hadoop
Libraries/APIsNode.js, JOOQ, Handlebars, jQuery
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, HBase
- Master's degree in Computer Science2004 - 2006University of Montana - Missoula, MT
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science1994 - 1998Montana State University - Bozemen, MT