Senior ETL Developer for Reyes Holdings (Great Lakes Coca Cola Bottling)2019 - PRESENTAddison Group (contract)
Technologies: SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS
- Supported new and existing SSIS development for the Coca Cola business unit of the beverage distribution company.
- Assisted with SSAS cube development.
Senior Data Warehouse Architect/BI Specialist2015 - PRESENTBluB0x
Technologies: SQL Architect, Azure, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI
- Solely created a data warehouse in Azure SQL Database reading from a transactional system (also in Azure) using Kimball methodologies and best practices. Developed SSIS ETL processes and successfully ported them to Azure Data Factory to service reports built into and rendered from the company’s ASP.NET MVC website. BluB0x is a manufacturer and service provider offering physical security as a service (card readers, elevators, video, alarms, visitor management, biometrics, mobile, etc) using Microsoft Azure as its hosted cloud solution.
- Implemented Power BI as an analytics platform sourced from the company’s data warehouse as well as all reporting needs. This involved porting the model, managing relationships and creating visualizations for reports and dashboards that will be embedded within the BluSKY web application.
Senior BI Specialist for Plante Moran, Southfield, MI2019 - 2019Strive Consulting (contract)
Technologies: SQL Architect, SSIS
- Assessed and triaged issues related to data movement and ETL among business processes within the firm. Required extensive use of SQL scripting and SSIS.
- Planned for data warehouse build-out.
Senior BI Specialist for Komatsu, Rolling Meadows, IL2019 - 2019Randstad Technologies (contract)
Technologies: SQL Architect, SSIS, Power BI
- Helped create over 180 Power BI reports and dashboards against SSAS tabular models as part of Komatsu’s New Parts System initiative program.
Senior BI Specialist for CDW, Vernon Hills IL2018 - 2019Insight Global (contract)
Technologies: SQL Architect, MDS, SSIS, SSAS
- Oversaw all MDS (Master Data Services) and ETL development (SSIS) from the AS400 source system to the corporate DW in order to create a new categorization for products. Required extensive use of MDS and the MS BI stack of tools including SSIS.
Senior BI Specialist for Ventas, Chicago, IL; Merchant's Fleet Management, Rosemont, IL2017 - 2018Addison Group (contract)
Technologies: SQL Architect, SSIS, SSAS
- Managed all ETL development (SSIS) from the source financial system (Yardi) to the corporate DW. Also responsible for optimizing and developing MDX queries from several cubes used in reporting. Required extensive use of the MS BI stack of tools including SSIS, SSAS, and the MDX query language.
- Headed DW architecture and ETL development (SSIS). Created Data Dictionary for DW. Optimized several source queries. Responsible for production deployment procedures.
Senior BI Specialist2012 - 2017AON Corporation
Technologies: SQL Architect, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Created, developed, and modified an entire BI solution to handle ad-hoc requests and MDX report queries regarding comparative analysis among clients (brokerage firms) for McLagan Retail. Architected a data warehouse according to Kimball best practices; created robust ETL using SSIS including email notification, auditing, and logging; designed and developed a cube in SSAS; and created complex calculated member logic and report queries using MDX. Mentored and assisted the offshore team with MDX query creation. Required extensive use of the entire MS BI stack of tools including SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and the MDX query language.
- Assisted in redesigning a more optimal solution for the existing survey data warehouse. Helped to evaluate in-memory solutions including Qlik. Developed a robust ETL solution for large data loads using SSIS 2014. Also assisted with DBA tasks in an effort to host an acquired company in MS Azure. This included writing SQL stored procedures and administering SQL Agent jobs in Prod and LLCs with Availability Groups.
Senior BI Architect/Developer2012 - 2012SIMS Recycling (contract)
Technologies: SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Created a complete data warehouse and BI solution for inventory analysis. Required extensive use of the entire MS BI stack of tools including SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and the MDX query language.
Senior BI Architect/Developer2010 - 2011Redbox (contract)
Technologies: SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Provided real-time strategic data and information to the loss prevention and games teams using a combination of T-SQL and OLAP cube queries. Created real-time alerts and reports which contributed to a reduction of fraud in game rentals from 17% to 2% and allowed for a nationwide rollout of games with an estimated $40 million increase in revenue.
- Assisted the marketing department with numerous initiatives including providing RFM (recency, frequency, and monetary) data to assist in strategic decision-making initiatives.
Senior ETL Architect/Developer for W. K. Kellogg Foundation, Battle Creek, MI2010 - 2010Information Technology Partners (contract)
Technologies: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Managed ETL architecture using a combination of T-SQL stored procedures and SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS Reports with Dundas to create a corporate dashboard displaying trends of corporate contract, request, and grant information for a non-profit charitable foundation. Dramatically reduced the existing ETL time from a run time of around one hour to between 5-10 minutes.