- Software Consultant2014 - PRESENTThe Descartes Systems Group, Inc.
Technologies: Clarion, Btrieve, MS SQL, C#
- Contracted to finish off a conversion of a part of their enterprise system from Btrieve to MS-SQL. The project was finished ahead of schedule to the satisfaction of their customer.
- Retained as a general troubleshooter for their enterprise system.
- Headed up the team to convert other systems from Btrieve to MS SQL.
- Lead Developer2002 - PRESENTSoftVelocity
Technologies: C#, C++
- Maintained the Clarion.NET compiler.
- Built the IDE.
- Maintained the data access layer in Clarion for Windows and Clarion.NET.
- Developed the build control language used to build complex projects.
- Developed the version control system integration in the IDE.
- Co-founder, CTO2012 - 2015CarFormular
Technologies: Clarion, PHP
- Developed, using Clarion, a program to produce documents used by used car salespeople.
- Contractor2013 - 2014Windowbooks, Inc.
Technologies: C++, Clarion
- Created a system to allow the existing application to retarget MS SQL for storage instead of Btrieve.
- Created a system to allow their existing application to retarget MS SQL for storage instead of TopSpeed tables.
- Assisted the development team in moving their system from ISAM to SQL-based data storage.
- Senior Developer2000 - 2002TopSpeed Development Center
Technologies: MVP, C++
- Developed, using C++, a failsafe inter-process and inter-machine communication layer for the company's super computer (Now marketed as HPCC Systems).
- Developed the communication system used to allow PCs to send commands to the super computer.
- Created, using Java, a stock market forecasting program.
- In the wake of the September 11 attacks, worked as a member of the team of programmers who worked to identify associates of the terrorists, producing lists of individuals "worth investigating" later leading to "several arrests."
- Senior Developer1995 - 2000Clarion Software (UK)
Technologies: C++, Clarion, Modula-2
- Led a small team in developing and maintaining the file interface layer to the Clarion programming language.
- Technical Support/Developer1992 - 1995Clarion Software (USA)
Technologies: C++, Modula-2, Pascal, Assembler, Clarion
- Led the TopSpeed technical support department.
- Developed the system for accessing Btrieve data files from the Clarion for the DOS programming language.
- Developed the system for accessing dBaseIII, dBaseIV, Clipper, and FoxPro data files from the Clarion for the DOS programming language.
- Language Support Technician1991 - 1992Jensen & Partners International
Technologies: C++, Modula-2, Pascal, Assembler
- Provided technical support to programmers programming in C++, Pascal, Modula-2, and Assembler.
- Helped maintain the C++ runtime library.
- Contractor1990 - 1991Measuremart, Ltd.
Technologies: dBase IV
- Conducted a feasibility study into the automation of the personnel section in charge of teachers.
- Designed, implemented, tested, and documented a dBase IV system for maintaining school and councilor information.
- Performed an audit of PC usage in the directory covering hardware, operational procedures, and data redundancy.
- Programmer1988 - 1990Chemdata Pty, Ltd.
Technologies: TopSpeed C, UCSD Pascal
- Converted a C dental package from Sun UNIX to XENIX then to TopSpeed C running under DOS.
- Converted a UCSD-Pascal general ledger and creditors package to work with the company’s pharmaceutical software.
- Led the design and implementation of a major revision to the general ledger and creditors system and a separate debtor system. Designed and implemented the underlying file system.
- Designed and implemented a new menu system to be used throughout the company’s pharmaceutical software.
- Designed and implemented a menu editor to be used by the other developers within the company.
- Wrote programs in dBase IV for the maintenance of the company’s client database.