- Co-Founder, CTOCarFormular (Germany)2012 - PRESENT
Technologies: Clarion, PHP
- Developed, using Clarion, a program to produce documents used by Used Car Salespeople.
- Lead DeveloperSoftVelocity (USA)2002 - PRESENT
Technologies: C#, C++
- Maintained the Clarion.NET compiler.
- In charge of IDE.
- Maintained the Data Accesss Layer in Clarion for Windows and Clarion.NET.
- Developed the Build Control Language used to build complex projects.
- Developed the Version Control System integration in the IDE.
- ContractorWindowbooks Inc2013 - 2014
Technologies: C++, Clarion
- Created system to allow their existing application to retarget MSSQL for storage instead of Btrieve
- Created system to allow their existing application to retarget MSSQL for storage instead of TopSpeed tables
- Assisted their development team in moving their system from ISAM to SQL based data storage
- Senior DeveloperTopSpeed Development Center (UK)2000 - 2002
Technologies: MVP, C++
- Developed, using C++, a fail safe inter-process and inter-machine communication layer for the company's super computer (Now marketed as HPCC Systems) .
- Developed the communication system used to allow PCs to send commands to the super computer.
- Created, using Java, a stock market forcasting program
- Senior DeveloperClarion Software (UK)1995 - 2000
Technologies: C++, Clarion, Modula-2
- In charge of a small team developing and maintaining the file interface layer to the Clarion programming language.
- Technical Support / DeveloperClarion Software (USA)1992 - 1995
Technologies: C++, Modula-2, Pascal, Assembler, Clarion
- In charge of the TopSpeed Technical Support Department.
- Developed the system for accessing Btrieve data files from the Clarion for DOS programming language.
- Developed the system for accessing dBaseIII, dBaseIV, Clipper and FoxPro data files from the Clarion for DOS programming language.
- Language Support TechnicianJensen & Partners International (UK)1991 - 1992
Technologies: C++, Modula-2, Pascal, Assembler
- Provided technical support to programmers programming in C++, Pascal, Modula-2, and Assembler.
- Helped maintain the C++ runtime library.
- ContractorMeasuremart Ltd (UK)1990 - 1991
Technologies: dBase IV
- Conducted feasibility study into the automation of the Personnel Section in charge of teachers.
- Designed, implemented, tested, and documented a dBase IV system for maintaining school and councillor information.
- Performed an audit of PC usage in the directorate covering hardware, operational procedures, and data redundancy.
- ProgrammerChemdata Pty Ltd (Australia)1988 - 1990
Technologies: TopSpeed C, UCSD Pascal
- Converted a C dental package from Sun UNIX to XENIX then to TopSpeed C running under DOS.
- Converted a UCSD-Pascal General Ledger & Creditors package to work with the company’s Pharmaceutical software.
- In charge of the design and implementation of a major revision to the General Ledger & Creditors system and a separate Debtor system. Designed and implemented the underlying file system.
- Designed and implemented a new menu system to be used throughout the company’s Pharmaceutical software.
- Designed and implemented a menu editor to be used by the other developers within the company.
- Wrote programs in dBase IV for the maintenance of the company’s client database.