Verified Expert in Engineering
Scott has produced technology used by companies like Microsoft and S&P Global. He has developed software integral for companies selling to larger entities, as well as in taking companies public via IPO. Scott has the ability to design, develop, and deliver database solutions into a production environment. He is capable of controlling every aspect of a software development team as an architect, developer, and project leader.
Microsoft SQL Server, Windows
The most amazing...
...I've developed is an Automated Data Collection system integral to a company, purchased by S&P Global, that collected energy data used for analytics.
- Worked on the development of the business plan, formation of company, fundraising, budget, contract negotiations, R&D, software development, and offshore team management.
- Developed the methodology for managing the offshore development team.
- Managed the development process of an independent contractor incentive program.
- Generated contacts and follow-up meetings with investors.
- Designed, coordinated development, and implemented the technologies delivering the platform to market.
- Developed two companies for delivery to market. Implemented the core technology to establish the initial technology footprint for those companies.
- Provided funding resources to two startup companies.
- Negotiated the relationship for offshore resources to develop startup technology platforms.
- Provided leadership in the formation, funding, and technology to establish the parent company in its role as an incubator.
- Managed the financial investments of the corporation.
Senior Director, Customer Facing Solutions
- Oversaw offshore resources for the company (approximately 1000 workers across India, Philippines, Ukraine, and other locations).
- Managed a $20 million budget for more than a hundred projects in process at one time.
- Coordinated between the business units to facilitate collection of needs and identify projects to be developed.
- Dealt with M&A activities, reviewing potential companies for acquisition. Was responsible for technology assessment.
- Served as a member of the S&P Global Diversity and Inclusion Council. Was responsible for implementing programs across the S&P Global companies.
- Mentored middle management rising stars. Met regularly with members to provide leadership and assist in career development.
Chief Technology Officer
- Provided leadership to a forty member in-house staff and controlled offshore and contractor resources.
- Designed a variety of technology solutions. Most notably, I led a team that developed the automated data collection system that became the keystone of the company and a primary element in its purchase.
- Formed the Business Intelligence group and implemented data cubes delivering analytical data for customer consumption.
- Formed the GIS mapping systems rendering all energy-related physical assets for the United States, Europe, Middle East, Asia ,and South America, including land-based and ship movement systems.
- Managed $4 million budget for the design, development, implementation, and management of all technology systems.
- Designed the hardware management systems used in the deployment of software systems.
- Formed company for the automated collection of information across a broad selection of industries.
- Developed the Business Plan necessary to drive the company forward.
- Worked with the legal team to produce the patent filings for work by Scott Hankinson on large-scale database management systems.
- Developed the technology platform and automated collection systems collecting and integrating from more than 100 government data sources.
- Developed the Web Services API used to deliver data to customer desktops, directly to Microsoft Excel.
Vice President of Technology
Columbia Resource Group
- Managed interactions with the principal business account with Microsoft Corporation; negotiated the development of their large Events Management System for 10,000 plus participants.
- Developed the Events Management System with a modular design, handling every aspect of Microsoft's largest events. Technology is still in effect today.
- Negotiated with other large corporations to integrate CRG events management systems.
- Developed the hardware platform used to manage CRG event solutions. The designs were featured in the article "Failure is not an Option", which focused on the four 9's of uptime requirements.
- Managed the budget, personnel, and resources, while providing thought leadership in the design, development, and implementation of both software and hardware solutions, with an emphasis on database development.
- Developed emergency management solutions for business supporting FEMA US Government.
- Developed technology to track source of information against the state of Israel on behalf of the Jewish community of United States.
- Produced online accounting and registration systems for Aspen Music School, Anderson Ranch Arts Center, JazzAspen Snowmass Music Festival, and many others. Developed a virtual invoicing system as part of this effort.
- Took two companies public through the IPO process, with a third in the process when the dot-com bubble collapsed. Transitioned companies from Rapid Application Development, and Deployment (RADD) platforms, to independent companies.
- Developed hotel, retail, ticketing events, and non-profit solutions. My work led to the company becoming one of first companies to accept payments online.
Sub-second Search Engine based on SQL Server
Leveraging high-speed indexes for display does not provide the database capabilities needed to manage business solutions. Integration of SQL Server as the back-end with a high-speed front-end results in a complete solution.
Stripe Payment Processor Integration
Automated Data Collection System
Events Management System
As the original architect, I brought forth a body of work that became the events management system applied by Microsoft today. I was integral in negotiating the deal, and then ensuring the technology exceeded the demands Microsoft Events placed upon the hardware and software platforms.
This solution applied a design where a core system is established and modules are turned on through configuration, allowing for both small business and large enterprise solutions from the same code base.
Computer Science Instructor
T-SQL (Transact-SQL), C#, Visual Basic
iOS, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS
Microsoft SQL Server, Azure Cloud Services
Business Intelligence (BI)
Graduate in Corporate Management
Vistage CEO Program - Denver, Colorado
Graduate in Corporate Management
Vistage Directors Program - Denver, Colorado
Courses Completed in Communication, Administration, Personnel Management
US Marine Corps Institute - Washington, DC