Senior UI Engineer2015 - 2018Say Media
- Hired to completely refactor the CSS for the CMS app with an eye to making it more maintainable.
- Defined a set of standards for working with modular CSS.
- Added a dynamically updated pattern library.
- Introduced CSS linting to enforce best practices.
- Updated all layout logic to use more modern flex+grid methods.
- Changed the app to use responsive images.
Senior UI Developer2014 - 2015HealthSparq
- Shipped a new product allowing employers to offer their employees access to our Unified search app.
- Worked on the creation of a visual pattern library that could be included in all apps to standardize our UI code.
- Drove adoption of proper scrum methodology.
Senior Front-end Engineer2013 - 2014Puppet Labs, Inc.
- Responsible for managing the marketing websites for PuppetLabs.com and PuppetConf.com.
- Converted the sites from WordPress to Drupal, increasing the efficiency of multiple teams through custom workflows.
- Worked with the UX team to overhaul site design with an emphasis on adaptive layouts, retina imagery.
- Increased front-end maintainability using HTML5 and Sass.
Senior Front-end Developer2011 - 2013Burnside Digital
- Provided front-end production for clients including the Food Network.
- Pushed client adoption of mobile support and CSS3 standards like media queries and webfonts.
- Drove adoption of maintenance-focused best-practices and expansion of front-end as a discipline in the organization.
- Revamped company blogging strategy and overhauled company branding.
Front-end Web Developer2010 - 2011Metal Toad Media
- Created standards-compliant sites for clients including Limewire and the Emmys.
- Mostly Drupal themes utilizing CSS3, XHTML/HTML5, and jQuery.
- Helped to promote social media as a marketing tool, including Twitter, Facebook, and blogging.
- Created a Drupal 7 base theme using HTML5.
- Spoke at conferences about HTML5, Drupal theming, and web standards.
Front-end Web Developer2005 - 2009Pop Art, Inc.
- Produced large-scale websites with CSS and XHTML for clients including Freightliner Trucks and LP.
- Collaborated with designers and programmers, advocating for web-standards to increase SEO and accessibility.
- Worked to promote blogging as a communication and promotional tool.