Ruby Developer in Seattle, WA, United States
Shopify Developer2017 - 2017North Media (via Toptal)
Technologies: Shopify, Shopify Theme Development, Shopify App Development
- Added infinite scroll to products page.
- Developed and setup the Shopify app called Product Filter.
- Customized Shopify themes using the Shopify Theme Kit.
Senior Back-End Developer (Node.js)2017 - 2017Audience.id (via Toptal)
Technologies: Angular 2, Node.js, TypeScript, RxJS, Sass, CSS3
- Built Angular 2 infinite scrolling and a numbered pagination component.
- Refactored the whole code base by updating the old fashioned and improper coding style.
- Improved the performance by avoiding memory leaks, removing subscriptions that were to be destroyed, and changing repeated codes to reusables.
- Created a vagrant to match environments across developers.
- Built a bunch of Angular 2 components and services and added animated style sheets.
Lead Developer2016 - 2016Cox
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Angular 2, AWS, iOS, Android, Swift, Java
- Developed a Netflix-like video streaming MVP for the purpose of demonstration funding.
- Initiated and created a back-end using Ruby on Rails for web and mobile apps to enable live video-streaming and to integrate a Stripe payment gateway.
- Created a new CMS with Angular 2 and built an admin and manager dashboard based on it.
- Built an iOS and Android app using Swift 3, Java, and Android Studio to stream videos—developed and implemented a new way to recommend users based on their watch history and searches.
- Wrote unit and integration tests using RSpec and Protractor to ensure functionality and code quality.
Chief Engineer2015 - 2015Open Hardware
- Built a custom user-generated content site from the ground up for users to host Arduino and other open-source electronic hardware projects; using Django.
- Created a PostgreSQL database system allowing users to store project files, schematics, images, and instructions.
- Added a new feature to a custom versioning system to track changes to projects over time.
- Integrated with an Octopart API to allow members to link parts to their projects and help other users source parts required to build the projects.
- Converted the front-end to be React-based mobile responsive with the new design provided.
- Developed a React Native iOS mobile app with the same functionality of a website.
Senior Developer Team Lead2012 - 2014EBSCO Information Services
Technologies: Django, Python, Ruby on Rails, React, HTML5
- Estimated and architected web-based software projects as well as mentored and managed the developers on my team.
- Served as a scrum master and project leader on one the high-profile web development projects. The project involved creating a custom Django library for calculating truck axle load.
- Estimated, planned, developed, and deployed Ruby on Rails software related to BESTCARE's proprietary hospital acquired infection detection and reporting software.
- Rebuilt BESTCARE's website front-end with React which was originally customized HTML/CSS only.
- Generated a gap and overlap analysis of the current systems and departmental workflows in the admin portal.
Full-Stack Developer (Web and Mobile)2010 - 2011Precision Software LLC
Technologies: iOS, Android, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Django, AngularJS
- Designed and developed back-end APIs for a medical practice with Django using TDD and Agile development methodology.
- Designed a front-end website using AngularJS; the website features included, scheduling employee hours, authentication to get into employee pages, and online bill payment.
- Created a CMS of medical practices and allowed doctors to browse medical practices and advises and manage their schedules through an iOS app built with Objective-C.
- Built an Android app with Java and Eclipse for doctors and implemented a role-based system to differentiate levels and roles of doctors and clinic staff.
- Added an integration testing to ensure functional integrity as three versions of API became available by the time.
Web Developer2008 - 2009Fiserv (Formerly Checkfree)
- Assisted in building an internal Ruby on Rails CRM system of the company.
- Built and run automated tests for Bank of America e-billing web service APIs.
- Implemented a new UI/UX to internal CRM system by slicing PSDs into HTML/CSS.
- Assisted in refactoring the back-end codes by upgrading the Ruby version from 1.7 to 1.9 and the Rails version from 1.0 to 2.1.
- Everlane (Development)https://www.everlane.com/
Everlane is the fashion shopping site focused on selling high-quality apparel at lower prices than traditional designer retail.
The company wanted an eCommerce site to sell high-end products produced from contracted companies and a native smartphone application allowing shoppers to browse and buy its luxury items right from their phone.
- I built website back-end with Ruby on Rails and made it available for mobile apps.
- I created a CMS where managers of factory product lines can maintain items and staff can manage shipping and customer support.
- I developed a shopping iOS app with Objective-C. The users can not only buy items from the app but also can be suggested for what to wear alongside the current weather description.
Releasing mobile app increased sales by 200 percent in 2015.
Everlane increased its revenue from $1 million to $10 in a little over 5 years.
- Real Estate Platform (Development)
The platform gives you access to millions of property listings in almost every state. We combined up-to-the-minute real estate data with local professionals that really know their stuff.
The owner planed to build a cool smartphone app where users can step into the future of real estate and super charge their phone with the best real estate app out there.
- We built a stable back-end system using a Ruby on Rails framework.
- We started building the mobile app with Ionic framework as the client wanted cross-platform app. But later on, as he found that the app lacks of native features of iOS and Android devices so we rebuilt the native phone apps.
- I built dashboard web page and designed it for the company staff to view statistics and manage their listings.
- As the company grew, we built another dashboard, using AngularJS for real estate agents to manage the day-to-day tasks of their clients.
- An increased user base demanded a pronged approach to the personal safety of our users through a mobile app. I built an Objective-C app paired recording the surroundings with the ability to send this online recording to any of the user's contacts in the event of an emergency.
- Bugaboo (Development)https://www.bugaboo.com/
Bugaboo is an eCommerce website that sells mobility products such as pushchairs for infants and toddlers and luggage systems.
Technology stacks used are Django and React/Redux.
- Billiogram (Development)https://billogram.com/
Billogram provides online billing services for small business owners. Its service simplifies the billing process as well as enables users to create invoices. The company’s solution also allows users to send invoices in various formats; including letters and emails and monitors payments, as well as updates news feed in real-time. In addition, it enables users to send debt collection letters for the unpaid invoices to clients, as well as provides bookkeeping of invoices. Billogram is written in Django with React/Redux.
FrameworksASP.NET MVC, Zend Framework, Laravel, Laravel 5, Angular Material, React Native, Ionic 2, Ionic, Unity3D, Unity, LibGDX, Cocos2d, Core Location, Cocoa, Yii, Core Data, Bootstrap 4, Bootstrap 3, Flask, Django REST Framework, Pyramid, Knockout.js, CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Protractor, Symfony, Bootstrap, Angular, Redux, AngularJS, Django, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Express.js, YARN, Next.js
Libraries/APIsVue.js, Preact.js, REST APIs, Shopify API, React Redux, OpenGL ES, OpenGL, Twitter SDK, Facebook SDK, PayPal API, Stripe API, Stripe, jQuery UI, Google Chart API, jQuery, D3.js, Twilio API, React, Google Maps, Node.js, Three.js, Ruby on Rails API
ToolsPrestaShop, Eclipse IDE, Xcode, Braintree SDK, CocoaTouch, WebStorm, PyCharm, PhpStorm, RubyMine, RSpec, Android Studio, Sublime Text, Git, AWS SDK, Webpack, GitHub, Babel, NPM, Webpack 2, InVision
ParadigmsREST, MVC Design, Concurrent Programming, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD)
PlatformsHeroku, Shopify, Android, Firebase, Joomla, WordPress, Magento 2, Magento, Oracle, iOS, MacOS, Windows, Linux, Docker, AWS EC2
StorageDatabases, SQLite, Database Modeling, IBM DB2, Azure Document DB, Cassandra, MongoDB, Memcached, NoSQL, MariaDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Azure Cloud Services, Azure Blobs, Azure Active Directory, AWS RDS, AWS S3
OtherUI Development, PSD to PrestaShop, Integration, Apps, Ruby Gems, AVFoundation, Geofencing, Geolocation, BrainTree, Google Material Design, System Administration, Angular Bootstrap, Vi, Bootstrap UI, Ruby on Rails Optimization, Web UX
- Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.) in Computer Science2012 - 2014University of Washington - Seattle, WA, USA
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) in Computer Engineering2009 - 2011University of Washington - Seattle, WA, USA