- Shopify DeveloperNorth Media (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: Shopify, Shopify Theme Development, Shopify App Development
- Added infinite scroll to products page.
- Developed and setup the Shopify app called Product Filter.
- Customized Shopify themes using the Shopify Theme Kit.
- Senior Back-End Developer (Node.js)Audience.id (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: Angular 2, Node.js, TypeScript, RxJS, Sass, CSS3
- Built Angular 2 infinite scrolling and a numbered pagination component.
- Refactored the whole code base by updating the old fashioned and improper coding style.
- Improved the performance by avoiding memory leaks, removing subscriptions that were to be destroyed, and changing repeated codes to reusables.
- Created a vagrant to match environments across developers.
- Built a bunch of Angular 2 components and services and added animated style sheets.
- Lead DeveloperCox2016 - 2016
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Angular 2, AWS, iOS, Android, Swift, Java
- Developed a Netflix-like video streaming MVP for the purpose of demonstration funding.
- Initiated and created a back-end using Ruby on Rails for web and mobile apps to enable live video-streaming and to integrate a Stripe payment gateway.
- Created a new CMS with Angular 2 and built an admin and manager dashboard based on it.
- Built an iOS and Android app using Swift 3, Java, and Android Studio to stream videos—developed and implemented a new way to recommend users based on their watch history and searches.
- Wrote unit and integration tests using RSpec and Protractor to ensure functionality and code quality.
- Chief EngineerOpen Hardware2015 - 2015
- Built a custom user-generated content site from the ground up for users to host Arduino and other open-source electronic hardware projects; using Django.
- Created a PostgreSQL database system allowing users to store project files, schematics, images, and instructions.
- Added a new feature to a custom versioning system to track changes to projects over time.
- Integrated with an Octopart API to allow members to link parts to their projects and help other users source parts required to build the projects.
- Converted the front-end to be React-based mobile responsive with the new design provided.
- Developed a React Native iOS mobile app with the same functionality of a website.
- Senior Developer Team LeadEBSCO Information Services2012 - 2014
Technologies: Django, Python, Ruby on Rails, React, HTML5
- Estimated and architected web-based software projects as well as mentored and managed the developers on my team.
- Served as a scrum master and project leader on one the high-profile web development projects. The project involved creating a custom Django library for calculating truck axle load.
- Estimated, planned, developed, and deployed Ruby on Rails software related to BESTCARE's proprietary hospital acquired infection detection and reporting software.
- Rebuilt BESTCARE's website front-end with React which was originally customized HTML/CSS only.
- Generated a gap and overlap analysis of the current systems and departmental workflows in the admin portal.
- Full-Stack Developer (Web and Mobile)Precision Software LLC2010 - 2011
Technologies: iOS, Android, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Django, AngularJS
- Designed and developed back-end APIs for a medical practice with Django using TDD and Agile development methodology.
- Designed a front-end website using AngularJS; the website features included, scheduling employee hours, authentication to get into employee pages, and online bill payment.
- Created a CMS of medical practices and allowed doctors to browse medical practices and advises and manage their schedules through an iOS app built with Objective-C.
- Built an Android app with Java and Eclipse for doctors and implemented a role-based system to differentiate levels and roles of doctors and clinic staff.
- Added an integration testing to ensure functional integrity as three versions of API became available by the time.
- Web DeveloperFiserv (Formerly Checkfree)2008 - 2009
- Assisted in building an internal Ruby on Rails CRM system of the company.
- Built and run automated tests for Bank of America e-billing web service APIs.
- Implemented a new UI/UX to internal CRM system by slicing PSDs into HTML/CSS.
- Assisted in refactoring the back-end codes by upgrading the Ruby version from 1.7 to 1.9 and the Rails version from 1.0 to 2.1.