Ionic Developer2019 - 2019Senseworks (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ionic, Angular, Chart.js, Cordova, Redux, Jasmine, Karma, RxJS
- Helped a client to set up their project management and proper source control using GitHub and pull requests.
- Removed duplicate and deprecated packages and codes from the project and migrated from rxjs-compat to the new RxJS version.
- Upgraded the Ionic version and fixed issues of porting Angular app to iOS and Android.
- Fixed Chart.js configurations and enabled pinching to zoom and pan-in graphs.
- Added state management by implementing Redux in Angular.
- Improved form validation by updating normal string comparison to using form validators and custom validators.
- Refactored Ionic project by updating project config, reorganizing styles and improving REST services.
Shopify Developer2017 - 2017North Media (via Toptal)
Technologies: Shopify, Shopify Theme Development, Shopify App Development
- Added infinite scroll to the products' page.
- Developed and setup the Shopify app called Product Filter.
- Customized Shopify themes using the Shopify Theme Kit.
Senior Back-end Developer (Node.js)2017 - 2017Audience.id (via Toptal)
Technologies: Angular, Node.js, TypeScript, RxJS, Sass, CSS3
- Implemented Angular infinite scrolling and a numbered pagination component.
- Refactored the whole codebase by updating the old fashioned and improper coding style.
- Improved the performance by avoiding memory leaks, removing subscriptions that were to be destroyed, and changing repeated codes to reusables.
- Implemented Vagrant to create consistent development environments.
- Built a bunch of Angular components and services and added animated style sheets.
Lead Developer2016 - 2016Cox
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Angular, AWS, iOS, Android, Swift, Java
- Developed a Netflix-like video streaming MVP for the purpose of demonstration funding.
- Initiated and created a back end using Ruby on Rails for web and mobile apps to enable live video-streaming and to integrate a Stripe payment gateway.
- Created a new CMS with Angular and built an admin and manager dashboard based on it.
- Built an iOS and Android app using Swift, Java, and Android Studio to stream videos—developed and implemented a new way to recommend users based on their watch history and searches.
- Wrote unit and integration tests using RSpec and Protractor to ensure functionality and code quality.
Chief Engineer2015 - 2015Open Hardware
- Built a custom user-generated content site from the ground up for users to host Arduino and other open-source electronic hardware projects; using Django.
- Created a PostgreSQL database system allowing users to store project files, schematics, images, and instructions.
- Added a new feature to a custom versioning system to track changes to projects over time.
- Integrated with an Octopart API to allow members to link parts to their projects and help other users source parts required to build the projects.
- Converted the front end to be React-based mobile responsive with the new design provided.
- Developed a React Native iOS mobile app with the same functionality of a website.
Senior Developer Team Lead2012 - 2014EBSCO Information Services
Technologies: Django, Python, Ruby on Rails, React, HTML5
- Estimated and architected web-based software projects as well as mentored and managed the developers on my team.
- Served as a scrum master and project leader on a high-profile web development project. The project involved creating a custom Django library for calculating truck axle load.
- Estimated, planned, developed, and deployed Ruby on Rails software related to BESTCARE's proprietary hospital-acquired infection detection and reporting software.
- Rebuilt BESTCARE's website front end with React which was originally customized HTML/CSS only.
- Generated a gap-and-overlap analysis of the current systems and departmental workflows in the admin portal.
Full-stack Developer (Web and Mobile)2010 - 2011Precision Software LLC
Technologies: iOS, Android, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Django, AngularJS
- Designed and developed back-end APIs for a medical practice with Django using TDD and Agile development methodology.
- Designed a front-end website using AngularJS; the website features included, scheduling employee hours, authentication to get into employee pages, and online bill payment.
- Created a CMS of medical practices and allowed doctors to browse medical practices and advises and manage their schedules through an iOS app built with Objective-C.
- Built an Android app with Java and Eclipse for doctors and implemented a role-based system to differentiate levels and roles of doctors and clinic staff.
- Added an integration testing to ensure functional integrity as three versions of API became available by the time.
Web Developer2008 - 2009Fiserv (Formerly Checkfree)
- Assisted in building an internal Ruby on Rails CRM system of the company.
- Built and run automated tests for Bank of America eBilling web service APIs.
- Implemented a new UI/UX to internal CRM system by slicing PSDs into HTML/CSS.
- Assisted in refactoring the back-end code by upgrading the Ruby version from 1.7 to 1.9 and the Rails version from 1.0 to 2.1.