Senior Software Developer2021 - PRESENTAmazon Web Services
Technologies: Go, Kotlin, TypeScript, AWS CloudFormation, Distributed Systems, Java
- Migrated a legacy logging solution to AWS CloudWatch for internal applications.
- Owned and operated an internal application for automated resolution of operational issues.
- Contributed to container monitoring in large Kubernetes clusters.
Senior Software Developer2018 - 2021Symbiont
Technologies: Go, Clojure, Distributed Systems, CircleCI, Kubernetes
- Owned and implemented a distributed database and consensus protocol.
- Replaced a legacy prototype with a production-ready solution built on top of an optimal and testable message-driven architecture.
- Contributed to reliability by implementing Jepsen chaos testing.
- Contributed substantially to regular improvements to software development practices (static analysis, project management practices, release process).
Senior Site Reliability Engineer2018 - 2018iHeartRadio
Technologies: Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, Docker, Go, Grafana
- Migrated AWS infrastructure monitoring and observability tooling to a new stack of Prometheus, Alertmanager, and Grafana.
- Developed proofs-of-concept for migrating audio streaming architecture to Kubernetes to address deployment and scaling concerns.
- Mentored interns working on short-term projects, driving project ideation and providing regular feedback.
Senior Software Developer2016 - 2018Commonbond
Technologies: Java, AWS
- Owned architecture and back-end development for the CommonBond For Business platform.
- Built CI/CD pipelines for all software packages and deployments.
- Trained and managed a small team of developers to accelerate product delivery.
Software Developer2015 - 2016FactSet
- Contributed to a scheduled news delivery system written in Perl.
- Designed and implemented user interfaces for FactSet Market Intellingence and BookBuilder applications.
- Implemented secure data access layer with Adobe ColdFusion.