CTO | Co-founder2015 - PRESENTIkasi
Technologies: Python, Django, TypeScript, Angular, AWS, Kubernetes, Jenkins, PostgreSQL, Pandas, Scikit-learn
- Architected and built a data science platform that allowed for the easy deployment of machine learning models and also could be integrated with dashboards. Worked with a product manager, designer, and two developers to accomplish this.
- Developed a platform using Docker, Django, and PostgreSQL on the back end. The front end consisted of Angular and TypeScript.
- Setup a Kubernetes infrastructure on AWS using Terraform, Jenkins, RDS, Kops, EFS, and Jenkins.
- Led weekly sprint planning meetings with all the tasks stored in Asana.
- Managed two developers, conducted regular one-on-ones, and performed code reviews.
Vice President of Engineering2011 - 2015Adaptly
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Backbone.js, AWS, Clojure, Scala, PostgreSQL
- Was hired as the first developer at Adaptly, an early-stage startup, when the company consisted of five employees. I was promoted to team lead and then VP Engineering as the company grew.
- Architected and helped build out the Adaptly product while working with product and key stakeholders. During this time, Adaptly grew to over 100 employees and $60 million in revenue.
- Scaled PostgreSQL to be able to handle a high workload, that had initially started crashing the original single server.
- Developed a platform that was able to quickly respond to changes in the Facebook Ads API which the platform allowed clients to deploy their ads through.
- Managed a team of 12 developers, conducted one on ones, and oversaw the hiring process.
Senior Developer2010 - 2011Thrillist
- Worked in a team of eight on a redesign of the website and WordPress upgrade.
- Developed and customized WordPress plugins that were needed for the new website.
- Tracked bugs and features using Jira while working in sprints.
Developer2009 - 2010Densebrain
Technologies: iOS, Android, MySQL, CakePHP
- Developed iOS applications and back ends in PHP for a mobile consulting company.
- Developed a system on Android and PHP that allowed for delivery drivers to update the statuses of packages.
- Developed NYCMate, an application that provided subway maps of New York City and the ability to find subways needed to reach your destination; this was before Google Maps had this functionality.