CTO | Co-founder2015 - PRESENTIkasi
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Scikit-learn, Pandas, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Kubernetes, AWS, Angular, TypeScript, Django, Python, APIs, Architecture, DB, DevOps, Back-end, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Technical Leadership, REST APIs
- Architected and built a data science platform that allowed the easy deployment of machine learning models and could be integrated with dashboards. Worked with a product manager, designer, and two developers to accomplish this.
- Developed a platform using Docker, Django, and PostgreSQL on the back end. The front end consisted of Angular and TypeScript.
- Set up a Kubernetes infrastructure on AWS using Terraform, Jenkins, RDS, Kops, EFS, and Jenkins.
- Led weekly sprint planning meetings with all the tasks stored in Asana.
- Managed two developers, conducted regular one-on-ones, and performed code reviews.
Full-stack Developer2020 - 2022Crabel Capital Management
- Developed a React app that allowed the internal team to queue multiple changes to manage financial accounts for different dates. Wrote stored procedures in SQL server so that the front end could fetch data using the company's custom back-end service.
- Set up event monitoring for Node.js applications using LogicMonitor. A groovy script was created for the LogicMonitor that would hit internal APIs to get status information and then store that information and create alarms.
- Maintained multiple React and Vue.js projects, including updating libraries, upgrading interactions with back-end services, and adding new features.
Vice President of Engineering2011 - 2015Adaptly
Technologies: React, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, Scala, Clojure, AWS, Backbone.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, APIs, Architecture, DB, DevOps, Back-end, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Technical Leadership, REST APIs
- Engaged as the first developer at Adaptly, an early-stage startup, when the company consisted of five employees. Promoted to team lead and then VP of engineering as the company grew.
- Architected and helped build out the Adaptly product while working with the product and key stakeholders. Adaptly grew to over 100 employees and $60 million in revenue during this time.
- Scaled PostgreSQL to be able to handle a high workload that had initially started crashing the original single server.
- Developed a platform that quickly responded to changes in the Facebook Ads API through which the platform allowed clients to deploy their ads.
- Managed a team of 12 developers, conducted one-on-ones, and oversaw the hiring process.
Senior Developer2010 - 2011Thrillist
- Collaborated with a team of eight on a redesign of the website and WordPress upgrade.
- Developed and customized WordPress plugins needed for the new website.
- Tracked bugs and features using Jira while working in sprints.
Developer2009 - 2010Densebrain
Technologies: CakePHP, MySQL, Android, iOS
- Developed the iOS applications and back-ends in PHP for a mobile consulting company.
- Created a system on Android and PHP that allowed delivery drivers to update the statuses of packages.
- Built NYCMate, an application that provided subway maps of New York City and the ability to find subways needed to reach your destination; this was before Google Maps had this functionality.